Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Fast 8: The Fate of the Furious (April 14, 2017)

Director: F. Gary Gray
    Writer: Chris Morgan
    IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4630562/
    Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fate_of_the_Furious

Synopsis:
    Now that Dom and Letty are on their honeymoon and Brian and Mia have retired from the game—and the rest of the crew has been exonerated—the globetrotting team has found a semblance of a normal life. But when a mysterious woman seduces Dom into the world of crime he can’t seem to escape and a betrayal of those closest to him, they will face trials that will test them as never before
    Cast:

Cody Walker
    Lucas Black - Sean Boswell

Trailers:

Clips:

Notes:
    Film confirmation - http://www.people.com/article/paul-w...furious-series

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Are they trying to aim for 10?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

9 & 10 are in the works, per Universal, but 8 is the only one they've made any progress on. Cody Walker, while starring as Brian O'Conner in 7 will also be an all new character which is also set to premier in 7.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Man I fkin told my buddy they was gonna put dude from Tokyo drift to take Pauls place when I saw him in the new ncis

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

He's not a terrible actor. I've seen a lot worse lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Titanss View Post
    Man I fkin told my buddy they was gonna put dude from Tokyo drift to take Pauls place when I saw him in the new ncis
    Universal has him contracted for 7, 8, & 9.

http://screenrant.com/lucas-black-fa...us-7-8-9-cast/

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

i actually really liked tokyo drift

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

I like dude too, I was just sayin I called it

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

http://screenrant.com/fast-furious-8...endes-fuentes/

Furious 7 is in the record books for April box office openings, and the upcoming Fast & Furious 8 has been confirmed as both the start of a new trilogy, and the first time the franchise will take place on the East Coast, set within the urban jungle of NYC.

As the Fast & Furious franchise continues to earn status as THE big (non-superhero) action franchise of the 21st century, it seems that the biggest Hollywood talent wants to be involved (Helen Mirren, looking at you…). But in addition to new talent, the increased scope and popularity of the franchise also means that players from its more modest past can comeback in a big way. Such is the nature of a rumor about Fast & Furious 8 that we’re hearing today.

Scoop man “El Mayimbe” from L-R has been bombarding Instagram with scoops lately, and here’s what he’s saying about Fast & Furious 8:

The last time we saw Mendes’ character was in a mid-credits scene during Fast Five, in which Agent Fuentes makes contact with Hobbs (Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson) after his first run-in with the F&F crew. It was Fuentes who put Hobbs onto the fact that Letty Ortiz (Michelle Rodriguez) was still alive, pulling jobs for Owen Shaw in London.

Since her character is clearly still in the mix, it’s not a huge surprise to hear RUMOR that Mendes will be back – though the way Mayimbe phrases it does seem strange; does the next installment really hinge so heavily on whether or not Mendes participates? As this franchise nears a 1 billion box office payout (even with the loss of a headlining star) it seems unlikely that so much could hinge on one actress.

WARNING – SPOILERS for Furious 7 Below!

-

Eva Mendes and Dwayne The Rock Johnson in Fast Five Fast & Furious 8: Eva Mendes to Return as Agent Fuentes?
    Eva Mendes and Dwayne The Rock Johnson in ‘Fast Five’
    Storywise, having Fuentes back would make a certain amount of sense at this point. After taking down Deckard Shaw (Jason Statham) and helping “Mr. Nobody” (Kurt Russell) recover the God’s eye, the F&F crew have graduated from thieves, to outlaws, to outlaw espionage agents, to full-fledged espionage agents.

As Mr. Nobody succinctly explained, they are now playing in a world of ‘shadows,’ (i.e., spies and black-ops agents); with her deep cover experience (seen in 2 Fast 2 Furious), Fuentes is definitely a player in that world.

Eva Mendes in 2Fast 2Furious Fast & Furious 8: Eva Mendes to Return as Agent Fuentes?

The one awkward hangup of having the character return onscreen is of course her connection to Brian (Paul Walker), who was her love interest in the second film. Then again, considering how Dominic Toretto has mastered his love triangle with Letty and Elena (Elsa Pataky), maybe Brian doesn’t have a problem at all!

In all seriousness, though: after some quick banter with Roman (Tyrese) and Tej (Ludacris) to clear the air of the past, Agent Fuentes would fall right in step with the franchise’s new tone and direction.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    i actually really liked tokyo drift
    From a strictly aesthetic view I found Tokyo Drift to be awesome to watch. The drift scenes were some of the best I've ever seen.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Problem with Tokyo Drift was never the driving scenes, it was the shitty story and fact that I care nothing about the characters.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, you can't necessarily defend any movie in the series on the merits of story. But you are right that it had more to do with characters no one cared about.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Live action Initial D movie. If you haven't seen it, you should.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Well, you can't necessarily defend any movie in the series on the merits of story. But you are right that it had more to do with characters no one cared about.

Bad acting and even dumber story than usual. Like I can accept most the Fast Furious franchise, but that one was just garbage.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It brings up an interesting idea, if someone new to the series were to watch the movies in chronological order, ie, watching Tokyo Drift inbetween 6 & 7, do you think they would enjoy it more because they would have a character in Han that they were already familiar with?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

I believe so. I love Han's character and getting to know him a bit better before encountering him may make it more enjoyable.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Watching the later ones, I was always bummed out knowing he was going to die..

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Precisely, kept me from getting too attached.

But if you didnt know he dies, you'll fall in love with him, then have your heart ripped out. So yes, watch them in order for the feels.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
    Precisely, kept me from getting too attached.

But if you didnt know he dies, you'll fall in love with him, then have your heart ripped out. So yes, watch them in order for the feels.
    This. I avoided it until I picked up the boxed set in 2013/14. Didn't even know Han was in it, then didn't want to believe they actually killed him. Going back and watching the others where he was cruising with Gisele and planning on heading to Tokyo; was like "No don't do it Han!!!"

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

April 14, 2017 is release date supposedly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast