1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

2 questions:

1. Is there a way to find the IPs for data centers/servers for pinging purposes?
    2. What is considered a good response time for double weaving?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    2 questions:

1. Is there a way to find the IPs for data centers/servers for pinging purposes?
    https://is.xivup.com/adv
    https://arrstatus.com/

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So, after a few years (cataracts are a bitch) might finally be returning to pick the story back up. My user interface is all sorts of screwed up (because cataracts are a bitch) and not sure how to undo all the "fixes" I tried to make the interface more readable. And apparently they removed abilities so I have no idea what I'm doing. I guess some dungeons still don't have trust or whatever NPC support added yet? Trying to make sense of quest log, looks like Dust Vigil for a quest and Bardam Mettle for MSQ. Do they not have some sort of NPC support or am I not looking at the right menus to access them? I guess my main issues are to reset the UI and figure out some way to get back into playing my class without getting other people killed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dungeon NPCs are up to end of Heavensward right now, so you could run a couple of those to get back into groove

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

UI should have a “restore defaults” option.

NPC helpers aren’t available in Stormblood expansion yet, that’s coming in 6.4…you can try some of the lower level dungeons with them to practice if you need to get back in the swing of things. I’d recommend playing a DPS job and observing what the tank and healers are doing.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Trying to login for free campaign and keep getting "Unable to complete version check" along with a bunch of numbers.
    tried uninstall/reinstall and same thing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Returning after....13 years. Just wanted to check the current state of the game and installed on M1 MacBook Pro. Quick technical and general impressions.

The game feels and plays very smoothly, as a seasoned XI player I felt at home right off the bat. So sad that I’ll never have the time.

On technical side The game runs at highest settings with a solid frame rate. Dual Shock PS4 is supported, along with all other mainstream controllers like x360, Switch, Ps5, etc. . No technical problems or whatsoever so far.

I am impressed overall, will casually play around every now and then!

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I mean, it's 13 years old - anything more then a step up from a TI-82 should be running smooth.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Silicon chip transition was a bit painful afaik, apparently they solved all performance related issues in May which was a pleasant surprise.

One thing I've noticed in the game is that...nobody talks. Absolutely nothing goes on the public chat, which is a bit different than what I was used to in XI. Is this how things are normally in the XIV?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yes. The mods actually will ban people for reportable behavior/harassment/trolling. So people are quiet or overly friendly in public. Your free company or LS chat can still be toxic as long as no one gets their fee fees hurt and reports it.

XIV generally doesn't have that "forced to work with people you don't want to" vibe to it, so conversation is going to be more on the minimal side outside of FCs or chosen linkshells. Limsa is probably going to be the most chatty location overall due to the aetheryte orientation to MBs. Some think it makes the game worse. Others don't miss the XI-style dick waving or merc spam. Inevitably, if you want a more social experience, it's up to you to seek it out.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Enjoying the way things are currently. I only have limited time periods I can play, and the party seeking dynamic would make it unplayable for me.

Reached level 13 and things have been rather fast despite playing totally solo.

You'll hit your first MSQ dungeon in a few levels, but they're pretty snoozy. Only tricky part is if you're playing a tank, as some might expect you to multi-pull and your gear probably isn't there for that if that's the case.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    You'll hit your first MSQ dungeon in a few levels, but they're pretty snoozy. Only tricky part is if you're playing a tank, as some might expect you to multi-pull and your gear probably isn't there for that if that's the case.
    Can just do it with NPCs at first to learn the ropes

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I’d recommend doing the hall of the novice training sessions. Even as an mmo vet or noob it will guide you through the basics of XIV party play for your job. And you also get pretty decent level 15 gear for your job and an XP bonus ring.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Career Ranger here You are right, my gear mostly consists of what I get from Archery Guild quests and main story line.

Thanks for the valuable advice guys, so far all I've done was to level up through easy monsters outside of the city. I'll start getting more into skill building events.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you were a career Ranger in XI you might want to look into the Machinist job once you reach Heavensward. Machinist is the Ranger equivalent in XIV in that it’s the selfish DPS that goes pew pew. Archer (and later Bard) is a ranged DPS but also party support

In that case, early dungeons are just going to be spamming your AoE until bosses, then you use your STs.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    If you were a career Ranger in XI you might want to look into the Machinist job once you reach Heavensward. Machinist is the Ranger equivalent in XIV in that it’s the selfish DPS that goes pew pew. Archer (and later Bard) is a ranged DPS but also party support
    Oh snap, just read in detail about Machinist going to be a hard choice!

In that case, early dungeons are just going to be spamming your AoE until bosses, then you use your STs.
    At one point I actually asked myself “ok, should I really be just spamming my skills all the time?” I guess it is mostly “yes” for now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag