Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I dunno, I'll watch it, but not in the movies lol. This shit has been way out of hand (which is the point of the movies I guess) but the painful cgi and raining cars? Pass

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I dunno, I'll watch it, but not in the movies lol. This shit has been way out of hand (which is the point of the movies I guess) but the painful cgi and raining cars? Pass
    I don't know about this movie, but a lot of the effects you would think are CGI have actually been done practically in this franchise. A large portion of their budget is smashing cars.

Interesting.

Way to push the envelope. The only major setting and/or scenario missing after this is perhaps space.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Nah, they don't fuck up the exotic cars lol. They've had a couple of accidents where the car gets absolutely destroyed. Or maybe I'm thinking that other movie. Anyway, this is beyond retarded; I'm sick and tired of this fucking thing tbqh.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nah but almost all the generic cars that got pancaked in the 6th movie by the tank were real for example.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Real yes, on the outside. Often times Hollywood will build a car that looks similar on the outside then put a Volkswagen engine inside and send it off. No frills inside, just a station wagon with a lambo body.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I'm curious as to what they have planned for Deckard Shaw not only in this movie, but in future installments.

He seems rather friendly with the group in this one (for lack of a better word); meanwhile he's the person responsible for murdering Han.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I'm sure his role as an ally is temporary. Fast 9, he'll probably end up having the biggest and most ridiculous death ever. My expectation is that he'll play nice most of the time and then towards the end, he'll steal something because Hobbs stupidly let him get too close to certain info/computers/people/anything to set up the story without totally throwing off the plot of this one. We still haven't had the Shaw/Hobbs faceoff and I think they can milk that for another movie.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The only thing I bought back from Fast 8 is that I need a movie where Jason and the Rock just go at it for 1.5hrs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I liked it, way better than I thought it would be.

If you're looking for engaging storytelling and realistic psychics, why are you watching this movie?

The dumb factor was toned down, the writing was a little better, and the stuff we go see these movies for (action and car stunts) were superb.

Definitely missed Paul Walkers presence, he brought a certain charisma and light-heartedness to the franchise that wasn't there.

I don't expect much from these films and they exceeded my expectations.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

paul walker and charisma lolz. he was fine in the series but a charismatic actor he was not

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    paul walker and charisma lolz. he was fine in the series but a charismatic actor he was not
    Walker failed his CHR check against those trees, RIP

Movie was decent, after walking out I was saying to my wife..I would kill for a Fast and the Furious X Transformers cross over...lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Honestly found any Vin Diesel scene during the first half of the movie incredibly boring. Picked up in the second half at least. Going forward I would honestly be fine if they dumped Diesel and focused on Rock and Statham as the main two characters.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Honestly found any Vin Diesel scene during the first half of the movie incredibly boring. Picked up in the second half at least. Going forward I would honestly be fine if they dumped Diesel and focused on Rock and Statham as the main two characters.
    related: no spoilers in the link. Seems like Vin is a bit of a bitch. Not the first time something like this has been reported either.

http://www.thewrap.com/vin-diesel-ki...oved-insiders/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    Maybe charisma is the wrong word. He brought something to the series that my wife and I both felt was missing from this film.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

He really didn't.

scott eastwood brought plenty of bland white guy in this movie, didnt need paul walker may peace be upon him

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Honestly, they whole series should have ended at the end of Fast and the Furious 6, with Roman saying grace over the meal. To me, that was the perfect way to end it all. They were back home and no longer outlaws.