1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 17 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 16 hours, 18 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
    King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Just prepare for a bit of a slog because, again, Eureka is all based on your elemental level. You'll have to follow the quest-lines in there to get to the later stages

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Ok, hijacking this for a rando question again. I've started doing Eureka Anemos. I'm basically working towards the latter areas to get gear for glamors Anyway, I'm already at i401 so my stuff is superior to the gearset you'd normally want to acquire there. Is there a reason I'm missing that I still should? My dmg and survivability seem fine. Also the pyros and hydros stuff (which is what i want) sounds like I just need to start from scratch and buy, not upgrade.
    iLevel doesn't matter in Eureka. Your elemental level (and a few seleclt pieces of gear) is what will contribute to your damage.

Your best bet for leveling is doing your challenge logs and grouping up with people for the higher level Notorious monsters in the area. While you can move onto the next area once your hit your elemental level cap I'd advise staying a bit where you're at to level a bit more since if you go into an area right at the start you'll be pretty underleveled and can't go too far in without dying.

Basically think of Eureka as a less shitty FFXI grind.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    iLevel doesn't matter in Eureka. Your elemental level (and a few seleclt pieces of gear) is what will contribute to your damage.

Your best bet for leveling is doing your challenge logs and grouping up with people for the higher level Notorious monsters in the area. While you can move onto the next area once your hit your elemental level cap I'd advise staying a bit where you're at to level a bit more since if you go into an area right at the start you'll be pretty underleveled and can't go too far in without dying.

Basically think of Eureka as a less shitty FFXI grind.
    Omg this is exactly what I thought when I started. So true.

BG Level

Also be sure to use this site: https://ffxiv-eureka.com/

Best way to know what's going to spawn once someone gives you the tracker ID in shout so you can find people to party up with.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you got the gil to spend, buy the Kirin Osode/Vermillion Cloak (depends on what job you play), and be sure to wear it in Eureka zones. It helps immensely. You can buy it from vendor in Kugane docks with items that drop from Eureka but they can also be bought on the market boards if you want to save time.

Everything from Eureka is glam at this point, there’s better ilevel stuff on MB or even from npc vendors in higher level areas. As a general rule don’t get too bogged down on item level stuff until you reach endgame at level cap, just progressing the MSQ will hand you equal or better gear than the previous expansion’s best stuff.

BG Level

I'd also only advise that if you have gil to drain and you're serious about Eureka. I did all of it and AV/Ozma without any of the hase/Elemental bonus gear for inside of Eureka.

Anyway for crafting is there any real incentive to get mastery tomes? My initial thought was to rotate through the ones that make gear to HQ Classical gear for my non-tanks but a set on the MB seems rather cheap.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Going on the opposite direction, contemplating an extended leave of absence. One of my alts has a fc with a small house on Zalera. Is selling that (for gil, not real shineys) against the TOS?
    (Is there even a market now with the coming changes to how plot allocation is done with lotteries etc.?)
    The estate will probably get demolished if it becomes a long thing, seems like a waste.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's against the TOS but people still do it anyway because SE has no way of controlling it when the deals are done out of the game. I'm not sure if the changes to FC permissions has changed yet (transferring leader etc.) but there are a couple housing discords where you can advertise the plot you are selling to get buyers who after you make the sale, you transfer FC lead to them then drop. Depending on location and ship/sub status, you can get upwards of 200m.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I believe the demolition timers have been stopped again because of the ongoing Ukraine/Russia conflict.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Much appreciated

BG Level

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but are character/system/UI settings client only? If so where are the files located so I can transfer them to another PC?

They are but you don't need to back up like that. In your launcher go to config. There is a backup tool you can use to backup UI.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn
    There is one for each character are named like:

FFXIV_CHR004000ABBUNCHOCHARS

I copy the settings from my main to my alts all the time so they are all the same.

You can of course also use the built in backup upload/download tools.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    They are but you don't need to back up like that. In your launcher go to config. There is a backup tool you can use to backup UI.
    Awesome. That'll be handy when I start moving files/etc. over.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This is a long shot but is there any updated 6.0 or 6.1 guide to the fastest way to farm Skybuilder Scrips?

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Rando question: A friend gifted me a mount and I entered the code successfully but its been a few hours and it hasn't shown up. By all info I can find it should have arrived by now, anyone else had a delay? I don't mind waiting but he is curious to know if it worked or not.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

My mounts have taken 8+ hours to arrive before. Their shop can be extremely slow.

The only thing I can suggest is to try logging out and back in.

And the obvious make sure you're on your home server.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got an email saying I can get 96 hours of free login time, but when i go to the login screen and type my info i get the following error "unable to complete version check" or something like that. tried rebooting and same thing. Do I need to do a full uninstall/reinstall?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag