1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I hope so. Technically its time for the Oil nerf, but if they nerfed both steps at the same time I'd be very happy.
    I don't think oil is going to get touched. Mostly on the basis that a i230 weapon by itself is large useless and easily replaced by Padjali weapon. Now, the cost might be chopped but I'd still advise people to dump into Umbrite and let the weekly slowly tick up. It takes 7 weeks to get an i260 without getting that a10s clear so 5 weeks of oil getting, combined with reduced umbrite cost, and then 2 weeks to quickly grind up the singing clusters seems reasonable to me.

At that point you either get into the (I assume) super grindy next step or get in some A11S clears for gobdip.

Everything seems pretty balanced with regard to weapon progression on the anima step right now. Other methods are faster, but Anima's a bit more reliable without so high a skill ceiling.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

On this topic, I tried Alex a bit and realized it's not nearly as easily and quickly farmable as I thought. Is it a terrible idea to use lore/poetics for the remaining tokens (7) or should I do something else?

IDK, I want to save those tomestones for umbrite, but... eh. Never done beastmen quests or hunts or treasure maps, and Alex seems tedious to farm that hard

Just save the lore for umbrites.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The worst part about farming alex normal is the fact that you're not guaranteed an item drop. I'd just do A12N just for the weekly gear in case you can't progress into Alexander Savage fast enough.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I don't need the drops though, just the guaranteed precision drops to trade for unidentified stuffs. Or are you saying those aren't guaranteed? I thought they were.

It's a moot point anyway; I'm just going to use poetics on the unidentified stage and lore for umbrites, getting sand mostly from levequests and elemental materia (the GC seal to sand ratio on certain items is insane if you sell them and buy materia. moonstone is a TRAP)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Precision pieces are 100% beastmen dailies make it a joke as well. The half ass poetics they reward too does add up

Anyone have a FC on Balmung? Thinking about finally coming back to this after playing up Legion for the past few months. Been awhile since I played, left after the second portion of Alex was released and the start of the weapons. Have a max war/drk and a few other max characters (I grind like a Korean).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Ok I suck at figuring this shit out. I used to love fishing (before the bullshit that is scrips/folklore) but I see there is Ironworks gathering gear now that can be bought with gil instead of scrips and (appears to be) BiS. I want to catch all the fish and fill out my log (yes I realize I have to do some scrips for folklore books, I've resigned myself to that). What's the highest gathering/percep I'm gonna need to catch the hardest fish and which ironworks pieces should I buy and meld to reach that? Or should I just go for getting all of them for the overkill lol?

Currently I have some pretty good stuff that put me well over cap for 3.2 or so, 486/399 on FSH with all hq dragonskin/serpentskin/birch fishing rod/etc but I'm guessing I'm gonna need to upgrade at least a few things.

I see the fishing site I usually use has locked out people who use adblock >_>; http://na.ff14angler.com/?mobile=0

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm no fisher but you can get a start by:

0. Wait for 3.5 in case of new crafting gear/stuff
    1. buying 195 HQ pieces in all slots (left AND right); chances are you'll need it eventually when 3.5 fish come maybe
    2. If possible, for the left pieces, buy the ones with 5 materia slots, if you're swimming in money
    3. start fishing from the lower "end" (3.1-3.3)
    4. when help comes from other forum users here, start inserting materia in your gear
    5. use HQ gathering food, whatever the recipe of the month is

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

All red script gear has been moved to blue script.

You can upgrade the i180 blue script gear to i200 and buy i180 accessories with red scripture. You still gotta do folklore grind with blue scripture.

Ironworks is best. Do Lolicat book for best shot at tier V gathering/crafting materia.

3.5 trailer showed new glowy main hands.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Thanks. That's right, I do recall possible new arms for gatherer so I'll wait for patch to see what's up but I imagine I'm going to end up with ironworks unless there's new armor too.
    It looks like melded ironworks is better than the upgraded scrip stuff, unless I'm wrong?

That asshole cat only ever gives me bum journals so far, even with shuffles.

Yup, Ironworks is best. I personally doubt they will add any crafts/gathers that require the new arms (I'm guessing they're glamour gear).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I really hope they are new main hands. Crafting/Gathering need something beyond AH items.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Got talked into playing a bit again by 2 RL friends, though their schedule is wonky and I haven't seen them in two days, go figure. I haven't played for a year~ since 3.2 I believe, it was the second tier of Alexander. I hit up a few tome vendors to see what was new and I'm terribly behind, but without any real guidance as far as what to go for, I'm kinda lost.

Any specific new event or catch up mechanic I can take part in to get back up to par? I've got War at cap so I don't want to hop into group content only to be a terrible tank.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Cap your weekly tomes and buy Shire gear (the new i260 tome gear) as soon as possible. To upgrade Shire gear, get a penny, farthing and shilling each from Void Ark, Weeping City and Dun Scaith respectively, and you can spend them on an upgrade. Additionally, buy Legendary clan mark logs for 500 centurio seals. 6 of those will upgrade a left side piece and 4 will upgrade a right. Of course, all of this will still take you for-fucking-ever to cap out your gear because SE is fucking retarded and punishes people for playing their stupid game sooo

your alternate options for while you're waiting for weeklys to reset is eikonic gear bought with lore (i230 upgraded to i240), run weeping city a billion times for i230 gear, dungeons (up to i245) and that's pretty much it. Maybe you can run some old tiers of Alexander if people still do that.

If you can't tell, I'm tired of being gimp because of weekly caps.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Alternately, PvP modes are very busy right now, and if you tire of expert/roulettes, then slaying fellow nerds is a fun and steady way to collect tomes. Plus the highest gear you need is 150 since that is the level sync for all Lv60 modes.

If you want to cap fast, then roulettes are faster.

EDIT: Seal rock is pretty fun for large scale PvP.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So I resubbed recently. I'm looking to start gearing up some of my classes and while Drg is in fine shape, I have War, Sch, Smn and Bard to still gear up. What's the easiest way to get weapons outside of farming Zurvan?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Most definitely Palace of the Dead. You can have an i255 weapon in a matter of a day if you're lucky and run it a lot.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've give it a shot! My Drg is on it's way to getting a i260 weapon, but it'll be nice to get some i255's for everything else over the next couple days

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If I were you, do a frontlines roulette per day or spam it in general. With POTD you'll need to balance your weapon strength and floor level (i.e. spam to weapon level 90~, spend 30 to get base weapon, then spam 30 more levels and upgrade that the red 255 weapon, then redo floors 51-60 a few times until weapon level 50~ and continue grind)... while grinding out 1 weapon isn't too difficult, grinding a few can be incredibly tedious. Current PvP gear is cheap at ilvl235.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag