1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 12 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -3 hours, -39 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Think I'm gonna level a tank next. Can't decide which. I don't think I want to be a main tank so I'm worried about paladin, I enjoyed old warrior but I'm scared now, and I know nothing about drk other than it starts at a higher level which is nice.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If you don't think too hard about it, DRK is just like PLD.

1-2-3, and instead of using flash, you use unmend. You can get to level 70 easy just by pushing those 4 buttons. Anything else blame the healers

Oh, and while having Grit (tank stance) on, you need to have Darkside on too for maximum potential.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New BRD is a lot of fun, if you like being a support job that is. RDM is also up there for casters imo, lots of mobility and some support through cures and raise. Of the two I'd say RDM is easier to get into, BRD has quite a few things to keep track of.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    New BRD is a lot of fun, if you like being a support job that is. RDM is also up there for casters imo, lots of mobility and some support through cures and raise. Of the two I'd say RDM is easier to get into, BRD has quite a few things to keep track of.
    I just basically reset my account after not playing since 2.0. Bard seems cool (partly because omg big ass bow) but endgame I've seen people running them with 5 action bars and having to use a lot of it. Is that normal in ff14?!?!

What do you mean by 5 action bars? Plugins?

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    What do you mean by 5 action bars? Plugins?
    I think hotbars is the warcraft way to describe them, I don't know the FF term. Basically, the action bars that have 10 buttons each.

I saw a few bard configs with 3 bars on top of each other (30 buttons) and then two more to the left.

Edit: I guess my real question is, how many things do most classes actually have to keep track of in their rotation? I'm from WoW where there were maybe 10 things per class with other utility things that happen in certain situations. It seems to be a whole lot more in FF14, or am I just misread thigns?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The new expansion has lowered the number of skills and simplified the rotations quite a lot for most of the jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I just basically reset my account after not playing since 2.0. Bard seems cool (partly because omg big ass bow) but endgame I've seen people running them with 5 action bars and having to use a lot of it. Is that normal in ff14?!?!
    No. The ultra-hardcore players have a lot of additional stuff they're focusing on, but at 70 BRD only has 24 Class Actions and 5 Role Actions, with maybe 3-5 additional useful things you might want attached to a keybind. For the most part, you'd emphasis two DoTs, a self-buffing attack, a DoT-renewing attack, two long-cooldown attacks, a low-priority resource generator, and a resource consumer, while cycling three songs. There's some additional button pressing for cooldowns or support abilities, but that's the centre of the class.

Some classes are more complicated than others (lol RDM), but even the most complex are such because you need to measure different choices, rather than swimming in different buttons.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I read up on comparisons between Black Mage and Bard, and older posts generally say that Black Mages do more damage, but are harder to play because of cast time and mobility issues, whereas Bards are more mobile and provide some support, but do less overall damage and eventually run into mobility issues as well. Makes sense to me, but is it still true with the new expansion and content?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

BRD's mobility issues only existed in 3.x. They were not originally in 2.x and have been removed in 4.x.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yep. BRD has 0 mobility issues now and a lot more support. You're constantly buffing the party with the new mechanics they've implemented and there's also additional skills for extra effects when those are needed. It can get overwhelming at first but I'm sure it's better when you level from scratch.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

During susanooo ex, when is the thundercloud line placed? is it before the knockback for the channel part or at the same time? I've only tanked it so I cant really tell when people place it, but are you supposed to move with the marker where you want the thunderthing baited or its placed after you get knocked back?

I'm just assuming this is the random question thread now

I'm not completely sure but I think it might be latency based... like east coast people would have the purple line show up at where they were before the knockback, but people in cali would get the line where they were after the knockback.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I'm not completely sure but I think it might be latency based... like east coast people would have the purple line show up at where they were before the knockback, but people in cali would get the line where they were after the knockback.
    I've seen what appeared to be both too so I wasn't sure >:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So I wasn't crazy. Maybe there's two types or something?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Seems like I recall the first one the cloud would target me after the knockback but when getting it later after sword phase it would target before the knockback, but could definitely be latency causing the difference.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Question:

When I played in 2.0, having a 50 meant all jobs below 50 got some bonus xp till 50.

How does this work now (alt bonuses), what are the percentages, and does it carry over into things like potd?

Armory bonus for 4.0 you get 100% exp increase for <lv60 content (used to be 50% in 2.0)

for lv60+ content, you get 50% exp increase instead of 100%.

It works for POTD when you complete the run (you don't get exp every mob anyway)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Are stat weights out yet? I wanna start melding VIs into my AST shit now that creation is out but I don't know how much of what I need. Have people just been guessing basically? I've been using Det and Crit as my lazy V melds.

Not seen any published ones, though folk have figured out the basic effects. At current gear levels, most healers are going to favor Determination heavily; this'll probably switch over to Crit somewhere once 2.5k+ crit values are readily available.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag