1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 45 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 474 of 575 FirstFirst ... 424 464 472 473 474 475 476 484 524 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I would say "blame MrHappy" but I can't be assed to check if he actually ever put a video guide on that one, and if he advised hill strat if he did.

Plus, his guides have gotten a little better since 3.0.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Made me realise that I think Chimera is the only boss to have a none room-like terrain. I can't think of any other boss with a layout like Chimeras.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Hydra technically is like that too, since it loads the entire map for Halatali, but that's still in a dungeon map and in the boss room of that map.

Really, it's kind of Chimera's (and original Twintania's) fault we don't have interesting/varied boss arenas.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Hydra technically is like that too, since it loads the entire map for Halatali, but that's still in a dungeon map and in the boss room of that map.

Really, it's kind of Chimera's (and original Twintania's) fault we don't have interesting/varied boss arenas.
    Ontop of Yoshida saying players will only want xyz jobs and exclude people. Realistically it's the game's shitty coordinate detection. You can literally be next to an object but have to FACE IT in order for it to actually "be there" or else you'll get "too far away" or "can't see the target" regardless of your character faceplanting said object.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Realistically it's the game's shitty coordinate detection. You can literally be next to an object but have to FACE IT in order for it to actually "be there" or else you'll get "too far away" or "can't see the target" regardless of your character faceplanting said object.
    Is this why I sometimes get nailed by gaze attacks when I sure as hell am facing away? The game still thinks I'm facing because of bad detection?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

There's client/server lag to consider here. If you do get nailed by it but in reality turned when the cast bar is at ~80% you'll get hit by it.

There's a gif somewhere of early into the game (2013) where someone escaped a goblin's bomb toss 20% or so into the cast bar and still got hit, but I believe a lot of that has been fixed now (or the guy really had some bad connection).

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Always go by the castbar, never the animation. The exemptions to this rule are far and few between, two of which I can recall is Petrifaction in T7, and Behemoth's Meteor in CT.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I've always wondered why those exceptions even exist. If the capability clearly exists to have the animation considered for those couple of effects, why does the disparity not apply for most everything? Why not just all one way or all the other?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I still want them to overhaul their shit combat effects engine by having the castbar filling up actually line up with the attack animation itself so you're visually hit as you get snapshotted for receiving the damage, instead of seeing the animation play out a second or two later. Would fix both problems at once.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think the problem with that is there would then be a delay with taking the damage. So big monster would visually punch you > server would decide you got hit and took X amount of damage -> you take the damage after a delay -> possibly die suddenly after the punch.

Really, they should probably just securely offload hit decisions and possibly damage taken to client side so things can line up correctly.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Juben Sudorana
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Wow standard complaint other bard not wanting to ballad while I foe with three blms in party who were geared higher than both of us. Saying his damage is more important.

We do not have a compliment thread that i know of. So, want to thank my server Sargatanas for reminding me, why i enjoy the game. Community of old players and some new who did Coil 9 for completion yesterday and then helped a friend of mine today in party finder. We struggled yesterday, still did today, Dive bomb confusion and some early bomb problems and understanding feed mechanics. some of on skype, some in chat constant communication and dealing with stuff. So yeah great times

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    I think the problem with that is there would then be a delay with taking the damage. So big monster would visually punch you > server would decide you got hit and took X amount of damage -> you take the damage after a delay -> possibly die suddenly after the punch.
    This already happens with the current system though because the damage application waits on the animation to play out first.

Best example is T9 back in progression. Megaflare castbar would finish, you'd see the LB bar immediately go up from the pre-calculated damage, but no one takes that damage until three seconds into the animation later which is already three seconds after the damn castbar finished.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    This already happens with the current system though because the damage application waits on the animation to play out first.

Best example is T9 back in progression. Megaflare castbar would finish, you'd see the LB bar immediately go up from the pre-calculated damage, but no one takes that damage until three seconds into the animation later which is already three seconds after the damn castbar finished.
    On top of that, animation disparity also creates interesting situations. Using the T9 Megaflare example: Adlo after the animation won't save someone, but if they were at like 5000/15000 and gonna take 12000 damage, you could still heal them up before the damage actually happens and they will survive.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Grinded my 3x30 legendary medals in 2 days.
    The rest of the grind (going backwards) seem* easier in comparison.

edit: *look easier, as I now only need to grind a few sets of 15 and then 11/9/7 or something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wife had this happen in Palace of the dead.

(Soul Monster) Light I'm not going make it sorry babe, I need to get some sleep.
    (Lightningx Fate) alrighty thats no problem at all get some rest
    (Soul Monster) Sweet dreams love, look forward to talking to you more.
    (Momoko Tomoko) eh might as well just restart xD
    (Lightningx Fate) no we got this lol
    (Lightningx Fate) i hope
    (Momoko Tomoko) its still early in the floors i think it's better to just reroll lol

And then while fighting two manticores that group of 3 decided to wipe and bring my wife down with them without asking her.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

4 of my friends that went on a hiatus for a while cleared A8S while my static still can't get past Edit: Phase 2.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Random old complaint, still kicking myself in the ass for not melding a 2nd set of i110 tank accessories when they announced the tank stat change. Did the calculations and these i110's are on par with i160 or 170's depending on the secondaries available at those levels. Would've been great for either running an alt on lv 50 roulettes or seeing about selling them, which was my plan at the time to see if someone would pay a LOT for something that couldn't be made anymore, and now I'll never know.

(for reference)
    Spoiler: show

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbringer View Post
    4 of my friends that went on a hiatus for a while cleared A8S while my static still can't get past Edit: Phase 2.

Told you you were bad

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Random old complaint, still kicking myself in the ass for not melding a 2nd set of i110 tank accessories when they announced the tank stat change. Did the calculations and these i110's are on par with i160 or 170's depending on the secondaries available at those levels. Would've been great for either running an alt on lv 50 roulettes or seeing about selling them, which was my plan at the time to see if someone would pay a LOT for something that couldn't be made anymore, and now I'll never know.

(for reference)
    Spoiler: show
    This is why melded accessories were ball-bustingly OP as fuck and why I was using melded i90 shit for basically all of FINAL Coil, only upgraded a couple slots to i110 meld, and until I got my HW melded tank accs. Which was extra funny for some HW trials because I literally needed to swap to higher accessories to enter Ravana EX and Alex Normal, despite it being inferior gear with nearly double the ilvl of my Ruby i90/Platinum i110 stuff.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Well, they weren't then. They were good for sure, but you were just either adding damage to your turtle tank or adding hp to your str build. Now it's basically the same as having 40 prime stat on each accessory which is nuts for lv 50 roulettes and a good chunk of trials.

And aquapolis/arf being synched to 180 those i150 rings would've been 60 prime stat, which would put them around i240 range. Aquapolis is a joke but an i240 right side on your tank would've made duo'ing it quicker, not to mention how much arf is spammed now.

I'm gonna get a lot of use of those accessories on any other new tank job they add that I end up playing as well.