1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 days, 10 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 23 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

PotD 51-60 beats FATE farming at that point I think.

Anyway for leveling this is what I recommend. Get a pair of Padjali fists and then build up to +60/+60 so you can exchange for a set of Kinna Fists (ilv255). This will likely be the weapon you'll be using unless you either get lucky in Diadem, do the Anima questline, or A12 normal enough times for the scripture weapon.

For left side body pieces you'll want to do PvP first. It syncs to ilv150 and you can purchase GARO gear. Once you hit ilv230 you can join in Dun Scaith for your weekly left side piece and right side accessory.

You can run dungeons for i245 gear (And likely should to cap out Scripture) and then if your patience is willing, farm Alexander Creator until you have enough items to trade in for i250 pieces.

After all of that all that's left for gearing is Savage Alexander. A9S and A10S is easy enough though the hardest part will be either getting people who know the fight to learn to make it painless to learn or people who can perform the mechanics regularly enough.

POTD is the best. It takes about 3 for a level. I'd still do trial roulette but that's about it.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    What's the gear progression post 235? I am guessing dungeon drop > 24man raid > scripture > raid?? What is the fastest way to get scripture?
    Also I am leveling monk (53 right now) is there a faster way to level than roulette/dungeon like fates or potd?
    For lvling, potd seems like the fastest way, but i prefer dungeons to better your knowledge of the job, since potd has no positional requirements.

And yes, gear progression is pretty much that, you can literally cap scripture in 2-3 days by just doing all your roulettes alone, including frontline. In about a 3 weeks span i was able to go from 3.1 gear to getting my zurvan weapon, and getting some a9s drops, dun scaith and shire drops.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Check out Diadem to jump you from 220 up.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Alright I'm back, talk to me boys!

50 and fresh into heavensward, what should I look into first? Spamming story and side quests now.

Yup, just do the story and don't worry about anything else.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

When you get into a lull EXP-wise, you can either do Palace of the Dead(quest started in Quarrymill) and get some supplemental EXP, or, Moogle Side Quests, and join the "everyone hates Moogles" train.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

POTD starts in Gridania http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...e/deepdungeon/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Thank you gents!

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Returned after a few months, and I have no idea what i'm doing.

Decided to level a fresh 50, is there anything I should do besides finishing story missions?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

just do story for now; the extra quests between patch 2.0 - 2.5 should get you to 52/53