1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -5 hours, -56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

And the ALC/CUL Crystarium role quests are hilarious.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Yeah. I'd seriously do ALC next though because the syrup when you get the bonus absolutely fucking kills it. (Its like 270 yellow script per turn in absolutely insane)
    Do people syrup exchange for money? I always assumed the exchange rate was pretty solid, but figured the market was too saturated to bother

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Really not much point outside of getting materia for your own melds, there's better ways to make $$ (as I'm sure you're aware)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah still able to pull 10m every 1.5/2 weeks out of my retainers’ and garden’s asses

Ain’t tryna craft more than absolutely necessary

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

One time I got a Nidhogg scale from a retainer quick venture, that was a nice pay day.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Palace of the Dead is still a gold mine too, if you run it with a static or whatever you can make millions super easy. Every time I run through there it rains gil.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Am I remembering this right, were they going to add some kind of B-rank hunt radar/guide thing? Or did they already add one? I feel like I remember seeing it somewhere in a live letter or something

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think it's already been implemented. When you have hunt bill in possession and the target is in the same zone/instance, you'll get a message that says "You sense your target to the north" or whatever direction they might be in.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ohhh, I'll have to check for that the next time I do a hunt

Edit: Just tried this with a B-rank and did not get any sort of notification ._.;

Edit2: Okay, so it did prompt but only when I got close to where the hunt mark was located. So kind of helpful I guess

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

B ranks only load in within about compass range which is when you'll start getting notifications. S ranks are zonewide cause they draw no matter where you are in the zone

So all my crafters and most gatherers were early ARR 50. There any concise guides on what to best target for gathering for leves between 50-80 to minimize spending?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    So all my crafters and most gatherers were early ARR 50. There any concise guides on what to best target for gathering for leves between 50-80 to minimize spending?
    There are moogle crafting beasttribe quests that will get you some exp from 50-60. After that you unlock Namazu. I would feed CUL to 52 and then do Ishgardian Muffins to 60 and then do Namazu on CUL and than feed Moogles to another job (I'd recommend ALC because at level80 they're the best job for scripts)

Then you have custom deliveries you can do weekly for an insane amount of exp.

Think the only beast tribe stuff I've done is stormblood combat stuff. Am I looking at HW tribes or what?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Think the only beast tribe stuff I've done is stormblood combat stuff. Am I looking at HW tribes or what?
    Yes. You'll be looking for these - https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/w...e_Daily_Quests

This is the stormblood one - https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/w...u_Daily_Quests

And custom deliveries - https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/w...tom_Deliveries

For Custom Deliveries they all give the same exp but the level range goes from Zhloe (58-60), Mnaago (60-62), Kurenai (63-66), and then Adkiragh (67-70) but they all give the same rewards. Their bonus windows do change when you cap them out so I recommend doing all of them once you get one capped out.

Should I get the i70 gear in Toll or would being in the 50s be sufficient early on?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Should I get the i70 gear in Toll or would being in the 50s be sufficient early on?
    Got spare seals? Can buy left side i70 gear with seals.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah get the i70 gear and then just make the cheaper right side CP accessories and you should be good to craft. If you haven't done the crafting quests 1-50 for some reason I highly recommend you do them just to cross the 50-51 gap because its a fucking nightmare to craft HW recipes at lv50. Otherwise just do the moogle quests to cross the 50-51 gap (Unless you really want to grind it out).

Though for now your rotation is largely gonna be hasty touch for quality (With a byregot's finisher), rapid synthesis for progress unless your quality is maxed out then I highly recommend Name of the Elements -> Brand of the Elements for progress. Careful Synthesis 2 to close out any not-large gaps.

Okay, back home now. Blew my GC seals buying head/body/hands/legs/feet and the CUL main-hand. Did moogle stuff and am a bit into 51. Looked to see if there were any right side improvements I could make, but would largely say no between current melds or not wanting to overspend. Craftsmanship is 387, Control is 362, and CP is 324. Will the next couple levels be pretty big stat jumps? Because looking up the muffins shows suggested craft stat is 519.

Also re-looking at abilities I realize how much I've forgotten when it comes to maximizing rotations. Also somewhat unsure how Brand/Name work. Got Careful Synthesis II from weaver and it shows 120% rate with no chance of failing, while Brand is 100/90 while also costing 6 CP. What does Name buff it to or is it widely variable?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I used this website to see if you can do it and you should. Granted you're dependant upon RNG but hey that's life until lv70.

https://nubleh.github.io/ffxiv/craft/

Start with Comfort Zone -> Inner Quiet -> Steady Hand II

Then while under Steady Hand you will need one successful Rapid Synthesis and then dump the rest into Hasty Touch. Once your Steady Hand 2 buff wears off use Careful Synthesis 2. You should be at 20/80 durability so use Master's Mend 2.

Pop Comfort Zone, then Steady Hand II, followed by 5 Hasty Touches. Then use Steady Hand II -> Hasty Touch -> Innovation -> Great Strides -> Byregot's Blessing. Finish with Careful Synthesis 2 and you should complete the craft.

If you hit all your Hasty Touches (Big if btw) you'll have 5.9k quality out of 5.7k needed.

Falling short there between lack of HQ mats and maybe being 10% off to successfully complete the synth. Will try getting another level to see if that'll help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag