1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 16 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 17 hours, 59 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
    Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Edit: Nevermind, found my answer on reddit

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Question for light farming, are lights only from sub-50 dungeons? Or can I get them from the level 50 ones too? Just looking at further quests and trying to be as optimal as possible

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sub 50
    I think the only exception is the 3 ARR 24-man raids

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Alrighty, thanks for the answer. Also, this is my first weapon, so do I actually need to be on that near-end step to actually unlock the quests?

Edit: Okay, looks like the answer is no. No one is offering the quests early

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Okay Aurum Vale is the tits. Everywhere online is saying grind Tam-Tara for speed, but I was knocking out Aurum Vale on Drg a solid minute and a half faster (roughly 2:30 per run vs around 4min for each TT). And with all the newbs, felt like TT took longer to queue up the instance too

Got lucky with bonus in AV for a bit too, manage to get like 75% of my runs done

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah people who say to run Tam Tara are deluded I feel. Just because Aurum Vale has a bad rep (and even that is nonsense. Just pull slowly on the first room; though I admit the 1st boss is a bit of a wake up call for healers), does not mean it's a shit place to farm. AV has no bullshit doors or buttons to push and you just need to kill 3 mandatory mobs to open door. I think I may have posted this fact on reddit once but no one agree so fuck'em lol (plus downvoted to negative)

Next step is the items which is the annoying thing, if you have no crafters levelled I recommend just buying it outright from the auction house to save yourself the RNG bullshit (otherwise you need to buy these items which cost 10k and desynth them and hope for the material)

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I luckily have all my crafts leveled, and the price of the items was possibly changed recently as they only cost 3k a piece, but some I had to buy multiple times in order to actually get the desynthed item I needed.

And then yeah, the 4 100k items too.

I got to the point where I just have all the dungeons up for the quests and just have to burn through them all in succession

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I see, on subsequent tries, if you decide to grind for another, I had them ready before hand (up to 9 copies, as the quest is repeatable) so I can insta-hand them in the moment I reach this stage, rather than going through the small checklist. You might want to consider doing that/prepping.

My plan is to grind the remaining 4 ARR relics I have (not hard, just tedious)
    And then use these ARR relics to convert them for HW relics to skip the initial stage (or farm fates) (this step is apparently buffed and the drop rates are increased, but I like the idea of not "wasting" my previously hard earned work in the ARR relics and using them to convert, otherwise to save space it's straight up deleting them AND farming fates for the crystals)
    You can buy the replicas anyway, so no point keeping them around

Just something for you to consider/plan, if needed.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I appreciate the advice. At this point I have all the items I need prepped save for poetics needed for the mahatma stage at the very end. Now it's just mostly just dungeon grinding to the finish.

And after doing this 1 time for my dragoon, I have nooooo desire to ever do it again lol

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think I just spammed ifrit normal for the light/mahatmas and only tried dungeons for bonus checking. I think it was like 5 seconds to down him and it's like 6? ifrit runs to equal a dungeon. The loading into the instance and waiting for the barrier to drop were the longest parts of the fight.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I did Ifrit a few times but it was just too mundane for me. And goddamn Aurum Vale, got really fucking lucky on the Mahatma step and had it on Bonus. Half an hour later and now this bad boy is mine

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Also, after all that work, I can't put this shit in my glamour chest??!?!

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I don't think you can put relic/purple weapons in a chest however you can buy replicas for that purpose I believe.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I ended up manually glamming it onto my weapon and then put it in my retainer storage ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

2 questions:

1. Are there any good guides out the for Ishgard Restoration? Thought I'd give that a whirl since I got my DOL/DOHs 50+
    2. I know you can hide effects to help clear up some of the junk ggoing on but are there any additional features? Such as the bahamut summon/etc?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Honestly I'd start Ishgard crafting sooner. I think the lowest craft is what, level 30? And if you have DoL jobs leveled, it's super cheap too. Really easy and fast way to level those jobs.

As for guides, no idea. But I basically just crafted the highest available Ishgard craft for whatever class I was on en masse until the next one was unlocked and viable to do. Will get a lot of those kupo fortune coupons this way too so make sure you turn those in and get shit every time you hit the 10 cap. Some decent glamour items and a mount and etc etc can be had

Also you go through levels FAST, so do yourself a favour and keep your gear sets on hand so you don't have to just keep buying them over and over. And don't waste your time on like the 50 af sets. The level 51 gear outclasses it easily lol (think the 61 and 71 sets are similar too, albeit scrip gear might be just as good or better for a couple levels like tome gear is on battle classes)

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For leveling your DoL jobs, I dunno how good Ishgard is for that. I just basically did a combo of a)going for whatever quest material I needed for whatever level quest was next, b)beast tribe dailies, c)collectibles, d)custom deliveries and if I needed a hit of exp to get to the next level, a leve or two

Was able to get both miner and gatherer to 80 stupid fast from what I remember back when I did it

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So I'm playing the trial but probably going to sub when funds allow. Anyway really looking to play summoner but I recall getting summons was a bitch on ffxi, needing a full party originally until they made solo versions (which I did). Are the summoner fights Solo or group?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It’s nothing like FFXI. You’ll get summons as you level up and complete your class quests and main story quests.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Eyy, nice! Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag