1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 11 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -2 hours, -14 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

For BLM it could be depending on the rest of your gear set up. If you can hit spell speed cap with your other gear then that 510 piece would be inferior. For RDM it’s definitely inferior because spell speed don’t really matter when you are instant casting every other spell.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What's the spell speed cap? =X

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

WHAT'S THE SPELL SPEED CAP??!??!

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I didn't think there was a overcall cap? Or that spell speed was all that important on how Astral/Umbral worked these days? idk just check The Balance.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, Black Mage usually has two best in slots depending on what you're comfortable with.

Max spell speed: https://etro.gg/gearset/235acc06-52b...b-6cb5334fbfee

Max crit: https://etro.gg/gearset/cd57552e-dff...2-d75c01656daa

No actual cap on spell speed that is attainable anyways.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I am no where close to having gear like that on Blm and I won't ever be. I'll just go with the i510 body as I like having comfy cast time space on Blm and overall the stats I want (crit and sps) are a lot higher than on the i520 piece

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The 71-79 leveling dungeons. I can't do them undersized, but if I bring a full party of 4, can I do them unsynced? I want a glamour piece that drops from the first boss =X

If the answer is yes, anyone on Aether want to help me farm a glamour piece?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I believe current expansion content can never be unsynced.

You got 2 ways:
    - Use your trusts and just go through the whole dungeon. At the end you're guaranteed a drop for your job
    - If the piece you need is a tank or healer, then just queue for that dungeon specifically and do it approximately 5 times. Need everything on the way to take up the slots and hopefully the game throws you what you need/missing as part of the set
    - If you don't mind DPS queues, as above

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

My tolerance for running dungeons over and over and over has it's limits, but what do you need?
    I have a couple non-gear items I need from a couple of those dungeons, and if it matches up, I could be convinced to help.

Edit: Oh, just the first boss.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So do DPS parsers still work? I know they're not as useful as they were back when TP was a thing but they seem like a godsend for Dancers in alliances

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    So do DPS parsers still work? I know they're not as useful as they were back when TP was a thing but they seem like a godsend for Dancers in alliances
    Yup, ACT always up to date

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I wanted the Ravel Keeper's halfgloves of casting. The first run I did was dreadfully slow but it turns out the party I got queued with was just bad lol. Every subsequent run was really quick and I managed to get both the casting and healing sleeves by like my 4th run luckily

I haven't posted my glamours in a long time, maybe I'll make a post later showing my current ones off

If you run trusts as a tank, you can pull each pack, get aggro and then afk/alt-tab, and then come back after a few minutes. it's much slower but at least you keep your sanity.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    If you run trusts as a tank, you can pull each pack, get aggro and then afk/alt-tab, and then come back after a few minutes. it's much slower but at least you keep your sanity.
    I do this too, but as a SMN. I have a macro that cycled my dots each 30 seconds and just carried on working (from home), and then take the 5 or so mins of properly playing to kill a boss.

Both in theory works I guess, as tank you just need to put in that little bit of effort to get hate (3-4 rotations?). So there's the trade off with 2 DPS or 1 DPS haha

Returning to play with some friends after long hiatus.

I’m looking into faster ways to level and and see a lot of stuff about using like a squad to run low level dungeons with you. I have the barracks room or whatever it is unlocked in the Grand company but it looks like I have no recruits yet to do this.

After some reading it looks like I have to do weekly challenges to randomly get NPCs to join me. Is this correct? I’ve had a bunch complete and never gotten the message. So I really not start with any?

If that route is going to take a while to bear fruit my plan to catch up newer jobs is leveling dungeon plus palace of the dead. Is this still a good route or are there better options now?

Edit: I should note my highest job is 61 and I’m just starting stormhlood stuff. I’m mostly looking to have 2-3 jobs at this level to rotate through as I quickly tend to our level the msq quests.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't think leveling 3 jobs at the same time is a good time investment. Do 2 max and you should be fine just doing daily roulettes, weekly targets etcs
    As for the barracks, also do roulettes etc and you will randomly a message that there's a new recruit

I have yet to get the random message after like 2 weeks of roulettes and I’m positive I’m at the point where I can get recruits. I have the table that says no one has applied yet or something and a guy telling me to do challenge log stuff to find recruits.

I’m mostly trying to get a single second job at least to 60 that I’m interested in playing. It’s mostly that the queue times are like 20 minutes s pop so having the ability to just instantly join a dungeon with npcs sounds great. The third Job may or maybe not happen as you’re right that the exp from msq quests may just not be enough to support that but currently im getting 1/3 of a level for level 60 msq at level 61.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Did you do the talking to the dude in the barracks room and actually -get- your squad? once you have high enough rank, it should give you 3x dude(ttes) to start out with

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Returning to play with some friends after long hiatus.

I’m looking into faster ways to level and and see a lot of stuff about using like a squad to run low level dungeons with you. I have the barracks room or whatever it is unlocked in the Grand company but it looks like I have no recruits yet to do this.

After some reading it looks like I have to do weekly challenges to randomly get NPCs to join me. Is this correct? I’ve had a bunch complete and never gotten the message. So I really not start with any?

If that route is going to take a while to bear fruit my plan to catch up newer jobs is leveling dungeon plus palace of the dead. Is this still a good route or are there better options now?

Edit: I should note my highest job is 61 and I’m just starting stormhlood stuff. I’m mostly looking to have 2-3 jobs at this level to rotate through as I quickly tend to our level the msq quests.
    As someone that tried barracks for leveling I'd say don't. They AI is shit because you need to manually move your squad out of AoEs/etc. which makes the dungeon run feel like a slogfest compared to waiting ~15 minutes for a run (assuming you're on DPS).

Like Gokulo said, focus on your daily roulettes for EXP

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You need to complete objectives in your log and you'll get a random chance at a new recruit.

But it's not something really to focus on, just a bonus as you do other things. Like has been said, it's not the best way to xp, though once you level them up you can send them on missions for some minor stuff.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag