1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 59 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

2 questions for POTD'

1) I just did 1-10 and 10-20 and my outside job got 0 exp
    2) I did floor 1-20 as a match party and now it forces me as a match put every time?

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

1) That is impossible unless your job is capped. Are you sure? Is that the job you entered on? You've gotta be missing something here.
    2) Yes. If you start as a matched party, you have to enter as a matched party every time on that save. You can reset the save; you lose your floor progress but keep aetherpool progress and can start over with a fixed party (or solo).

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    1) That is impossible unless your job is capped. Are you sure? Is that the job you entered on? You've gotta be missing something here.
    2) Yes. If you start as a matched party, you have to enter as a matched party every time on that save. You can reset the save; you lose your floor progress but keep aetherpool progress and can start over with a fixed party (or solo).
    Will have to check to be sure, but i know that before entering Floor 1, I was lv 27 CNJ, and was still 27 CNJ after floor 20.

So maybe i did get EXP but not enough to gain a LV

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

XP scales based off what level you are and what floor you accomplish. My 40 MCH is going to get more xp than your 27 CNJ even if we do the same floors.

After completing the duty you'll get a chat message saying you gained x experience.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So how fun is the new alexander wing? Thinking with that whole "96 hour free login period" I may come back for a bit.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It's fairly easy to get through, a bit more enjoyable than Midas but not as satisfying to clear.

BG Level

I see. Maybe I'll give it a go since there's no way in hell I want to subscribe for a month just to finish up the main/Alex story.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    So how fun is the new alexander wing? Thinking with that whole "96 hour free login period" I may come back for a bit.
    Normal or Savage?

Normal is piss easy as always, Savage is much easier than the last two wings. Mechanics aren't as punishing and the dps checks are pretty lax.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    Normal or Savage?

Normal is piss easy as always, Savage is much easier than the last two wings. Mechanics aren't as punishing and the dps checks are pretty lax.
    I've never had much of an interest in Savage since I'm not really a fan of the "Static only" mindset.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

You can clear this entire tier without a static. 12 is rough, but even on Leviathan a bunch of people did it solely through PF. 9-11 are easy at this point.

BG Level

Possibly returning - Questions

Some POTD questions

1) exemple I'm conjurer 32, will i get hit same exp from floor 1-10 then 51-60? ( if I'm conjurer 32 on both)

2) what happens when you buy a weapon with your "levels" can you buy them all with just lv 30?

3) except buying a weapon what does the weapon and armour level do in potd more damage and défense? And nothing more?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I've never had much of an interest in Savage since I'm not really a fan of the "Static only" mindset.
    You can do it via PF and RF - but i'd personally join one of the raiding discords and pug for different groups that need fill-in's.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Some POTD questions

1) exemple I'm conjurer 32, will i get hit same exp from floor 1-10 then 51-60? ( if I'm conjurer 32 on both)

2) what happens when you buy a weapon with your "levels" can you buy them all with just lv 30?

3) except buying a weapon what does the weapon and armour level do in potd more damage and défense? And nothing more?
    1) I thought I read that higher floors = more XP, but I can't confirm for certain because I've only done tomestones in potd so far.
    2) you need +30 on both weapon and armor, then you can buy a weapon to use outside of the dungeon. your weapon and armor in PotD will then be reduced by 30 points each. the weapon won't be usable until level 60 but it is fantastic - your basic level 60 weapon is i150, this is i235. also once you buy the i235 weapon, you can save up for an i255 weapon that costs 60 points each from your armor/weapon and it's among the top tier weapons (depending on class). BRD's kinna weapon, for example, is in the top 3 or so weapons if that gives you an idea of how strong they are.
    3) they give you damage/defense (or healing power), that's it. technically there is one other thing: every 10 floors has a minimum aetherpool rating required to enter. however, that rating is so low that I have never once run into it so I don't think it really matters. you will almost certainly be above that rating by the time you get to each set of floors.

PotD question of my own: When does my weapon turn red? I know I get Kinna at 60/60 but I mean, when does it turn red in PotD?

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It turns red as soon as you get +60 weapon.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Awesome, thanks. I tried to google that but couldn't phrase it in a way that google would understand.

BG Level

Is there any Valid reason to do ARR, Beast tribe daily while doing MSQ and etc?

Or should i save them for w/e when?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Is there any Valid reason to do ARR, Beast tribe daily while doing MSQ and etc?

Or should i save them for w/e when?
    The higher level ones award exp and you get beastman currencies you can buy items for the new relic with as well as some mounts, minions, housing items and dyes locked behind each tribe. Also some find the stories enjoyable.

If none of that entices you go ahead and skip 'em. You aren't going to miss out on anything earth shattering and you can always do them later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Easy exp, and you get free IV battle materia when you get high reputation. I don't see why not do them now.

Some POTD questions

potd xp scales with your level. Each 10 floors get you roughly 20% of your current level up exp.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I recently had to tank with my titan in a lower level exp party. It went better than most groups and we only had 3 people. Afterwards, one of the people said I didn't know people on my server were that good. What did that mean?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag