1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Hunt Linkshells are a thing but right now a lot of them are on a go slow because a lot of people have capped. You will see a few parties in party finder and most people will still head for S ranks.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Where do I find retainer settings in the MogStation? I had 4 before my account lasped, played the free weekend, didn't have two, want to resubscribe, can't find the setting to include the two extra retainers.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Where do I find retainer settings in the MogStation? I had 4 before my account lasped, played the free weekend, didn't have two, want to resubscribe, can't find the setting to include the two extra retainers.
    Nevermind, the retainer option doesn't show up until after the normal subscription is active.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Since I can't get on, what's BLMs current standing. Was thinking of leveling a ranged DPS and wondering how useful they are.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I noticed Shield Swipe is a Weaponskill but it doesn't interrupt combos. Are there any others like that? Particularly looking at the Infuriate required WAR Weaponskills.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Both Inner Beast and Steel Cyclone don't interrupt combos. And with the recently extended duration of the Storm's Eye debuff, you can even do Inner Beast -> Infuriate -> Inner Beast, continue your combo, and not lose the debuff.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Stopped right after 2.1 hit. Myths are obsolete? I've heard I can trade them for Soldiery or whatever is current, yes? If so, where?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

The vendors that sell stuff for the new Soldiery/Poetics tomes, they're north of the crystal in Mor Dhona.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

What is people's opinion of 2.4 so far? More of the same that we've had for the last year?
    I got terribly bored towards the end of 2.3, getting a decent group for coil2 was nearly impossible, hunts were annoying, basically lost interest. I've logged on for all of about 5 minutes after 2.4 dropped and couldn't actually will myself to do any content.
    Add that to the fact that I'm playing a heap of Ingress, and my sub seems like a waste of money at the moment. I'm just about better off sinking the cash into extra data for my phone.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    What is people's opinion of 2.4 so far? More of the same that we've had for the last year?
    I got terribly bored towards the end of 2.3, getting a decent group for coil2 was nearly impossible, hunts were annoying, basically lost interest. I've logged on for all of about 5 minutes after 2.4 dropped and couldn't actually will myself to do any content.
    Add that to the fact that I'm playing a heap of Ingress, and my sub seems like a waste of money at the moment. I'm just about better off sinking the cash into extra data for my phone.
    i never played much before at all and really started a bit before 2.4 but i am getting tired of this game atm. Stuff that bothers me:

1. No event/hard stuff for 4 man PTs
    2. keeping a static of 8 people in check to go is almost impossible and a bitchfest
    3. lockouts for participazing kill teamwork and mood in FCs and make the game not enjoyable
    4. weekly caps on stuff
    there is prollyore

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If I didn't have my coil static trucking through FCoB, I wouldn't be playing. That said we don't raid that often and I spent all of my time doing dailies (also on alts), crafting, and making money for no real end purpose other than to have it. Gearing alt jobs on the side. Mostly busywork.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Gathering question: I currently hit 50 MIN last week and I guess I'm curious where to go from there. Find a crafter and start melding my equipment?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

If I didn't have my coil static trucking through FCoB, I wouldn't be playing. That said we don't raid that often and I spent all of my time doing dailies (also on alts), crafting, and making money for no real end purpose other than to have it. Gearing alt jobs on the side. Mostly busywork.
    Yeah I'm kind of over all that after a year. Might be time to move on.

Gathering question: I currently hit 50 MIN last week and I guess I'm curious where to go from there. Find a crafter and start melding my equipment?
    Yep you want to get your gear melded up so you can start working on the higher tier gear. Aim for 600GP, and as much gathering as you need to hit the appropriate nodes. It's not a cheap exercise FYI, but probably less so than melding out your crafting gear. I'd probably say go and burn leves to get the appropriate crafts to 50 too, sucks having to rely on someone else for your melds, and you don't need to sink money into the crafting classes to be able to meld.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    If I didn't have my coil static trucking through FCoB, I wouldn't be playing.
    I've actually had times when I feel like quitting raiding. While I do enjoy doing the hard stuff, it's taking up so much of my time that I haven't been able to work on other things like crafting/gathering, or doing the easy stuff with my non-raiding fc/friends. It's a hard thing to balance. Obviously time will free up once we have things on farm but that's going to take a while.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Theres really nothing particular about 2.4 thats keeping me playing, unless you count capping poetics and praying I get in a Shiva EX farm party that can actually farm her. I havent had much time to play rog/nin either, it's only like 22

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Going to leech off this thread since I don't want to create a new one.

I stopped shortly after January of this year (came back briefly for the start of 2nd coil then again during the summer but didn't have the time to fully commit and quit again). Now I have a fuckton of free time so I'm looking into getting back into the game and the NIN videos I've seen look pretty cool. How's the population of NIN compared to other DPS roles? What addons do people generally use nowadays?

I also read that Atma drop rates have been buffed. Were the books that you buy with tomes also reduced in price or are those still the same?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

NIN is the new DRG in that there is slew of bandwagoning players who suck at it for one reason another. Job itself is very good.

Atma rate is pretty good. I'd say can get all in a day with decent luck. Can still spend like 2 hours in a zone before you see one, but I got most of mine post-patch in short order.

Books cost 500 soldiery (down from 1500) but soldiery in general is a lot less plentiful so it's arguably the same or worse.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Books cost 500 soldiery (down from 1500) but soldiery in general is a lot less plentiful so it's arguably the same or worse.
    Just spam story roulette. You can SB and get tomes at the same time.

id spam frontlines myself. can get wolf marks (for pvp gear to glamour, if nothing else), pvp exp (to actually equip said gear for glamours/buffed pvp abilities), and damnit its fun. fairly quick que times too, usually 0-15 minutes tops, and the matches last 10-15 minutes. much less painful than ::shudder:: castrum meriblahblah

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Is there a way to sell your house/plot or am I out 17m? I just found out that personal housing doesn't transfer with you if you change servers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag