1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
    Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I wanted to start getting into crafting (not for the money but for the Moogle/Namazu beast tribe items >_>). What's the easiest/most efficient way to level? What would be the easiest craft too? And do I need to invest in other crafts for certain abilities to make things easier?

Please halp.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I wanted to start getting into crafting (not for the money but for the Moogle/Namazu beast tribe items >_>). What's the easiest/most efficient way to level? What would be the easiest craft too? And do I need to invest in other crafts for certain abilities to make things easier?

Please halp.
    If you have retainers send them out to collect shards. You can get 60 every 40 minutes per Mining or Botanist retainer and you'll need this.

First I'd focus getting all your crafts to 15. Buy the Company-issue Engineering Manual II from your GC (Might want to buy up to 4?). Buy appropriate gear for 1-15 and MH/OH and get to grinding at your free company material vendor. (They'll have all the mats you need).

Focus on making everything you can for the first time for bonus exp. Otherwise stick to pumping as much quality as you can (exp bonus!) with basic touch prior to finishing making the item. LTW and WVR have level1 pieces that you can make that'll improve your crafting stats.

Also I would recommend doing WVR first to 15 so you get careful synthesis so you never have to worry about blowing up a craft.

In any case your first rotation is going to look like this (Remove Basic Touches if you don't have enough CP)

Inner Quiet (Stacks improve how much quality increases very good) > Steady Hand (+20% success rate) > Basic Touch (+Quality) > Basic Touch > Basic Touch > Master's Mend (Restores 30 durability very good) > Basic Touch > Careful Synthesis (Progress) (Until finished). If you have hasty touch replace basic touch with it.

After that you should be able to do the Ixali quests without much issue. Beyond that I would grab a Grand Company Survival Manual II, grind out to level20, and then start dumping levequests until you get absolutely bored from doing it. NQ gear should be enough to get you through those levequests and the only thing that matters is +gathering if you want to dump some grade1-3 materia into gear.

Cheapest to get to 70 is CUL however you should get CRP and GSM to 50 asap for x-class skills. CUL to 37 will also be a huge benefit. WVR 50 and ALC 50 are also extremely nice.

With Innovation (GSM 50), Byregot's Blessing (CRP 50), Steady Hand II (CUL 37), Rapid Synthesis (ARM 15), Tricks of the Trade (ALC 15), Comfort Zone (ALC 50), and Hasty Touch (CUL 15) you should be able to get CUL to 60 ezpz by making Knights Bread (Level52 synth) that costs yak milk plus whatever this NPC sells in Old Gridania to get to level60.

After ALL OF THAT buy some vendor i170 gear. Unlock Zhloe's collectables and start doing her shit for ez red script so you can buy i180 gear in Idyllshire and not have to worry about Namazu crafting much.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Or alternatively pay someone to make you a leveling kit to 70 for a couple million gil. And ping me on discord (Satori#0240) for questions.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's a very thorough guide, thank you very much! Does wearing EXP boosting gear (like the earrings or WoL helm or etc) help as well for the early levels? Or does that only affect fighting jobs?

Also, getting 1 class to 50, with 99 leves and about 10mil gil of my own, how long can I expect that to take if I crafted relatively seriously? (not paying for a leveling kit)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nope, I think all bonus exp items are for DoW/DoM only

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Nope, I think all bonus exp items are for DoW/DoM only
    Actually no. The hair and ala mhigan earring for for DoH/L. Though its only additive and doesn't multiple like the preferred world bonus.

The Level30 Ring and the new Aetheryte Earring cannot be equipped by DoH/L so they don't work.

That's a very thorough guide, thank you very much! Does wearing EXP boosting gear (like the earrings or WoL helm or etc) help as well for the early levels? Or does that only affect fighting jobs?

Also, getting 1 class to 50, with 99 leves and about 10mil gil of my own, how long can I expect that to take if I crafted relatively seriously? (not paying for a leveling kit)
    Not long? I would use leves on getting your gathering jobs to 50 just so you have materials to work with. Ixali will make leveling your crafters easier. Though I would recommend focusing on dumping all the exp towards one before moving onto another.

Straight up grinding for EXP is also possible and honestly will help you recover lost profits. Just do a little research on what kind of farming is easy/possible. ARR and SB is really friendly on this. HW is... not so much.

HW crafting sucks so I'd probably use leves to skip 50-60 lol.

Also I forgot to mention but if you have access to a garden you can grow shards on it.

Edit: Your goal should be getting 1 class to 70 ASAP just so you can take advantage of the weekly collectable turn ins. Its free money that'll easily make up for whatever you dump into it. Also getting God/dess of the Hand will let you self repair in Shadowbringers which will be the best benefit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah my bad then.
    Also, the new earring is pretty sweet, not only it's a 30% bonus all the way to 70 but it also gives you a pretty decent amount of main and off stat. I wasn't even thinking about preordering Shadowbringers too early until I saw what it actually does and bought it immediately lol, since I want to get all jobs to 70 before expansion and I'm only left with 2 tanks and 2 dps to be done

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Okay, so TL;DR, get everything up to 15 first and then aim to get one to 70 first and foremost basically?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Athelisia Lumi
    FFXIV Server
    Shiva

In case anyone else is returning ...

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    1) Can I get a quick summary of what is still relevant since I left?
    -I left back when the first update happened when CT was introduced and a few other things. So I'm wondering if any dungeons/etc. have been depreciated then and worth skipping altogether or not.
    You left quite a substantial time ago and the game has dramatically changed since then.

• Two expansion packs Heavensward and Stormblood with another on the way (Shadowbringers)
    • A ton of new jobs including tanks, healers and DPS
    • Lots of new content and story
    • A bunch of raids (24 man like CT), normal, savage (like t5), and ultimate.
    • EU servers were moved to Europe, so the ping is much nicer.
    • Housing and customisation has been extensively grown and filled out
    • The combat system have an overhaul in Stormblood and will have another one in the upcoming Shadowbringers to remove TP from the 3 resources (Health and Mana remain).
    • PvP has had a ton of changes and improvements but it's still similar to old PvP
    • There is way more group content in and outside of battle content
    • Gathering and Crafting has been expanded more and is quite indepth now
    • There are excellent alternatives for levelling (aka Fate grinding is no longer a thing)
    • The Dev team experiment with different ideas such as Diadem, Deep Dungeon and Eureka. All have positives and negatives.
    • Tons of QoL updates and character customisation options

2) Reuse my character or start over?
    -One of the biggest things I've been debating with myself over is if I should just start over or continue on with my character on Hyperion. While there are some benefits to both solutions I guess it's a question of how easy it would be to pick up and relearn my classes after a nearly year-long hiatus without being a determent. This leads me to my next question.
    It really depends on you tbh. How invested are you with your character? If you've only got something to level 30.. then I'd just make a new character and take the hit. 50? Maybe think about hitting a dummy in Middle La Noscea for a bit and re-read your tooltips. You'll pick it up quickly.

3) What are some good sites for resources?
    -I know BG has a lot of good information and jobs haven't changed dramatically since I left, but I'm talking more about up to date sites that are dedicated to dungeon/class/etc. guides/information instead of having to wade through threads/posts to find what I need.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...resource_list/ there's a resource list.

4) What is the state of the economy?
    -Might have been a misunderstanding, but I heard someone say SE really botched the economy in an update and crafting became insanely expensive to level. Any truth in this?
    No. Unless you don't plan on gathering at all, crafting can get expensive to level but that's because the crafters are so massively rich that buying mats on mass doesn't affect them. So while the average player might tut at spending more than 300 gil per a low-level mat, your rich AF player might not even blink. Currently top crafters horde around 500,000,000 gil to 700,000,000 plus with the best at gil cap on retainers and their character and needing additional retainers to handle the cash. Most normal people who don't overspend will probably have around 10 to 50 million on hand and your average player who doesn't really think about gil is probably on 300,000 to 1million.

5) Any benefits to joining a guild?
    -Back when I played I noticed guilds were pretty much trivial due to a mix of how little content there was and how the coils mechanics forced inner groups within guilds, which made me wonder if there was any point of joining a guild or just having a static since it seems like 8 was the magic number to go by in FFXIV for endgame. Has that changed any since then?
    XP Bonus, People to chat to, a house maybe where it's a quick TP to a summoning bell, market board and more. Most people put useful resources near the entrance of the house to make it more inviting to go to. I know lots of people craft in housing areas over cities.

6) How bad is the community?
    -I know every MMO community has its fair share of assholes, but I'm wondering if it's as bad as the OF makes it sound with some of the stuff I read about people booting others for watching cutscenes their first time in a dungeon and whatnot.
    FFXIV is actually one of the more "nicer" communities as a whole but it's also ... too nice at points. You'll find a lot of people who are playing like total shit can't handle criticism no matter how gently you present it to them.

There's also a lot of weebs. Depending on your feeling of weebs, FFXIV might get overbearing for you with the amount of catgirls saying "Nya". I tend to just blist this cringe shit myself and have managed to find many "normal" people to play with.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Okay, so TL;DR, get everything up to 15 first and then aim to get one to 70 first and foremost basically?
    This is the guide I used when I was getting into endgame crafting and needed to review the basics. It is far and away the best guide and explains everything important you will need to know for crafting. It looks kind of long, but you can skip all of the gathering parts if you don't need it, and a lot of it is skippable basic beginner info too like explaining how the marketboard works - the meat of it isn't very long, but explains very succinctly all of the abilities you will or won't be using and explains the best ways to level along the way.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wish I knew about that site years ago.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For the weekly fashion report, I know 80 points gets you all the MGP rewards. What does getting a score of 100 do?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For the weekly fashion report, I know 80 points gets you all the MGP rewards. What does getting a score of 100 do?
    90 and 100 give achievements. 100 Gets you a title.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ahh I see I see! I got 94 last night for my first ever attempt. My server didn’t have any Anemos jackets for sale so I couldn’t get 100 =\

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Did they change the glamour system? All the equipment that I had as glamour at the time is gone, what the hell? only the items I used as glamour are gone.

EDIT: Found it, apparently they put it in something called Glamour Dresser.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm assuming you're talking about stuff in your armoury chest. Its still there if you want to set your glamours up old school style.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

i activated my free login last night not knowing about the server maintenance. i wanted to make a new char on a world with road to 60, but they are all locked atm. will this change after the maint ends?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm hearing so but I'd keep an eye on what the lodestone says. Servers should still be up now.

If you make it now though you'll retain road to 60 until 90 days after character creation.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Retainer question. I currently have my 2 retainers as DoW jobs but if I switch them to gathering jobs, do those cap at whatever level my gathering jobs are at too? I’ve been wanting to make the switch forever and have been mega lazy about it.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Retainer question. I currently have my 2 retainers as DoW jobs but if I switch them to gathering jobs, do those cap at whatever level my gathering jobs are at too? I’ve been wanting to make the switch forever and have been mega lazy about it.
    Yup same logic.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag