1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 7 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by gattsuru View Post
    Not seen any published ones, though folk have figured out the basic effects. At current gear levels, most healers are going to favor Determination heavily; this'll probably switch over to Crit somewhere once 2.5k+ crit values are readily available.
    Thanks. Math makes my head hurt but at least there's that much figured out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unless there's a reason you want CRIT you'll want to stick with Det until crit can get above 2600 or so.

DH is better for DPS than Det. Sks/Sps as you want.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Anyone on Diabolos? Screwing around on an alt there replaying story. Seems pretty dead except for the random people who send me fc invites without ever saying a word to me...why would anyone do that? It defeats the purpose of an fc recruiting noobs if they're not going to engage the person in conversation, and also doesn't seem wise not to at least vet your new recruits a bit to make sure they're not drooling troglodytes.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I mean if they're just trying to build FC resources, they don't need you to socialize

So I just returned to the game to try Stormblood and found out that now lv.60 job quests award you with AF2 pieces (the entire set at once).

I also learned that the change isn't retroactive (I had already completed the PLD lv.60 job quest a loooong time ago), and that you have the option to buy those AF2 pieces with Centurio Seals.
    But is that the only way? I tried the Calamity Salvager NPC as well, but he wasn't helpful at all.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think the Salvager npc only has them after you obtain them once

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The Calamity Salvager NPC doesn't carry them, so yes, buying with Centurio Seals is the only way to get them. With that said, it's not terribly expensive, and you can easily get the amount of required Centurio Seals after only a few days of doing some daily solo hunts. You can get 150 seals a day just doing the lv3 Heavensward and Stormblood daily hunts, which lets you buy an entire set of gear in 3 days (5 days if you want the upgrade items to dye it), and even faster if you toss some of the B-rank solo weekly hunts in.

"Why aren't these buyable via the Calamity Salvager NPC?"

For the same reason that the i90 set isn't. Because you can trade them in for GC seals, and use them in desynthesis.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The calamity salvager doesn't have them because they weren't tied to achievements. The i90 and i200/i210 gear sets were weekly tome gear at one point.

The i50/55 and i290 are actually given during the questline from the get go.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So yeah, one of these posts but; still worth it to get started with the game in 2018? Just looking to play through the story content - at least to start, possible to solo your way through? Better to start on a high population server? Possible to make progress in just a few hours a week? (Last one I'm thinking not since the game seems to have some free to play-esque mechanics where you need to clear daily objectives?)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

As in starting from scratch? Yes. You can gear up while leveling up via storyline missions (MSQ). Everything 60 and below pretty much rewards you with appropriate ilvl gear as you progress so you don't feel stranded. Since just about everything is done via duty finder, your current server population has no factor in your play if you intend to be casual. The only thing would be finding people to socialize with and maybe help you progress even faster.

If you aren't aiming for endgame, a few hours a week is enough to reach the current point in the story eventually.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If your time is really limited then if you possibly can, play healer or tank class as the queue times on duty finder can still be a pita for a dps class. Or play SMN and swap to SCH when you need to queue.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    So yeah, one of these posts but; still worth it to get started with the game in 2018? Just looking to play through the story content - at least to start, possible to solo your way through? Better to start on a high population server? Possible to make progress in just a few hours a week? (Last one I'm thinking not since the game seems to have some free to play-esque mechanics where you need to clear daily objectives?)
    Absolutely. You could start with the free trial which lets you get to level 35 and a certain part of the story decently far along, then sub after you reach it for however long it takes you to finish the story. You can solo your way through no problem, although it often happens that large free companies (guilds) try to recruit newbies and it's not always a bad idea to join to get their fc buffs that help you with leveling. It doesn't matter which server you start on because everything is cross-world now (you can play with anyone on your data center through party finder and duty finder) but your leveling will go faster if you start on a low-pop server that has the "road to 60" buff, just check around for which server(s) that is now.

Weekly caps and currencies don't matter until you hit lv70 and endgame. There is something called a "challenge log" you can unlock that will get you a lot of extra xp for completing certain objectives per week that greatly benefits low-level players. Also, if you only have time to do one extra thing a day in-game, daily leveling roulette gives you a crapload of extra xp.

Honestly, with road to 60 buff, fc xp buffs, a dungeon a day in roulette and the xp the main story quests pile on you, you will be crazy over-levelled while progressing even if you do nothing but the story.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And if you want to get into end game raiding crafted i350 will do the job.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

IDK if this is the right place but BG XIV is dead so... maybe I'll get an answer, maybe not.

Trying to learn manual SCH. From what I understand it's... basically just set them on Obey/Steady and use the abilities as appropriate instead of Eos/Selene throwing them out there on cooldown. Is that it? I feel like this should be more complicated. I admit, Whispering Dawn + Rouse does wonders during certain parts of Byakko EX, but I thought learning manual SCH would be way more complicated than this...

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just learning the art of Place-into-queue'd-WhisperingDawn to try and force her to use the shit instead of her hitting Embrace on her own volition three times beforehand.

That and Aetherpact not going off (which has a 6s CD) are the bane of every SCH's existence.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

yeah, Eos is a stubborn little bitch I'm noticing. I'm usually ok(ish) with Rouse + WD, but god forbid I want to chain Fey Illumination with Whispering Dawn. I've given up on that pipe dream...

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Here's a couple of SCH macros I find useful:

Code:
    Illumination/Dawn
    /micon "Fey Illumination" pet
    /echo Fey Illumination+Whispering Dawn
    /pac "Fey Illumination" <p>
    /pac "Whispering Dawn" <p> <wait.1>
    /echo Check Whispering Dawn status... <se.10>

Embrace Tank
    /micon "Embrace" pet
    /pac "Embrace" <2> <wait.2>
    /pac "Embrace" <2>
    /echo Embrace tank <2> complete! <se.9>

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Here's a couple of SCH macros I find useful:

Code:
    Illumination/Dawn
    /micon "Fey Illumination" pet
    /echo Fey Illumination+Whispering Dawn
    /echo Check Whispering Dawn status... <se.10>

Embrace Tank
    /micon "Embrace" pet
    /pac "Embrace" <2>
    /echo Embrace tank <2> complete! <se.9>
    ahhhhhh those are amazing. thank you!

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So has HW offered anything new to core gameplay for endgame? Or is it the same grind of doing Expert Roulette until you cap tomestones?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Stormblood you mean? Anyway, nope, the core remains mainly unchanged. We'll see what Eureka brings to the table, but I'm not expecting anything amazing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag