1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    THE FAIRY CAT
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snoctopus Snoctopus
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Followup since my friend is nearly talking me into coming back for a bit:

How much did NIN change with 60? I noticed they have a new weaponskill to reset the time on their speed buff, but doesn't look like anything else significant besides Smokescreen.
    They got a few new buttons, but their core functionality in a group remains the same.

The game at 60 is almost identical to the game at 50, you just parse higher numbers and the raid scenery isn't as good.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Yeah, looking into the skills it mostly seems to be support/damage enhancements to already what they have.

Oh well. Ordered a MMO mouse so let's do this sh*t when it comes in on Tuesday.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cryss Cook
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Snoctopus View Post
    ...and the raid scenery isn't as good.
    If by scenery you mean the actual visuals of Alexander compared to coil, I have to agree. In terms of fight quality, I can't think of much in coil that matches midas savage, aside from maybe t9 and t12. That's just my opinion though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by MrCookTM View Post
    If by scenery you mean the actual visuals of Alexander compared to coil, I have to agree. In terms of fight quality, I can't think of much in coil that matches midas savage, aside from maybe t9 and t12. That's just my opinion though.
    For Coil Vs Gordias, the only fight that I enjoyed was AS3 (Note, never got to finish AS4 due to group issues). Midas, I actually really enjoy, although they are somewhat tainted for me at the moment by something non fight related. I'd enjoy AS7 a hell of a lot more if that issue was fixed...

T13 during progression certainly matched Midas savage. T12 was actually kinda like AS7 but easier, and certainly easier imo than the previous turn once you worked out the gimmick (burn first phase and manage birds). That said, i'm a BLM so T11 was always going to be a challenge.

T10 in i110 weapons was pretty fun too imo.

Aesthetics and story wise, well, its no contest. Coil hands down.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I haven't really dedicated time to NIN since the expansion, but as I understand, the rotation changed to adjust for the speed buff, that's about it.

BG Level

Oh. One last thing: What is the name of that app that shows party TP and has a parser?

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Oh. One last thing: What is the name of that app that shows party TP and has a parser?
    You can see party tp by default now. No numbers just the bar under buff icons

http://advancedcombattracker.com for parser

Cooldowns also display how much left in numbers and a new animation

Considering coming back, how bad did the tank patch "nerf" tanks? From what I'm looking at it seems they adjusted VIT to be .45 of STR. However the numbers that people are putting out via parses seem significantly lower than before.

Also which class is more desired currently, a good machinist or a good war?

Thanks

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Both STR and VIT give .45 attack power now. The damage nerf will be noticeable when you first log in, but once you start to gear up you pretty quickly stop feeling it. With full BIS you still do quite a bit more than we did with full 210 BIS. If you have gil kicking around you can get a lot of 220 crafted pieces immediately and even by the time you're full 220 you won't be far off where you were in full 210 BIS.

MCH and WAR are both pretty well desired, I think there's a bigger demand for WAR right now (my group lost our WAR a few weeks ago so I've been watching the recruitment reddit a lot since) but you shouldn't have an issue finding a spot with either class.

BG Level

DLing now (Shit I forgot how big these games are...). In the meantime... is the DRG rotation still a clusterfuck?

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

drg rotation is perfect

BG Level

Eh, I forgot shit about it except the opener was like 25ish steps or something like that which seemed overkill to NINs "Keep DOTs up or you suck" mindset.

BG Level

New areas are nice. Sucks that RMT spam is still around.

Speaking of spam... holy crap at blind guild invites I got just being in Ishgard.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Must be a US datacenter thing. I don't get blind FC invites anymore(thank god). I remember back, I couldn't walk .5 yalms without being spammed with those + RMT tells.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I just came back to the game and I've been leveling MNK and BRD. I'm having a lot of fun, so when does it stop being fun? I'm on coeurl right now with an old friend.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    I just came back to the game and I've been leveling MNK and BRD. I'm having a lot of fun, so when does it stop being fun? I'm on coeurl right now with an old friend.

Depends on your expectations. The grind endgame without a static is pretty dull if you are only interested in gear. Get tomes, buy gear with tomes, do weekly quest, wait for reset. But if you just want to explore and have fun the game offers plenty to do. Just remember all your hard work for gear gets reset every 6 months, but most everything not gear related has no time limit.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    It stops being fun when you've exhausted everything that's new to you, everything's on farm ad-nauseum and the next update is a month and a half away. And then you can't even farm for your 17 different jobs effectively because of weekly caps, you can't craft much and expect real gains because there's little to no economy, every duty roulette you do is full of retards who can't play their jobs, there's nothing keeping people playing so it's a ghost town between patches, and then the hatred begins to set in...

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    Must be a US datacenter thing. I don't get blind FC invites anymore(thank god). I remember back, I couldn't walk .5 yalms without being spammed with those + RMT tells.
    Maybe. Didn't happen last night but still. Wow at going to the effort to recruit someone when there is no real guild content.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I mean, they're just looking for bodies to get credits for actions. They probably have no intention of actually doing anything with you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag