1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 11 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -2 hours, -54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
    The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

You get lights in PvP as well, so if you haven't done the Garo event, you can do that while you're at it (and trading in the <235 gear you buy with wolf marks can give you gc seals, the i110 accessories is optimal ratio i believe) which you can spend to get other stuff, amongst those ventures, I made like 3k and counting ventures grinding out relics, 4.0 bring it on :D

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

grats on finishing umbrite/sands!

took my lux out for a spin on the testing dummy today...
    Spoiler: show

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    Unless that's you and you're going to post a picture of it to actually contribute to this thread, you can fuck right off thanks.

I mean sure, I have it and all, but really, the last quest wasn't anything to write home about. The only step that I'd say was total hot bullshit was probably either umbrite or unidentified shits.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unidentified shits were bullshit because of the crafting requirement w/ the fucking specializations.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post

I mean sure, I have it and all, but really, the last quest wasn't anything to write home about. The only step that I'd say was total hot bullshit was probably either umbrite or unidentified shits.
    Eh people just seem to be so jaded on this forum, and I also overreacted and got bitchy. Nothing new on either point. I agree that the last quest was just a victory lap, but I've never finished anything of this magnitude before so I was really excited just the same.

Also grats on your eye of Sauron there

On a totally unrelated note but still relevant to this thread: I went from about 1.5m to over 5m gil from hoarding materia before the patch. The umbrite upgrade really paid off; twice as easy to get umbrite but crystal sands still cost the same amount of elemental materia and I had a shitton of them leftover from my anima. I also bought a Fenrir Pup, so made over 5m total from one patch alone. That's peanuts compared to some people, but to me? #feelsgoodman

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Eh people just seem to be so jaded on this forum, and I also overreacted and got bitchy. Nothing new on either point. I agree that the last quest was just a victory lap, but I've never finished anything of this magnitude before so I was really excited just the same.

Also grats on your eye of Sauron there

On a totally unrelated note but still relevant to this thread: I went from about 1.5m to over 5m gil from hoarding materia before the patch. The umbrite upgrade really paid off; twice as easy to get umbrite but crystal sands still cost the same amount of elemental materia and I had a shitton of them leftover from my anima. I also bought a Fenrir Pup, so made over 5m total from one patch alone. That's peanuts compared to some people, but to me? #feelsgoodman
    Heh, no problem. And grats on the gil. I know a few friends that are in the same boat where they can't hold onto gil to save their lives, so I definitely know how good it feels to rake in that money.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Thanks :D I'm up to over 6m now. Not sure what to do with it... I almost miss FFXI where gil actually mattered

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Save it for Shirogane housing district.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

You are going to migrate your houses from other districts to the new area and vice versa. So you're going to be competing on two fronts. People with gil and people who just move their estate.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

They should really operate houses like the real market.

A house goes up for sale until a Bid comes in, after the first bid there is a 3 day period for others to bid. Highest Bid gets the house. Allow current owners to sell their property the same way.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    They should really operate houses like the real market.

A house goes up for sale until a Bid comes in, after the first bid there is a 3 day period for others to bid. Highest Bid gets the house. Allow current owners to sell their property the same way.
    PFs in 4.0: "Small house in Shirogane. 180m starting bid."

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    PFs in 4.0: "Small house in Shirogane. 180m starting bid."
    Unironically totally okay with this.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I've considered it myself as a way to make megabucks. but I feel like it could backfire pretty badly if there are more plots than people who want them...

...but that doesn't seem likely? lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Depends which server you're on, and how many new players Stormblood pulls in. Siren for example has consistently had housing available, and the empty lots just increased with the addition of subdivisions. However, because Shirogane is new AND weeb housing AND you can move your previous house there, I don't see the plots lasting very long on any server.

Doesn't help that no one wants to live in Goblet

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I've considered it myself as a way to make megabucks. but I feel like it could backfire pretty badly if there are more plots than people who want them...

...but that doesn't seem likely? lol

Sounds like a real market to me. Low pop servers would have reduced prices due to the current system. High pop servers players should be able to buy/sell at a premium.

On Gilgamesh I've never seen a house for sale, but some FCs/People own 3+. Its a dumb system they currently have in place and its 100% luck based in regards to buying a house.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

not sure how populated Midgardsormr is; it feels like it's somewhere in the middle. I suppose I could actually look into that if I wanted, census data is out there somewhere. although I checked on housing last night and I could only find one open plot in all the wards of Limsa, so that's probably a good sign toward buying property in Shirogane. I mean what else am I gonna spend my gil on anyway; minions? that's just a waste.

Spoiler: show
    but don't tell my Fenrir Pup, mandragora set, or my beloved Morpho I said that

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So i started playing XIV a few days ago. Is that an accomplishment?

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That's one word for it I guess

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

omg Zouri is alive, the HQ champ :Q

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Ive been alive lurking. Kids are in school so i have free time now. Plus i believe someone is still playing my ffxi account.