1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Bumping.

So lately I've been getting an urge for an MMO again and have been thinking of coming back. I quit a few weeks into the last update before Heavensward and wondering in that year or so how much the game has changed. Or is it pretty much the same as before where I'd farm currency, cap, then not log back in until the weekly reset.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Same as before.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah absolutely no change at all besides some minor quality of life adjustments/additions, and you can fly in the new zones.

A consolidated thread was created today on the major problems over on Reddit, give that a thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...g_it_too_safe/

Lately while playing (or capping my tomes) I've been trying hard not to doze off. I imagine falling asleep at the wheel feels like this. Currently watching films to avoid doing so but yeh...

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Content cycle hasn't really changed at all. They did add Diadem a couple of patches ago (which was kind of disastrous but was at least something "different") and the new Palace of the Dead/Deep Dungeon is supposed to be another "new" form of content coming in 3.35, but the meat and potatoes of each patch is identical to how it's always been (if not arguably worse given we only get 2 dungeons instead of 3 now). The only real addition over ARRs endgame is that there's an easy version of the raid with its own middle-ground loot, but much like anything it's also time gated and becomes quickly outdated by tomestone and raid gear.

Current "relevant" content is Alexander: Midas (Normal) for i220 gear, essentially your entry gear for this tier, Sephirot Extreme (i220 weapons), 2 "expert" dungeons to farm lore tomestones (which give i230 gear) and Alexander: Midas (Savage) which is the current raid tier and gives both i240 gear and upgrade materials to make your lore tomestone gear i240 too.

That said, if you haven't even touched Heavensward you have a decent bit of content to chew through. There's something like 12 new dungeons now, 4 primals (all with Extreme versions, though as usual the item level climb and echo has kind of trivialized all but the most recent), 8 raid encounters (all with an easily accessible DF-friendly normal mode) as well as the obviously new classes to fuck around with in some new leveling zones if any of them interest you. The story is actually pretty alright this time around too, so if you're not the type to skip through everything you can get some enjoyment out of that. I'd say you could most likely get your moneys worth for a month or two for sure depending on how many hours a day you're likely to play but if the endless gear treadmill/raid tier design isn't to your liking you're not going to find a lot of reasons to stick around once you've gotten through everything.

BG Level

Well that sucks. Guess I'll hold out until Overwatch's open beta happens.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If you approach the game with just its basics there is plenty to do as Kiarax said.

Enjoy the MS, do the primals, try out all the PUGable raid bosses. Even if I quit raiding I would still keep up with the game at an extremely casual pace.

BG Level

Even at a casual pace, content just seems.... meh to me. Dungons are just grouping stuff up and AOEing it down, primals/24 man raids are hoping to god the people you're with know what they're doing so they don't wipe, and extreme raids are pretty much "no static? then fuck you"

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

FFXIV in a nutshell.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I fell into the "I only play when I raid" category pretty much. I don't even care to cap anymore or get the free materia.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Even at a casual pace, content just seems.... meh to me. Dungons are just grouping stuff up and AOEing it down, primals/24 man raids are hoping to god the people you're with know what they're doing so they don't wipe, and extreme raids are pretty much "no static? then fuck you"
    come play BDO

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The heavensward story is actually not that bad. I'd tell you to at least play through that and enjoy it -- take it slow. Post-60 progression, however...

...dead in the water.

I just stopped playing the actual game and only log on to go full animal crossing on a house I own.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

As someone who only subs to get his final frontline achievement, if you are bored of the game before, you are going to be bored of the game after re-subbing. There is nothing fundamentally different now vs. how it was back in the 2.x series asides from minor side activities.

The only other thing I do is trial roulette and void ark for that materia, but even that is becoming a 30 min yawnfest.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    come play BDO
    BDO?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    BDO?
    Black Desert Online.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Do you guys all think the game will tank eventually, if they keep going at this pace? A lot of people aren't even satisfied with Alexander. It's not surprising when you compare it to the amazing fights that Coil had, not to mention they were a lot more important too.

BG Level

Eh I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    Black Desert Online.
    Oh shit I forgot about that. I will have to look up some gameplay.

THE FAIRY CAT
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snoctopus Snoctopus
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    Do you guys all think the game will tank eventually, if they keep going at this pace? A lot of people aren't even satisfied with Alexander. It's not surprising when you compare it to the amazing fights that Coil had, not to mention they were a lot more important too.
    I don't think it will tank, but I don't expect to see it change to anything that would entice me to play it. There are a lot of players that are 100% content logging in, doing their gathering, and messing around with glamours. I think it's only those of us that want a bit more substance that are upset with how it is, but with how little of the population even approaches endgame content, I don't think that will change.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It occurs to me that if they had marketed the game from the beginning as basically an extensive carnival game and focused all their development on silly side games and light content instead of ever trying to have depth of battle system, economy or itemization, it would have fared a lot better. I'd actually be okay with it if they put all their energy towards story, funny quests and dumb shit like Triple Triad/Chocobo Racing and drop the pretense of meaningful battle content altogether. It's clear that the dev team is best at making shiny cosmetic stuff, and Yoshi has said repeatedly that he wants the game to be like a theme park with a ton of different things to do. They might as well just follow the Korean model and make it a F2P grindfest with a cosmetic cash shop, it's already barely a step away from that anyway. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is the path they end up taking with the game, although I suppose as long as there are enough people paying sub fees they'll stick with what they're doing now.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Snoctopus View Post
    I don't think it will tank, but I don't expect to see it change to anything that would entice me to play it. There are a lot of players that are 100% content logging in, doing their gathering, and messing around with glamours. I think it's only those of us that want a bit more substance that are upset with how it is, but with how little of the population even approaches endgame content, I don't think that will change.
    That is insane. I use to be one of those guys but ever since I landed this new job, it feels like I can't waste my time idly doing b/s on this game, so I only choose to play during our usual raid but even few of the members are starting to fall into a rut with this game, but thankfully too many. I can't stand logging in to the awkward dead silence everywhere since a lot of players that showed up when patch hit, are already gone.

BG Level

Followup since my friend is nearly talking me into coming back for a bit:

How much did NIN change with 60? I noticed they have a new weaponskill to reset the time on their speed buff, but doesn't look like anything else significant besides Smokescreen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag