1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 33 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 17 of 575 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I bought this but don't have a Vita. Worth it?
    Battle mode is pretty fucking fun for a JRPG if you can get over the game's blatantly low production budget.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I bought this but don't have a Vita. Worth it?
    Its fun as hell but like Kaisha said, low production value. Its not really a lot to get over but if you wanted an English dub and less stiff animations in cutscenes and stuff, you've got the wrong game.

Anyhow, I'm really quite a fan of it.

EDIT: Just thought I'd add that one of the main draws for me is just stylin' on enemies. Its one of the main things I love about the 'Tales of' series.
    Stuff like this.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    If you can keep most of the guys, just be glad you're able to drop a super sensitive player. My God, those types of folks are the most annoying. You don't even realize how hardcore you've been coddling them til they are gone but after a couple of weeks you'll feel like a weight has been lifted. Best of luck to you, homeslice (also convince Kiarax to stay on and get him caught up and then maybe you'll have another quality player).
    Yeah, dude's reason was 'I'm not having fun' (because his friends/other groups are on T12 or what have you) and because a couple of the group gets frustrated at times. First of all, we don't even get to run nearly as much as most groups due to some work schedules, so we get done what we can and run for about 2.5/3 hours a night for about three nights a week right now. Secondly, in MOST groups, show me a good one that doesn't have internal issues at times, or conflics, especially in a raid MMO setting. Like.. wat.

So yeah, good riddance anyway. Tried to deal with it, but can't anymore. Honestly I'm kind of sick of all of it and have been on the fence of just dropping the game all together if this is what I've gotta deal with. I still like the game and most people I play with, but jesus. What I'd give to be able to just go at a boss for like four hours and make real progress without one guy getting his panties in a wad cause they're big meanieheads.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Yeah, dude's reason was 'I'm not having fun' (because his friends/other groups are on T12 or what have you) and because a couple of the group gets frustrated at times. First of all, we don't even get to run nearly as much as most groups due to some work schedules, so we get done what we can and run for about 2.5/3 hours a night for about three nights a week right now. Secondly, in MOST groups, show me a good one that doesn't have internal issues at times, or conflics, especially in a raid MMO setting. Like.. wat.

So yeah, good riddance anyway. Tried to deal with it, but can't anymore. Honestly I'm kind of sick of all of it and have been on the fence of just dropping the game all together if this is what I've gotta deal with. I still like the game and most people I play with, but jesus. What I'd give to be able to just go at a boss for like four hours and make real progress without one guy getting his panties in a wad cause they're big meanieheads.

If you're not having fun w/ it, may as well. I know you've been going hardcore on Destiny and other stuff too. You don't need XIV. If you decide to stick w/ it, though, I think this will be a good thing in the long run. Kinda sucks in the short term I know, but eh.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Servers dead again, please bend over and try again.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

was about to say the same thing. Going to miss the damn fate I needed too.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post

I feel you. I know a few people who are slightly bummed that, despite how good their group is/isn't, they aren't world/server firsting anything. I'm not bothered by it because I just wanna have fun, and marathoning for 8 hours a night would not be fun (and typically has just turned me into grumpypants).

This content is gonna be here for a veeeeeery long time as well. If our group keeps to tradition we'll be downing T13 on the week before 2.5 hits (already keeping to 2nd coil tradition in that we've been doing roster replacements 2 weeks into patch!). And while I would definitely not mind getting it down sooner, I also don't want everyone to burn out on the way there.

Aside: gonna be interesting to see if we can (reasonably) do T12 and T13 with no casters (BRD BRD MNK NIN). Currently on add phase of T12.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Waste of 40min doing main scenario roulette in CM, just got to final boss and woosh. God damn what a bother.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yup Hyperion just shat the bed :\ Right in the middle of High Level roulette too. Oh well, back to Mario Kart.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Was raising before boss died.....TIME TO REDO THE DAMN RUN AGAIN!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

How (horrible/)awesome would it have been if free login weekend was THIS weekend instead?

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    If you're not having fun w/ it, may as well. I know you've been going hardcore on Destiny and other stuff too. You don't need XIV. If you decide to stick w/ it, though, I think this will be a good thing in the long run. Kinda sucks in the short term I know, but eh.
    Nah I haven't played Destiny hardcore in a while, been taking a break until new stuff drops. It's not that I'm bored with 14; I still like it. It's that I can't go through more group rebuilds, you know? Shit's annoying at this point of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I feel you. I know a few people who are slightly bummed that, despite how good their group is/isn't, they aren't world/server firsting anything. I'm not bothered by it because I just wanna have fun, and marathoning for 8 hours a night would not be fun (and typically has just turned me into grumpypants).

This content is gonna be here for a veeeeeery long time as well. If our group keeps to tradition we'll be downing T13 on the week before 2.5 hits (already keeping to 2nd coil tradition in that we've been doing roster replacements 2 weeks into patch!). And while I would definitely not mind getting it down sooner, I also don't want everyone to burn out on the way there.

Aside: gonna be interesting to see if we can (reasonably) do T12 and T13 with no casters (BRD BRD MNK NIN). Currently on add phase of T12.
    Yeah, same. This group cleared T9 like.. three months ago? I dunno, a while back, so I wasn't seeing us struggling hard with this either. But it seems like one or two may be apart of the 'we aren't clearing fast enough/ur group's too slow with learning/etc.' so I mean maybe with them bailing and us replacing it'll work out? I dunno though at this point. I'd probably server swap if I didn't have so many folks I played with, lol

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yo put me in coach.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Just like everyone else, DCs left and right tonight. Worst one was I finally got a DF on NIN for lowbie roulette just to DC at the first set of mobs then log back in dead in my inn room. After that I HPed and sure enough plauge of R0s so I couldn't even load up. Decided to say fuck it and played some MGS PW

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    ?

It's like buying winter tires without having a car
    I wanted to support the franchise even if I end up not playing the game. I bought Graces F when it came out despite not coming to own a PS3 until almost a year after its release. Initial sales matter for the Tales franchise.

Anyway, I'm not too fussed about not getting an English dub. As long as it's fun to play, I'll probably pick up a Vita around Christmas.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I wanted to support the franchise even if I end up not playing the game.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    If it was less flashy (and wasn't giving me some headaches because of this much lights) I would of approve the idea of making this fight less forgiving.
    This is my only complaint about Shiva EX, the particle effects and white washes. I'm going to need some gunnar optics or something, haha.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by Leadleaf View Post
    I volunteered to nom prey-stuns
    When I'm tanking and I get the prey mark, I just take the stun, I don't lose hate and it doesnt really matter if I'm stunned as long as the healer keeps me alive. You don't have to stun tail screw, just cleanse the debuff and heal the person, its not hard.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eeek Sohno
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Asura

From a WHM perspective, it's not hard, but holy shit is that fight annoying. It feels like the slime frequency accelerates as the fight progresses, and then for added fun, in come the double slime debuffs. It's gonna kill my Esuna keybind!

Actually, on second thought, the entirety of Sastasha HM aggravates me. After the Captain flees, every tank and DD insists on fighting a horde of AoE-spamming mobs interrupt interrupt on top interrupt interrupt interrupt of my bound interrupt interrupt WHM interrupt. And hey, who doesn't love mashing sprint, stumbling about in a spanking machine, and healing three panicked headless chicken during Kraken?

At least it keeps me alert.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeks View Post
    in come the double slime debuffs. It's gonna kill my Esuna keybind!
    I suppose it's possible that I've just never seen the fight drag beyond 3x slime (if it does go beyond that), but the slime drops are AOE and you can get multiple slime debuffs if people are standing too close to one another. Blame your DPS for that one.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 575 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast