1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

If i do comeback and play from scratch, is it possible to actually accomplish stuff in this game if you play 1-4h max per day?

Less if you play other games too?

Thanks

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    If i do comeback and play from scratch, is it possible to actually accomplish stuff in this game if you play 1-4h max per day?

Less if you play other games too?

Thanks
    You can basically keep up playing an hour or two 3 times a week. Possibly less. That's just capping tomes and not doing savage. But I don't think even adding in savage and EX primals wouldn't be impossible if you added another hour or day. What server are you returning to?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    You can basically keep up playing an hour or two 3 times a week. Possibly less. That's just capping tomes and not doing savage. But I don't think even adding in savage and EX primals wouldn't be impossible if you added another hour or day. What server are you returning to?

I'm on gilgamesh, but i'm talking how long would it take with 1-3h per day to catch up to content?

I'm currently lv 12 CNJ lol

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm on gilgamesh, but i'm talking how long would it take with 1-3h per day to catch up to content?

I'm currently lv 12 CNJ lol
    Oh my. OK getting caught up from 12 and staying caught up at 60 are different.

I'm actually leveling an alt character and leveling to 50 and clearing the 2.0 storyline was pretty fast and easy. There is a bit of a slog from there to Heavensward. Still easily done in like 2 hour chunks tho. The game can be consumed in bite sized pieces.

I don't know for sure, a month at 2 hours a day perhaps? But if you are enjoying the ride it doesn't really matter how long it takes. But it can be done an hour at a time.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Whyyyyyyyyyy did I not do PotD earlier? This is the best thing ever. So much fun and the rewards are fantastic. Halfway to Padjali already on 30/20 floors, which took maybe two hours?

Fantastic. And I'm getting tomes like never before. I love roguelikes and I love FFXIV, why did I not realize I would enjoy this too?

@ Rata: My new player icon disappeared about halfway through Heavensward. That's forty hours in. I also took some time to do side quests, farm ponies, w/e

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It's much much faster now and I feel so robbed and fucked over on the time I spent on the original PotD lol

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Try not to post too much of my own crap but I think palace of the Dead is one of the better designed pieces of content https://eldelphia.wordpress.com/2016...e-thing-to-do/

BG Level

So i'm playing on PS4 and I have cycle through filters (exemple R1+ circle = ennemies etc)

But the issue i'm having atm is that when we engage mobs it auto switch to Others, and some other times it does switch filter even if i don't touch my controller, how do i fix that?

2) Where's the option to deactivate the Recommanded menu?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

did you really get ketchup chips bant

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    did you really get ketchup chips bant
    no?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

why would you start over then

BG Level

Dunno wanted to feel fresh and didn't wanna pay lolcanadian$ for transfer

So i'm playing on PS4 and I have cycle through filters (exemple R1+ circle = ennemies etc)

But the issue i'm having atm is that when we engage mobs it auto switch to Others, and some other times it does switch filter even if i don't touch my controller, how do i fix that?

2) Where's the option to deactivate the Recommanded menu?
    1. I'm not sure why you would want to change filters but it's Character Config > Filters

2. Character Config > UI Settings

BG Level

Thanks

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Try not to post too much of my own crap but I think palace of the Dead is one of the better designed pieces of content https://eldelphia.wordpress.com/2016...e-thing-to-do/
    firewall at work disallows that page but I'll read it when I get home. I agree; it's really well-done and adds a whole different experience to the game (most notably, an experience that is enjoyable).

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Did they do a major rehaul? I thought it was pretty meh when it first came out.

BG Level

if i'm leveling CNJ only gain Stoneskin, then starting Arcanist (for SCH) is it worth it to start POTD now or should i wait tll i'm a SCH?

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You can level all those in POTD and gain the aetherpool weapons and armor ratings that's independent of current class/job.

BG Level

Isisn't the level different?

If i enter as CNJ 25, even if i do CNJ1-30 inside i'll still be CNJ25 inside no?

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Nope.

If you enter as CNJ 25, then do floors 1-30, when you come back out you'll be CNJ 27-28ish (maybe higher, I do tomestones not XP so not sure). Your level inside is independent of your level outside, but you still gain shittons of XP outside for every 10 floors you clear inside.

Basically you get a fuckload of XP in the real game for every 10 floors you clear in PotD. Hence why it's such a great tool for leveling.

Basically I would say work on your main quests for XP, and when you get stuck or bored do PotD instead. Duty roulettes still have their place mind you; you get both XP and tomestones for roulettes so it's up to you if those are worth it as well. I would say at the very least do trials roulette every day because the amount of time vs the amount of tomestones and XP you get is nuts.

Alternatively, bum rush PotD and level up like mad and then do quests later, but keep in mind MSQ gives a fuckload of XP as well so you don't want to waste that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag