1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 14 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast

Anyone figured out some reliable macros for 50/60/70 crafting yet? Saw some for 80s, but I'm not there yet so some things aren't valid.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Anyone figured out some reliable macros for 50/60/70 crafting yet? Saw some for 80s, but I'm not there yet so some things aren't valid.
    Are we talking leveling or just HQing at level80?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Shit dude I don't even know where to start putting my buttons on my hotbars, everything is different now and I'm not sure which skills are gonna be used the most and which will be ignored. I'm not that into crafting but I still wanna do it to be self-sufficient, so kinda waiting for the crafting guides to update with leveling/endgame macros to help clueless people like me lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Crafted all of my 460 armor today, it's far, far simpler than it used to be. You can ignore almost every ability that they left us with thanks to Reflect, Innovation, and Ingenuity. One or two pieces of Facet gear with decent melds will be overkill for everything atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Are we talking leveling or just HQing at level80?
    Leveling, which is what I meant with the 50/60/70 stuff. Specifics for 35/40/70/80 durability stuff would be good, but in general, I'd probably say anything reliable on 35d things would be okay for anything else.

Edit: Current spread, but don't think it matters much now.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Crafted all of my 460 armor today, it's far, far simpler than it used to be. You can ignore almost every ability that they left us with thanks to Reflect, Innovation, and Ingenuity. One or two pieces of Facet gear with decent melds will be overkill for everything atm.
    disappointing

I'm kind of surprised that upgrading the DoW crafted gear is just an NPC process. Granted, goetia tomes did need some kind of sink since mats weren't exactly selling like hotcakes.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

SB was the same

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its a nice catch up feature and makes crafted gear still casually desirable since Eden drops 8 fucking tokens a floor and now things are unlimited.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    SB was the same
    SB required you to run tediously back and forth between 2 NPCs on different sides of the zone. So yeah, I much much prefer being able to do all of it through 1 NPC.

I only bother with the weapons. It's a nice way to get an easy i460 weapon (HQ onry) without having to farm Phantasmagoria for 3 weeks or fights or etc for all my jobs that aren't Dragoon.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Is there anyway to actually cap frame rate these days? Uncapped I get around 90fps but systems runs hotter (and louder) then I'd prefer - never struggled at 60, but if I try to go 1/2 rate I just get ~45 instead of capped at half the monitor's refresh speed for some stupid reason.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So having gotten all my DoH/DoL jobs and all my handful of level 70+ jobs to 80, I've gotten bored and decided to level Thm/Blm. It's currently at level 28 because I got it up there for cross-class skills because way back when I initially leveled it, that was a thing people did.

So what's the most basic of basic that I need to know for the job? Should I start with a cheap MP fire III? Should I only spam fire I and only III when I get a free insta-cast proc? When I'm out/low on MP, should I transpose or just jump into casting Blizzard?

not exactly a new player here, but i've done the arcanist quest a couple times before a while back, the level 25 one where you meet the guildmaster for the first time and get a new grimoire for K'lyhia... and i could've SWORN he looked absolutely nothing like he did this time. like... the hair was different, wavy shoulder length, the robes were crimson and long and fancy, and even the grimoire he handed over wasn't some nice level 30ish tome but something that looked like an ilvl 300 tome rowena would hand out for tomestones. am i going crazy or did they really change this up in the year or so since i did it?

eeeey wait a second he's wearing a recolored brand new robe outfit, that's so unfair! > i want to dye mine too!

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Bumping since I have a friend asking me to grab the game since it's "better" however I'm assuming it's the standard "If you don't do extremes you'll just grind on mind numbingly dull fights" experience I've had the past few times.

Anyway if I do grab it and grind through Stormblood/Shadow how much of a clusterfuck are skills now? Can't imagine with a level 70(?) cap it's easy to manage everything.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Cap is 80 now.
    Are you asking if there are too many skills? I wouldn't really say so. They didn't just keep piling on new skills with every cap increase, they also did some clean up on lower levels, removing/modifying stuff.

BG Level

That's promising. I remember when I finished Heavnsward the 3 skill bars I had for NIN were nearly full.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Some skills were removed with Shadowbringers, and new ones added. Cross class skills were completely eliminated with Stormblood so that will help too.

Stormblood main story is kinda meh to be honest but the side activities like the Omega raids and the 24 man Ivalice raids are some of the best in the game.

Shadowbringers is just 10/10 all around.

BG Level

And 30 doesn't seem too bad consider I got a 50 dollar gift card from my employer as a thanks due to the pandemic I need to burn through.

BG Level

Oh and is Samurai still hot garbage?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag