1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 1 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 494 of 575 FirstFirst ... 444 484 492 493 494 495 496 504 544 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

He's reinventing the meta of ice mage for FF14.

Infinite MP, Infinite DPS.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

When tanking, I used to have a lot of fun with healers/MCH using their knockback spell...for no reason. /sarcasm

This was incredibly annoying for 3 reasons: NIN, DRG, MNK

It's so easy to line things up to be positional DPS friendly.. then out of nowhere a healer fucks it all up. Or a MCH. Sometimes making the mob clip through the wall.. So I have to grab them and then reposition AGAIN.

After that happening so many times, I just stopped chasing the mobs down.

The knockback ain't no DPS gain.. and you ain't helping the DPS by doing that. If I lose aggro and it comes for you, sure, use it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It's not just melee that get hurt by that, seen bane miss any targets and flares only hit the one pushed quite a few times. Having smn miss applying bane is worse than a melee losing a positional, potentially a lot worse.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

so much drama in party finder on Midgardsormr right now. I don't even know if that's a win or a fail.

basically:
    "this guy reported me for being a dick in party chat so I'm gonna talk shit about him by putting up a party finder"
    "you shouldn't talk shit in party chat"
    "you shouldn't report someone for talking shit, grow up"
    "no u"
    "no u"
    etc.

hilaaaaaaaarious

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Good lord, just ran into a fellow AST in weeping city who refused to heal, or raise, or anything. Told me to solo heal it while he wanked off in the corner with cleric. I don't mind solo healing stuff but not when I'm told to do it by some rando who should rightfully be sharing the burden of dealing with the HP of people who can't stop standing in mechanics. Wonder if he actually healed after I dropped or if my replacement was stuck doing all the work.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    weeping city
    Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    people who can't stop standing in mechanics
    Not saying your co-healer was in the right if he was doing literally zero healing, but those people you mention aren't worth dropping clerics for, nevermind wasting raises on.

When I queue on SCH I know exactly how much healing I need to do, unless there's a good reason I don't go out of my way to save people who are trying to kill themselves.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Well yes sure I could stop healing/raising everyone too, if I wanted the mobs to die slower and my runs to be protracted to infinity. You kind of have to strike a balance between having enough people alive to complete the run and doing your own dpsing. Someone who just plain isn't willing to contribute to healing and raising no matter what isn't someone I was too keen on submitting myself to the mercy of. If you wanna do 100% dps and 0% healing just queue as a fucking dps class.

[edit] plus, with him not healing at all, meant that I couldn't dps much/at all which isn't fun for me.

Or, putting it another way: ask me if I want to solo heal and I'll probably say sure, no problem. Tell me I'm solo healing and I have no choice and I'll tell you to fuck right off.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's why I refused to heal in trials - rather not have to work with a co-healer. I bring my BLM instead.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Week 13 of A9S and still no slaying accessories dropped.

Wat

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Week 13 of A9S and still no slaying accessories dropped.

Wat

That's exactly how my group is. We've gotten exactly 2 Slaying accessories since week 1. One ring and One wrist. Really sucks because I'm second in line.

lol I'm still rocking crafted gear/accessories and been gearing up my alts, and only gearing my main with scripture + my main drops. I don't spend my tokens on my main cause it's not like I need them to clear A12S...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    lol I'm still rocking crafted gear/accessories and been gearing up my alts, and only gearing my main with scripture + my main drops. I don't spend my tokens on my main cause it's not like I need them to clear A12S...
    I gear my main ASAP. My reasoning is that gear is obsolete so fast that I might as well get BiS fast and enjoy it. But for my raid specific alts I won't spend books. I spend extra books on my third tier of jobs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The fact the makai gear isn't storable.

What
    The
    Fuck

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm hearing they basically annihilated ACT's ability to pull data from FFXIV.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    I'm hearing they basically annihilated ACT's ability to pull data from FFXIV.
    lol nope.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I still get ACT callouts

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    The fact the makai gear isn't storable.

What
    The
    Fuck
    Yeah this is making me hesitant to do those achievements.

The plugin doesn't combine pet damage for glamoured pets tho lol

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Originally Posted by Koji Fox
    Please allow me to deeply apologize for the lack of discretion used in the localization of the player title received upon completing the 3.5 main scenario quest. The decision to proceed with what is (as of Jan 18 JST) in the game was my decision and my decision alone. While the title was meant to be a reflection of the Warrior of Light’s role in the story, there is no excuse for my inability to realize that the particular choice of words would affect those players who had yet to complete the quest. As a result, my lack of foresight has marred the gaming experience of countless fans.

The current plan is to hotfix a new title in as soon as possible, with full awareness that this cannot undo the damage that is already done. I have spoken with Yoshida-san on the issue and have promised to personally work to ensure similar missteps do not happen in the future. We greatly appreciate the efforts being made by players who have already completed the quest to help ensure those who have not from being affected, and humbly ask that that everyone continues to do so until the issue can be addressed.

I once again sincerely apologize for this inexcusable error in judgment.

Koji Fox
    Maybe now people will realize that not everything Koji Fox changes is gold.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Ah, I did read that title on someone and wonder what it was about since I haven't blitzed through the story as usual. I figured it was just an exaggeration because they couldn't be that stupid to put a huge spoiler in a title? lol

I wonder what the Japanese title is, since he specifies the localization as the problematic one.

Annnnd I can't log on to the damn game. Got 90k'd and now there's a queue of 150 people that apparently never gets smaller. Wow did I not miss this!