1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 23 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 10 hours, 26 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 499 of 575 FirstFirst ... 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 509 549 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

this has been happening for me since 3.5, on and off. some of my FC-mates too, but not everyone. I was hoping 3.51 would have fixed the problem, but...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You won't be 90k'ed off until you zone/use an aetheryte to move within a zone.

Obviously DF is no bueno either.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

This appears to be a long running problem with their software or hardware. It's not a problem that will likely be fixed without a serious overhaul to something or other. Thing is, they don't seem to actually be doing anything about it...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Servers keep dying right as I get home and have a bunch of free time.

edit: And of course, maintenance to fix it.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    this has been happening for me since 3.5, on and off. some of my FC-mates too, but not everyone. I was hoping 3.51 would have fixed the problem, but...
    I've had the same experience. I never get connection lost and I've never seen a queue either.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

As of right now, Aether's party finder is fucked.

Why does everything keep breaking

edit: nope it's just me. I'm bugged.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We would like to report the current situation regarding the issues that are occurring with the Mana, Aether, and Chaos Data Centers since Patch 3.5.

Previously, we relayed that the issue is with the system which controls queuing in the Duty Finder behaving abnormally under the stress of queue congestion. Upon continued investigation, it has newly come to light that, under certain very rare circumstances queue management ceases entirely, causing the server to crash.

However, although we have a general idea of what is causing the issue, it is difficult to pinpoint completely in a dev environment. Therefore, during the Patch 3.51 HotFixes planned on February 1, 2017 (PST), we plan to implement a further system and investigative log in order to continue careful observation and implementation of a solution.

For this reason, more time will be needed until the issue is fundamentally resolved. In order to minimize the effect on our players, with the Patch 3.51 HotFixes we will be implementing a temporary solution, updating how queue management operates by making it so that when the queuing system becomes stuck, the problematic character or party's (single request) queue is canceled, thus removing the cause of the queue being stuck and preventing the server from crashing.

Should your queue become canceled, we ask that you please try queuing again. Although chances of a queue cancellation occurring due to this update are extremely small, we nevertheless apologize for the inconvenience.

We will continue to address this issue with the highest priority, and we ask for your continued patience.

We sincerely apologize for the extreme inconvenience caused to our players.
    tl;dr - We have cheap ass servers.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Sounds more like there's a bug in their software that they can't identify, so they've written a new rule to counteract the bug.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Still seeing tanks not using proper CD rotations on big pulls on the current dungeons. I mean, come on. My static WAR runs big packs on Deliverance and is more self-sufficient than some tanks in their tank stance.

Baelsar's Wall is annoying with a bad tank. Thank god PVP queues are quick to warrant doing those for scrips/marks/lights.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just did a dun scathe where I was one of six healers alive at the end of the first boss.

Diablos was fun.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's not so bad once his shield is gone.

You'd be surprised how many people in DF don't realize Awareness is a thing.

Then again, good luck destroying it with DF-tier randoms before the current tank has ran through every defensive buff. lol

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post

Then again, good luck destroying it with DF-tier randoms before the current tank has ran through every defensive buff. lol
    I went on my shittily geared DRK, and the first thing I did was swap out Bloodbath for Awareness, because of Diabolos. OP buffs are OP.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post

Assuming the idiots even know how to use a defensive buff. So many tanks being one shot.

Not to mention the people who just...stand there and take diabolos's mighty thrust so by time it's actually time to do damage most of your dps are dead.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Hey man, what people do with their subs is THEIR business. If they wanna get pounded by Diabolos' thrusting tentacles, then let them live out their dreams. It's their $12.99/month!

Fuck people being unable to dodge. I love watching them get wrecked when I tank.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post

Not to mention the people who just...stand there and take diabolos's mighty thrust so by time it's actually time to do damage most of your dps are dead.
    Guilty of this as well, but when I am playing ranged, half the time I can't see which way its facing in the clusterfuck of special effects. Turn those off then? Nah

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah its hard to see. But with my almost i270 gear I can take a hit.

Those i230 guys tho. Hahahahahahaha.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    Guilty of this as well, but when I am playing ranged, half the time I can't see which way its facing in the clusterfuck of special effects. Turn those off then? Nah
    Yeah when I play on BRD I just look at his back, only way for me to know lol.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It does make you wish there was an option to make targeting ring appear through everything but yourself.

Would make life easier on very select bosses that have a tiny-as-shit ring on them.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    I went on my shittily geared DRK, and the first thing I did was swap out Bloodbath for Awareness, because of Diabolos. OP buffs are OP.
    You wouldn't want Bloodbath on DRK anyway since you have Abyssal Drain for packs of trash. Awareness is infinitely better for your limited cross-class slots since criticals will nullify any chance of parrying.