1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Do people not consider unseen story to be worth doing something?
    I suffer through the repetitive beast tribe quests mostly so I can watch the story of them (and buy the mount afterward of course).
    I guess everyone puts different emphasis on the story in XIV, but I honestly thought that's the #1 reason to play the game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It varies. beast tribe quests have in general usually blown. The newer ones have definitely gotten better and the Namazu prove to be top tier. FFXIV's story is one of those 'Your Mileage May Vary' because a lot of us are jaded and cna see similiarities between HW and SB.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Speaking of story, seems I'm nearing the end of the current available story but I need to upgrade my gear to queue up for this primal fight. Current I just have some 310 stuff I got from the clan but I really haven't done anything outside of MSQ and I don't have gil enough just to buy the crafted stuff. Before I would just use poetics to get a new set when I got to the current major version level cap, but I guess that won't be an option for a while. What would be the quickest way to meet the iLvl req, will I just need to spend a month grinding mendacity? Just hate to put the story to to side for so long since I'm near the end.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Speaking of story, seems I'm nearing the end of the current available story but I need to upgrade my gear to queue up for this primal fight. Current I just have some 310 stuff I got from the clan but I really haven't done anything outside of MSQ and I don't have gil enough just to buy the crafted stuff. Before I would just use poetics to get a new set when I got to the current major version level cap, but I guess that won't be an option for a while. What would be the quickest way to meet the iLvl req, will I just need to spend a month grinding mendacity? Just hate to put the story to to side for so long since I'm near the end.
    You can buy mats and send them to a crafter. If you're on sargantanas I can help but I'd try poking around and seeing what you could do. Also I'd recommend spamming HoH for a ilv365 weapon and creation to convent into i350 gear and possible i360 enhanced crafted gear.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    It varies. beast tribe quests have in general usually blown. The newer ones have definitely gotten better and the Namazu prove to be top tier. FFXIV's story is one of those 'Your Mileage May Vary' because a lot of us are jaded and cna see similiarities between HW and SB.
    So whats the draw on the Namazu? The beast quests all seemed a bit samey so far.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So whats the draw on the Namazu? The beast quests all seemed a bit samey so far.

Have you seen the rewards?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

disregard, user error

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Storyline is pretty legit. Can't say much that'll spoil it but lets say its light hearted and has a lot of well animated cutscenes. It also follows the post-ixali trend of building up a camp site.

The stormsap and mount are also pretty legit rewards as well.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I see that theres a captain rankup, but how do you get first lieutenant?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

It's related to the Squadron system in the Grand Company. I think when you get Squadron members to level 40, you get a squadron mission for it?

edit: Seems like Captain is also a squadron mission, a level 50 one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How long would it take me to get to 40 from scratch? I might have dabbled in it but quickly lost interest on release.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    How long would it take me to get to 40 from scratch? I might have dabbled in it but quickly lost interest on release.
    A day or two at most. Mostly because you are gated somewhat on things you can do by the MSQ. If you leveled another job from 1-40 after already completing it, for example, you could do it in 10 hours or so.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    A day or two at most. Mostly because you are gated somewhat on things you can do by the MSQ. If you leveled another job from 1-40 after already completing it, for example, you could do it in 10 hours or so.
    I think he is asking about his squadron, that would definitely take longer than 10 hours. Mostly because they are limited by the 3 daily 1-hour training sessions and 18-hour longer missions and some of it is luck-based if you don't have the right stats available. I've been leveling an alt lately and half-arsedly her squad is level 40+ after about 2 weeks, they usually gain a level per day (more early on) if they clear their missions and if you take them out on an odd dungeon here and there. What's more annoying is actually unlocking useful squadron members as you can only gain them randomly from completing challenge log entries...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oh my bad. Thought he was talking about coming back to the game and leveling himself.

what do I do when I outgrow a piece of armor and can't sell it? sometimes I can't convert it either and my crafting levels aren't very high so I'm guessing that affects it?

new craftable MNK body piece on MB is 4-5m on my server and it seems crazy expensive to me to not be able to sell it back after using it and later upgrading to something else

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I chuck it or throw in glamour chest.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What's the recipe to rank up to the new GC rank? I had a capped squadron before patch 4.4

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Complete 5 unique command missions.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's annoying...I don't enjoy them.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Complete 5 unique command missions.
    Then you have to send them on a unique level 50 squadron mission, so ideally your squad should be 50 before you attempt it. And it’s an 18 hour wait for completion as always.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag