1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 7 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Reported for reporting.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

you laugh but that actually happened on my server last week. one guy got reported for cussing, someone reported him for reporting, Party Finder went nuts with drama spam and lulz were had by all

On Tuesday the 2nd of the two charity Platinum packs one gets for not being a total idiot coughed up the Lightning Card, the last of the four I needed to farm from them.

Took a bit over a year, and 67 packs. Along with the four cards, I had four duplicates over the packs, for a 8/67 rate on the rares.

It feels so good to be able to ignore the tourney now. Sweet freedom!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Man I forgot all about TT tournaments. Would be up first thing just to get top 3 for the individual cards locked in. MGP payout for first place was a nice 120k~

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cleared A12S and got mount before 3.5 dropped.

I feel accomplished.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No more x100 diadem easy/normal/hard just before patch. I hate the zone and sadly wasn't on the bandwagon when killing mobs was a thing so still 2 achievements left in there. Will knock them out when they re add diadem zz

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Finally.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Won 2 Gobdips this week. 1 via page, and the other via finally my turn getting one! :D

My entire right side is now i270, just need weapon, helmet and legs now from Alex and that's it. I am tempted to farm the Zurvan EX Axe, it's very good.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thank god this shit is overwith, I now hate pvp and will get the rest win or lose but no more stress.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Double posting screw it, last 230 weapon done and no more towers till SE wants us to go through hell again. Plus 11k achievement marker !

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Finally made it to a12s last weekend. Hopefully we fixed most of our dps issues this week, cuz it looks like we're gonna need it...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

The DPS check on AS12 is fairly tame compared to most final turns. You should be fine.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Big mechanical check is the second inception. Aside from that if your DPS can clear Timegate the only thing that'll stop you is trying to kill it asap during the summon alexander bit. The transition from second to third communion sucks but my group killed it during second communion.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there a way to gracefully handle the third tank buster in A12S last phase? The impression I get is before everyone is running in i275 weapons (or your group has the worst RNG with main-weapon drops), you're still going to need ample healer dps to clear that fight before hell breaks loose, which makes the 'dps check is easy lol' comments I see here and there about the fight a bit moot, especially if you don't have the most efficient composition.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Getting decent healer DPS in that fight isn't hard just by virtue of how heavily scripted the fight is. It's very easy to know when you can reapply your DoTs since all of the damage is literally just burst phases with essentially nothing in between. Even first week clears weren't seeing the third tankbuster so chances are high you won't on a clean run nowadays, even with worse players skill-wise. If you do happen to get it though you literally just have the DRK pop everything for it, he should have Shadowskin, Shadow Wall and DA Dark Mind available there. If you wanna be super safe (and you obviously should on a first clear) you throw on Grit too. If you run PLD Shield Oath is basically non negotiable since they don't have DA Dark Mind.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Is there a way to gracefully handle the third tank buster in A12S last phase? The impression I get is before everyone is running in i275 weapons (or your group has the worst RNG with main-weapon drops), you're still going to need ample healer dps to clear that fight before hell breaks loose, which makes the 'dps check is easy lol' comments I see here and there about the fight a bit moot, especially if you don't have the most efficient composition.
    Never saw the 3rd tank buster, we cleared week 3 or 4. It gets too sloppy around the 2nd set of puddles, so we cleaned up the first few phases to clear before the 3rd set of puddles.

Some easy DPS increases are:

Tank swap each buster or as often as makes sense, to maximize CDs and maximize Tank/Healer DPS.

First phase WAR (HG) > DRK (DM+Skin pop Skin during Radiant so its back up for adds).
    Stasis WAR (HG) > DRK (DM+Skin) - DRK wants to voke it back right after the WAR takes Cleave, lets the healers just regen the WAR.
    Timegates DRK (DM+Wall) pop DA+DM early so its back up for inceptions buster.
    Inception DRK (DM+Skin) > WAR (HG) DRK doesn't take the boss back until after Gravitational Anomaly puddles appear.

Another tip during inception. Gather under the boss for Radiant then have the tank pull the boss to the middle. The tank should stand in the middle of the arena. The other 7 people stand behind during Gravitational Anomaly then everyone dodges on top of the MT. This will allow you to never stop DPSing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I don't think the comments about the DPS check are moot, it is an absolutely meaningless DPS check. Hell shouldn't break loose at any point, the boss just repeats the same mechanics and doesn't even gain damage stacks. If you can do one set of Communions you can do as many as you need. Don't set an imaginary enrage when the fight still has minutes left.

Ideally you skip as many Communions as possible and optimize DPS but it's perfectly doable to cleanly and consistently redo the final phase. DRK has zombie for one buster and all CDs for the other, WAR always has all CDs available. Beyond that, there's a lot of things you can do to play it safe: don't move the boss until the voids spawn (in case your tanks fucked up at turning it), tank LB whatever Holy your healers fall behind on, MP song if MP gets low. Redo your Communion strat if it isn't consistent.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Speaking of A12S, finally beat it this week. On Tuesday to boot. BLM Weapon and Casting Coat dropped.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    Speaking of A12S, finally beat it this week. On Tuesday to boot. BLM Weapon and Casting Coat dropped.
    My weapon dropped this week too. Still hunting for the Casting Coat

Maybe i'll get some Bard/MCH loot soon too!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    My weapon dropped this week too. Still hunting for the Casting Coat

Maybe i'll get some Bard/MCH loot soon too!
    We're @ 6 wins now with 3 casting coats. And 4 weapons for jobs we aren't using.