1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Left mouse button should rotate around while you keep walking where you were walking, right will have you turning around in the direction you're moving
    (on my system at least, if it doesn't on yours, maybe I tweaked something years ago I forgot about)
    Yeah left click still makes her run in that direction. That's good news that yours doesn't because it means it is a setting somewhere. I just can't seem to figure out which one.

edit: Left click does rotate correctly when in auto run, but not manual. I hit default on the keybinds to see if I had broken something, but nope.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

hmm, you can run with WASD while holding mousekey if that helps?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    hmm, you can run with WASD while holding mousekey if that helps?
    That's what I am doing. Still takes my character in the direction of the camera.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I am not sure then, sorry, if i understand you right, what you want to accomplish works for me, but I can't easily ascertain what setting i might have set that would cause the differences in our experiences with it, sorry :/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

No worries! Thank you for trying!

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Possibly returning - Questions

Standard is tank controls, so it makes sense as to why you’re able to do this while on Standard. The only way to do what you’re describing on Legacy afaik is to just have your character on auto-run. I know what you mean because i cannot do what you describe either, i’ll check to see if there is such a setting tho when i get home today.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Yeah I am reading others say it’s not possible. Sucks because moving backwards in legacy is faster than standard, and I liked that for a lot of fights. But I also need to scan the area for heals/adds/etc. so being able to do both would be amazing.

I am pretty sure you are able to do it with the controller with the sticks, so I am surprised there’s no option to.

I guess I gotta decide which way is more comfortable. Standard is similar to other mmos so I guess I should practice with that.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wow a 2013-ish era bot response

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Finally had a little time to tinker with this and figured out what you meant, I'm putting it 1/4 on the language and 3/4 on the I silly account.
    You can microadjust with WASD "spam" as you move which is what I do, but it is probably a little impractical :/
    you'll be one hand short for casting and unless you have a mechanical keyboard it probably won't work very well with that many inputs :/

Just returned recently and noticed that rubberbanding seems to be happening more and more frequently...

My net should be fine ~ 150mbps... not sure where the issue lies. I do see it mostly in Bozja and dungeons...

Servers just being hammered with new interest atm. While technically a good problem to have, the solution is unfortunately not something they can magic up overnight. For now, they've reactivated booting people idle over 30m. Longer queues are to be expected for a bit.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gold Saucer is also a total shit show right now with the make it rain event, I’d suggest not logging out there if you can avoid it.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So for master crafting/gathering 2 questions.

1. Is there still a 1 mastery/character limit for 50/60/70 level crafts or is that restriction gone?
    2. Is there a way to view my mastery manauls/etc. to see what I already have on my DOH/DOLs?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Are you talking about the books? Or getting specialization in a specific craft?

For books, go nuts, you can buy everyone of them for all crafts.

You can be specialized in up to 3 crafts, but you can swap them around later iirc

As for gathering, I dunno what this master thing would be pertaining to that

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

on DOL you can look at the folklore categories (Special tab) and you'll fairly quickly see where you're short

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Are you talking about the books? Or getting specialization in a specific craft?

For books, go nuts, you can buy everyone of them for all crafts.

You can be specialized in up to 3 crafts, but you can swap them around later iirc

As for gathering, I dunno what this master thing would be pertaining to that
    For the books so you can do 1-3 star crafts.

So I take it the 3 craft rule also applies to earlier content?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The specializations/soul of the crafter in crafting are just for very minor stat increases and usually just a few recipes limited to them (but this restriction is usually lifted when they add new items that require it). You can also change your specialization 3 times a week anyways, so it really doesn't limit much at all.

Edit: And yeah, the books for star recipes and stuff for crafting are unlimited, you can unlock all of those on all crafters.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

^^^^^

I've had all crafts and gatherers at 80 for a while now. You can buy all the books with crafter and gatherer scrips. I only have ever had 2 crafters specialized as 1 was for the quest and the other had a glamour piece I wanted to craft. Otherwise I haven't needed it at all

BG Level

For PGL/MNK do forms do anything anymore besides act like a combo indicator?

I don't believe so no. You do need to be in form to proc leaden fist from Dragon Kick however so using form shift to dragon kick is a good opener.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag