1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It never was? It’s a high damage job, but with no party utility, if that’s what you mean. It still has no party utility.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

RE: NIN
    This is one of my preferred jobs in terms of hotbars at the moment. I can fit everything (with the help of some macros) on one crossbar. Every other job uses 2 for me (which I set up and keep an "AOE" and "Single Target" crossbar). EDIT: I lied, 1.5 crossbars, which I access via both trigger buttons but they are for stuff like limit break)

I don't particularly enjoy any of the melee jobs (or any other job except BRD) but I do find my preference to be NIN > MNK/SAM > DRG in terms of simplicity. I am feeling now the 1-2-3/4-5-6/7-8-9 (1-2-3-4 / 5-6-7-8 for DRG) rotation to be out of date and shouldn't be used for nearly all jobs.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    It never was? It’s a high damage job, but with no party utility, if that’s what you mean. It still has no party utility.
    I heard they were pretty low on the ladder at release

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

"The ladder" doesn't even matter unless you're doing savage raids. In normal game, just being a good player on any job will put you above most

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It doesn't matter at all. Difference between DPS for the last 2 expansions is at most 10% between top and bottom and if you take raid support jobs out of that list it's less than 5%. The first clears of the latest ultimate had some of what the community deemed "the worst" jobs and they still managed it. What mattered more was synergy between jobs which made meta comps like piercing stacks 'better', but that doesn't exist anymore.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

All the jobs, baseline, are relatively equal. It’s dependent on skill of the individual player.

This is a stark difference I had to adjust to coming from XI, where XI leans more to the job is more important where in XIV player skill is more important.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post

Shadowbringers is just 10/10 all around.
    This is the critical part. I'm not sure if they revamped the 2.x xp/msq thing yet, I think they did(?), but just playing through it because you need the backstory fresh for Shadowbringers. Shadowbringers is probably the best thing I played the last two decades. Granted, I'm getting old and don't have much time for gaming anymore, but seriously, if you just play it for the story, Shadowbringers delivers so good. Not going to get into the "which is the best of the FF games"-debate, Shadowbringers is up there, but you need the background from the previous packs to fully appreciate it. Do it. If you don't like it you have no soul
    Spoiler: show
    (or at least less than 7/14ths)
    and can hate me, I'll take responsibility.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah they have overhauled ARR

BG Level

So XIV DB is dead (RIP) it seems. Any other good sites to search for info on?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Main_Page

That's what usually pops up when I google items or minions or quests or etc, etc and typically gives me all the answers I need.

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/FF14_Wiki

Also has useful info but not as specific as GE I find

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

garlandtools.org/db/# is also good

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I started playing again on the free trial version after finding out about the return of the Yokai Watch collab and trying to get through the storyline progression to do the FATEs with the new minions for the weapons. I just hit iLevel territory the other day and looking for things that are realistically possible on the free trial. I've been playing WHM and bought an ironworks magitech staff and am about up to the Leviathan fight.

About how much more is there before I unlock those areas? And is there any particular gear I should be aiming for as a free trial? Ironworks gear seemed like the best use of the tomestones that I could find unless I get lucky with dungeon drops.

Ironworks is pretty much the best stuff you can wear until the mid-late 50s, so pick that set up as your tomestones allow.

Unfortunately, you'll be locked out on HW areas until you suitably progress through the story. If you've taken out Leviathan, you've still got a couple more primals and instances to worry about. Since the YW event has minions attributed to Stormblood areas, you're also going to want to zip through HW ASAP since it's got a similar story lock problem. Depending on how hardcore you play, that can be anywhere from a few days to a few weeks of play.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

5.4 probably isn’t coming until December at the earliest so don’t feel like you gotta rush too much.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Also—I could be mistaken here—but I believe the FATES in Stormblood areas are only for RDM, SAM, DNC, and GNB jobs which you can’t access on the free trial anyway.

OCD completionist and mounts, tho.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    garlandtools.org/db/# is also good

That's helpful, thanks.

Also fucking Christ I forgot how much of a stick people can have up their asses for a simple dungeon run if someone wants to watch a cutscene.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Heh. I started a new alt to see the whole story again and have done only 5 dungeons so far and people have zero chill.

BG Level

I mean if it was the final 8 man dungeon during the core story I can understand since some of those cutscenes are long as fuck. But holy shit at people losing their chill if someone watches the intro cutscene for the final boss of a dungeon.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They are almost all very brief anyway, the infamous long one is Thousand Maws of Totorak. It sucks extra because that boss will suck you into the arena and start the fight if you get too close. It’s kinda fun though if you can kill the boss before the person is out of the CS haha

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag