1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    Is there a way to sell your house/plot or am I out 17m? I just found out that personal housing doesn't transfer with you if you change servers.
    Not atm, your best bet would be to sell your FC along with the house, and even then its a very slim chance you'll find a buyer. Good luck
    '

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

But it's a personal house, not an FC one

Well fuck, guess I'm staying on Ultros.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

If you're lucky, you might find someone willing to pay you (probably not close to full value) to relinquish if you have a nice lot or all the housing is booked.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I just got the ability to change Grand Companies. When I change, do I lose all of my seals permanently or only until I change back?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Until you change back.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Okay since I"m nearing completion on my MIN I was thinking of getting into crafting since I shouldn't have much of an issue since I'll BTN/MIN to 50 by then to help me get materials, however I noticed people have been talking about Desynthisis and I don't know much about it and haven't seen a lot of information. Can anyone give me a rundown on it?

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Desynthesis is where you destroy armour and weapons instead of converting them. If successful, you gain skill in it and some materials back from the item you desynthed. It's associated with a particular DoH class.
    Desynth caps at 100 and you can't cap all crafts. Think the max is 3. At high levels depending on the class you can obtain rare materials and items this way.

This is helpful
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...hesis_a_guide/

As is this
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-Endgame-Guide

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I quit a few months before the Nexus weapon patch, and went back to FFXI, think about returning, but kinda wondering if it's worth it, how's the server populations? Is there enough content to keep me busy now? How's the player base attitude?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

There's a new class/job to level, other than that, the answer to all your questions are "roughly the same as when you left". You'll have a glut of "new" stuff to complete if you return, but because of how quickly things are made irrelevant, once you've done everything once, you're basically down to the same activities as before.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Can one search for an item besides clicking and choosing the choice for it?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

If you don't mind I'd like to jack your thread for a second. I can't post my own yet and it's about returning. How well does this game play on imac pro it's a 2013 model I don't know the exact specs I do know it can play wow fine on max settings. But how well would it run on wineskin? I saw in the post on how to use wineskin alot of people having troubles with installation.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Chance
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Possibly returning - Questions

With bootcamp, it runs well on mid+ settings on an iMac 2011 (full resolution on 27". Could probably be at max with lower res. but prefer this way).

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Which quests for Primal EX are repeated?

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by cute View Post
    Which quests for Primal EX are repeated?
    ? The initial quest asking you to complete Garuda/Titan/Ifrit Ex is a weekly quest where you can pick up an i90 weapon. Is that what you mean?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Okay for my last 2 questions:

1. What's the general progression route for DoLs @ 50? Meld AF then work towards foragers gear?

2. For someone who hasn't tanked in a long assed time, what would you guys suggest as a starting point to get used to tanking again without pissing people off because I'm not "GOTTA GO FAST"ing through a dungeon

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

1) Armor-wise, if you have money, you can skip the middle step and just buy the foragers stuff, but the difference is minimal (i55 vs i60). Also worth mentioning that the foragers isn't even needed to reach anything for DoL. The main draw is the saved armory chest space. Otherwise, the answer to your question is yes, I guess.

2) No dungeons anymore, really. Because the latest step of relic has everyone running all uncapped dungeons (and aurum vale and dzamael), you're like as not to run into people that want to speedrun anything you queue for.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Is macroing off-GCD abilities (e.g Mercy Stroke) ok or is there a DPS penalty? I've never actually raided as DPS job in this game (mostly WHM/SCH before I came back) so I'm not entirely sure.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Anything on a macro wont let you put it on queue while attacking, and judging from your question, you seem to know that. If you're asking if it's ok to bunch together some/all of your off-GCD abilities in one macro... Well, it's an option, if you choose the correct order for them to appear, but you'll definitely lose some flexibility.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

If you're macroing something like Mercy Stroke in to your actual weapon skills that's a big no no since it'll mean losing the ability to queue all of those weapon skills, if you just mean macroing Mercy Stroke itself for whatever reason that is mostly fine, since you typically won't be queueing off GCD abilities anyway unless you're trying to squeeze in 2 between a GCD, but there's very little practical use I can think of for doing so unless you just want to use it on mouseover target or something.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Alrighty, thanks guys.

+ Reply to Thread