1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 23 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 575 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eeek Sohno
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I suppose it's possible that I've just never seen the fight drag beyond 3x slime (if it does go beyond that), but the slime drops are AOE and you can get multiple slime debuffs if people are standing too close to one another. Blame your DPS for that one.
    I don't need actual, valid reasons to blame DPS for ... anything I want, really. But still! Didn't notice that, so thanks for the tip.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Now I'm second-guessing myself for no good reason, so I should say I've only encountered it once so I'm not actually 100% sure that's how it works. I'd never seen a double-debuff before then, and I noticed that I was next to another guy who got slimed when it happened.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I don't remember the slime even being that potent. Nothing that Medica 2 couldn't handle. I mean, yeah, I'll esuna as possible, but as long as the tank has it off, nbd right?

I hear horror stories about that scorpion all the time and I just never really thought it was a big deal.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eeek Sohno
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't know, but it seems plausible. I'll keep an eye out for it next time I end up there.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Can definitely get multiple stacks if you don't erase them quickly enough. The stacks are what get people killed by Tail Screw.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

After waiting 70 minutes to get into low roulette yesterday, I'm greeted by the tank dropping. This isn't new, but it's only Sastasha, so we move to trash. A moment later, same tank joins, goes "wtf I don't want this group" and leaves. A few seconds later a similarly-named-but-different character joins the group and bitches. I point out that this party is the top of the JiP queue and he goes offline. We kick him and off-name tank joins again, then goes offline. We kick him, and the original tank shows back up.

SE. Please, for the love of fuck, make vote-dismissal penalize you. Guy was clearly fishing to land in his friends' group or something, but he seriously was in and out of our group half a dozen times on two characters because JiP rules are fucked. I understand his goal was to keep our party out of queue with himself being offline and join on his other character to find his friends, but fuck you, you're not sticking us with 3 people because you're an asshole.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    I don't remember the slime even being that potent. Nothing that Medica 2 couldn't handle. I mean, yeah, I'll esuna as possible, but as long as the tank has it off, nbd right?

I hear horror stories about that scorpion all the time and I just never really thought it was a big deal.
    Its not about its potency.
    If its on someone as they get Tail Screw'd, they might just die from the next tic. That's enough of a reason to want to use Esuna/Leeches.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erilsa Angeldust
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

'ruda HM wipe.
    3 pillars destroyed but that's ok because we died before aerial blast.
    It's up there with wiping to CM's first wave.
    I'm bad at this.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eeek Sohno
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's not that the fight is an unmanageable horror; it's just awfully annoying. The slime's initial damage + DoT really grinds down the party's HP over the course of the fight, especially so with subpar DPS via DF. It's manageable enough with Medica 2, a sensible Esuna order, and fast cures/stoneskins on the Prey targets. Still, I wouldn't call it a comfortable fight from the healing perspective. The Esuna spam eats up a lot of time (even with liberal PoM use), and healer mistakes can potentially wipe the party, and quickly at that.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post

If the dps is slow enough, the boss will put out a dot during its enrage mode, which makes the dot tick for about 850ish. 2 melee near each other+ 2 stacks = rape

Quote Originally Posted by Leadleaf View Post
    'ruda HM wipe.
    I'm bad at this.
    this should be in the achievement section, its pretty hard to find that many undergeared/bad people all at once, if nothing short of a miracle.

Can Tail Screw actually KO you or will it always just bring you down to critical HP?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just brings you into critical HP, I think it just brings you to 1% of your maximum HP. (though it could be 99% of your current HP as well), but it cannot kill you by itself.

its the DoT from the slime that has the potential to kill you.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Toto-rak for days in Low Level Roulette.
    I can't wait for the Hard Mode, The Infinite Maws of Please Kill Me Now.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eeek Sohno
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Leadleaf View Post
    'ruda HM wipe.
    I'm bad at this.
    Okay, I'll raise.

Back in March, network/server stability manifested some sort of superlag spikes.. Think 10s instead of 50ms ping in any given instance. A story SV party of mine needed about 60 minutes and about 8-10 wipes to clear the last two dragon bosses. We killed each dragon only when the superlag spikes struck at the most convenient times. During Isgebind, I routinely came out of spikes to find myself dead, fallen by ice strikes and DoT damage from the frozen ground.

It took about 3 hours over 2 evenings to clear Garuda story mode. The time we cleared it, we won only because the superlag struck when we were hiding behind pillars and at the end when one of the DPS was able to LB her for the kill while the rest of us were lagged out of commission.

Those story Garuda fights are still the most difficult thing I've ever done in XIV, and it's not because the fight itself was too hard. The difficulty was entirely random and depended solely on whether or not the superlag spikes left us in a position to recover and continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Just brings you into critical HP, I think it just brings you to 1% of your maximum HP. (though it could be 99% of your current HP as well), but it cannot kill you by itself.

its the DoT from the slime that has the potential to kill you.
    In that case healer's don't even have to heal people that get hit by it outside of maybe a Regen (WHM) or fairy cures (SCH).

As long as slime is removed there's no other damage anyone other than the tank should be taking.

Really tho, the healer should just be shielding the tank so they won't get stunned and can simply stun the Tail Screws.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    After waiting 70 minutes to get into low roulette yesterday, I'm greeted by the tank dropping. This isn't new, but it's only Sastasha, so we move to trash. A moment later, same tank joins, goes "wtf I don't want this group" and leaves. A few seconds later a similarly-named-but-different character joins the group and bitches. I point out that this party is the top of the JiP queue and he goes offline. We kick him and off-name tank joins again, then goes offline. We kick him, and the original tank shows back up.

SE. Please, for the love of fuck, make vote-dismissal penalize you. Guy was clearly fishing to land in his friends' group or something, but he seriously was in and out of our group half a dozen times on two characters because JiP rules are fucked. I understand his goal was to keep our party out of queue with himself being offline and join on his other character to find his friends, but fuck you, you're not sticking us with 3 people because you're an asshole.
    How did the tank you initially entered with, who dropped, get to join moments later? Am I mistaken, or shouldn't he have gotten a 30 minute lock-out penalty for dropping party?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Intense View Post
    How did the tank you initially entered with, who dropped, get to join moments later? Am I mistaken, or shouldn't he have gotten a 30 minute lock-out penalty for dropping party?
    Legend speaks of a long-time glitch wherein if you join a party in-progress, leaving doesn't give you a penalty. I thought they fixed it, too, but apparently not? Guy was in and out of party more times than we kicked him.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Legend speaks of a long-time glitch wherein if you join a party in-progress, leaving doesn't give you a penalty. I thought they fixed it, too, but apparently not? Guy was in and out of party more times than we kicked him.
    there was never a penalty when leaving after you joined a party in-progress. i just did it 3 times, because I ended up in the same primal fight where only 1 person was left in. Also did it once in a PT (in progress) this week durign a dungeon run. You never get a penalty when leaving a "party in-progress".

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Its not about its potency.
    If its on someone as they get Tail Screw'd, they might just die from the next tic. That's enough of a reason to want to use Esuna/Leeches.
    This is exactly why you get the dots off ASAP. You can't always stop the screw, and the dot's enough to kill if your hot isn't manly enough to counteract it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erilsa Angeldust
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The actual glitch was not receiving the penalty when you were the first person to leave a new duty just because you had the join in-progress box checked. This went on for a good few months somewhere around 2.1 2.2ish time.

Nobody is penalised for dropping after the first guy, which is normal.
    What shouldn't have happened was that tank returning to the duty for the first time.

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 575 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast