1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -7 hours, -21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
    Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Also—I could be mistaken here—but I believe the FATES in Stormblood areas are only for RDM, SAM, DNC, and GNB jobs which you can’t access on the free trial anyway.
    Don't need the jobs unlocked to get their weapons, just need the minions.

And yeah, you got a couple months here Ralph, no need to rush super fast. I also find for the most part the tomestone gear you get at 50 should be sufficient enough until you get to 60 and get that tomestone gear, which in turn is sufficient until 70 and then the same until 80.

If you get the augmented stuff (which I think is all you can get now with the change they made in 5.3, no?), it doesn't get outclassed by dungeon gear until the level 55/65/75 dungeons. And even then, the ilvl increase is only a couple levels each dungeon after that. Just get the tomestone gear and upgrade where you can from dungeon drops. You get guaranteed drops from dungeons now so you'll definitely get a couple pieces from the level x5, x7 and x9 dungeons

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Since I'm at the point where I need to clear out my armory what are the best ways to get glamour prisms? I got a round 100 clear prisms I know I can craft and exchange but wondering if there are any other ways. Also on that note is there any way to view armor to see what you like or do you actually have to obtain it first?

Anyway 2 other questons?

1. How is Eureka? Wanted to upgrade my 70 NIN armor so I can dye/glamour it.
    2. What do I do with venture promissory notes? I know I can exchange them for ventures but where?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You can right click on a piece of armor and click on "try on" to see what it'd look like on your character. Can do that with gear in your inventory, gear you see on other players when you examine them and gear you can find on the MB or from NPC's, so if it's not in one of those 4 options (like dungeon drops for example), can't compare it on yourself. But if you're just keen on seeing what gear looks like, you can google certain sets or use a model viewer or something like that... which I guess you could use to see what gear would look like on your actual character too. But it's not something I've dabbled in myself so I can't give you details on it

As for getting glamour prisms, I just buy them off the MB lol. You can craft them at level 15 on most crafts (if you have the mats) or you can also trade in grand company seals too. Clear prisms can only be used to craft glamour prisms https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Glamour_Prism

I started doing Eureka for the first time too. Compared to when it was first released, it's a hell of a lot easier. But still a bit of a grind to get to the very end for Hydratos or whatever the last zone is. Albeit, I think for just gear you can upgrade everything in Anemos (the first zone) to a dyeable stage relatively easily and quickly. Getting the final form of the weapon takes some time and effort still. Here's a handy guide I've been using http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...o_eureka_in_52

As for your venture promissory notes, I ~think~ you trade those in at Calamity Salvager NPC's for ventures. They're an old currency that don't get used anymore

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Also, if you're clearing out your armoury, see what you can store in the Armoire first before you put it in the glamour dresser or somewhere else. Anything that can be stored in the Armoire can be used in the glamour dresser without a glamour prism, not to mention it doesn't take up any inventory or anything either, so it's pretty convenient, but what can actually be stored is somewhat limited to the first AF gear and event and promotional items

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I buy glamour prisms with GC seals because I’m always near cap from turning in gear.

Eureka should really only be done if you want story completion or cosmetic items because there’s better gear out there obtained much easier.

Starting out in a new Eureka zone is always the worst, so try to focus on using your hunt log rewards for when you plan to move up. Combination of reasons being teleports are level locked and you'll be grossly inadequate for higher end FATEs if there happens to be a group chasing them. 2nd zone is probably the worst in terms of map design between sleeping dragon placements and specific drop points to reach various areas. Definitely wish they'd loosen the level range on zone bosses dropping their specific mats, too, because they're just not popped enough in my experience and too often you've got a bunch of people 2-3 levels from cap still helping.

But yeah, you don't have to dive in too deep if you're just after dye capability. I wouldn't say the zone-specific armor is useless to chase, but more if you like tanking in the zones, which is probably the only real set to go after these days. Appearance for glams will otherwise be subjective.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

^^^ Challenge log but yeah, just doing that nabs you a ton of EXP with relative ease. Here's a handy map to show you where each mob is roughly located, their element and their level

If you're just looking to upgrade your gear for the sake of glamour, just do the challenge log once, get all the EXP to be high enough to use the aetherytes, and then just shout for and join the NM trains. Grind out what you need and you're done. Will probably take an evening or two depending on how much time you have

BG Level

Finished Seat of Sacrifice last night and I can see why people like Shadowbringers. Nice to have an expansion that's not a "Garleans need to be stopped" plot.

Anyway 1 more glamour question. Once I register an item is there any way on an item tooltip to know if I already have the glamour unlocked?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Nope. The glamour system in this game is terrible lol

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Albeit it was worse before and they only just made it less bad

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Glamour dresser makes it not as bad, before then it was really annoying. Oh and having universal glamour prisms now. It used to be like, smithing glam for armor, weaving glam for robes, it was terrible.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Once I register an item is there any way on an item tooltip to know if I already have the glamour unlocked?
    The Search for Item on the right-click menu will say if that item is in your glamor dresser if that's what you're asking.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    The Search for Item on the right-click menu will say if that item is in your glamor dresser if that's what you're asking.
    Does it? Well, today I learned

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    That's a great help. Thanks.

BG Level

Are there any guides for tanking dungeons? And by tanking I mean speed running so people don't lose their shit

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

WALL
    TO
    WALL

and if you die it's the healer's fault

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Tank stance, time out your defensive cooldowns, dodge AoE markers. If you are doing that and still die, yes it is healers fault.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

There were a couple videos on tanking that appeared in my recommendations a little while back, seemed ok, though it's not something I've ever done myself so idk

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I thought those were joke vids but they turned out to be pretty informative lol

I mean, if I was to make a video I'd really sum it up in a minute as:
    WALL
    TO
    WALL

and if you die it's the healer's fault
    But, the above will apply to all level capped 50/60/70/80 dungeons most of the time, if you go wall to wall on levelling dungeons you'll generally find it quite difficult for everyone involved, from tanks not handling hate well to healers not used to healing large to DPS not knowing how to AOE, whichever one fails will generally mean the group can wipe.

Although, the amount of Aurum Vale salt still out there is laughable. The first room is easy if you just pull 1 at a time and spend a tiny bit more time killing safely from the corridor or corner.

BG Level

This is for the recent patch but I got resistance rank 5 and thought I saw a message about a new resistance weapon quest being available but I'm not seeing anything.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag