1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 33 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Big fishing is fun and actually not that time consuming...depending on your luck, of course. It's better to wait for ShB now because of gear melds needed (the higher your gathering the better) but if you were to use this website and just go after fish that are in window while you have downtime, you could probably knock most of them out easily. I dragged my feet all expansion on fishing and finally decided about a month ago to start fishing them - I did all but 15-20 of the SB fish in like 2 days. It's less time consuming than you think. Food, FC buffs and especially cordials help a lot too.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I think I'm down to like 10-15 fish left and the ones I have left are mostly awful lol.

edit: It's quite annoying seeing a fish not available for 16 days, and then being at work when it is going to show up.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I think I'm down to like 10-15 fish left and the ones I have left are mostly awful lol.

edit: It's quite annoying seeing a fish not available for 16 days, and then being at work when it is going to show up.
    ikr, same here. The fish I have left are all absolutely awful for me - except Winter Queen which I just found out I hadn't caught, and Hookstealer which I just haven't got around to.

Some of the HW ones I've been after since HW dropped, like Madam Butterfly, Sea Butterfly, and Charibenet. As for SB, aside from the obnoxiously hard 4.5 fish, Loch Seld is where my biggest headaches lie. I haven't even been able to land a Sculptor ever, so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get Stethacanthus D:

How it usually goes for me is I'll have a golden luck day where I land a ton of fish easy-peasy after struggling with them for ages. Just waiting for it to come around.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I just want a Ruby Dragon so I can eventually put it in my aquarium

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yoshida visited Midgard today, got the Pre-Shadowbringers screenshot of justice

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks to whoever it was that shared the link to sightseeing log tracker page couple of weeks ago (Dotsudoku?), got the whole ARR log finally done! The vistas were amazing but some of the jumps awful. It's like the designers decided to make use of all the glitches and invisible ledges they found _after_ making the game. Oh yeah, we meant it to be like that. Here, have a baby apkallu.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Not really an accomplishment but I just 99 the minion Scathach and also got my 4th quest completed for ultima accessories to gear up my Dancer with. So I'm finally done with this place lol. I was never able to get the minion in Heavensward!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Finished it right before the expansion. >.> Glad I don't have to wait until I can re-unlock this now.

Spoiler: show

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

running any roulette that many times sounds terrible

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

speaking of grinds, has anyone done an anima weapon lately? wondering how long it would take to bang out a SMN book

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only gatekeeper would be the light grind and honestly I haven't done it. I think A9S is the preferred to go for spamming it now though since iLV advancements have made it extremely trivial even if there are two fights in it.

Otherwise its just stocking up poetics and other junk to upgrade it and then the Lux step which if I remember was just dunking on some normal mode primals.

I'd just do ARR beast tribes and MSQ: Roulette (500-600 Poetics) on a daily basis and before you know it you'll have enough.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    running any roulette that many times sounds terrible
    buh-buh-but its a 2 seater..!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Light can be done pretty fast now too, if you get a decent group that won't disband fast, maybe 2-3 hours?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

On the real though why haven’t they topped a 3yo weapon yet

I hope lux aren’t destined to be the high allagan of weapons

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm not a fan of most Lux weapons TBH. Even High Allagan has become a lot more meh to be lately.

I will say I liked how the BLM relic looked in SB. The DRG one much less so. I think i still need to finish it lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, I changed my sch glam for Eureka version for a bit, but went back in the end.
    And since I had all the extra poetics I went ahead and did BRD weapon since it looks so cool to me, even though I didn't really play brd

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Aettir is the best sword they will ever make period

to answer your question it took me 14 runs of stalwart A9S to finish my whm staff the other day so like an hour

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Pld usually gets lucky in the relic lottery. Arr’s shield effects were awesome

Brd is pretty consistently great too, but fuck brd

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

speaking of grinds, has anyone done an anima weapon lately? wondering how long it would take to bang out a SMN book
    Don't know why everyone focuses on the light grind. Heck, these days the light grind feels faster than the 13 dungeons it forces you to run (10 dungeons for step 2, 3 more dungeons later). And everything is paltry compared to the sheer quantity of poetics you need. I always spend my spare poetics on anima relic materials, and when I've pre-farmed everything, I knock out a new relic from start to finish in 1~2 days. I just finished my 8th one thanks to all the freaking Syrcus Tower runs I did due to the stupid Mog Tome event. "Just 8?" you ask. Yes, I spent like 45,000 Poetics on buying ~300 Grade 3 soils before I thought to make relics instead.

You'll want to buy...
    [6000 Poetics] 10 Unidentifiable Ore + Bone + Seeds + Shells
    [1750 Poetics] 5 Aether Oil
    [~5250 Poetics] ~70 Umbrite
    [2000 Poetics] 50 Singing Clusters
    [500 Poetics] 1 Archaic Enchanted Ink
    -----------------------------------
    ~15,500 Poetics. Some of the stuff is available via other means, if you want.

Plus the couple of things you probably don't need to prefarm because it's easy, but can if you want:
    [60000 GC Seals] 15 Pneumite
    [80000 GC Seals] 4x of each Adamantite Francicsca + Titanium Alloy Mirror + Dispelling Arrow + Kingcake
    [~4375 Red Crafting/Gathering Scrips] ~175 Rowena's Token (Blue Crafting/Gathering Scrip) (Skip this if not easily available)

If you've never made an anima relic before, however, I don't know how much of this is available for purchase before you reach each particular stage of the relic.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Spoiler: show

Now to build up a decent nest egg for ShB.