1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 30 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 575 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You get 10% for 10 wolves' den matches (easiest to get a ls and trade), another 15% in the den for 5 wins (again trading is easiest). Frontlines is 10% of a level for seven games and another 15% for three wins. Add in that those games you do for the log also give exp, it isn't so bad. It'll take some time, but if you see it as a casual long term goal it can be done and anyone can be caught up. Rank 20 is still rookie mode I'd say in terms of grind, its like 3500 exp for a level or something? Rank 40 and higher are around 10,000 exp a level and the later ones go beyond that a little, but again logs give percentage rates of your current level so it balances out (full PvP log earlier this week gave me around 5,400 exp).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Pooke View Post
    It sucked back when PvP started when there were no logs, and when there were weekly logs it gave a crappy 300/600 exp no matter your level. Now though 50% of a level for doing the weekly is a breeze. You can also farm up soldiery/poetics in frontlines, beats doing experts with randoms if you ask me. I was not intending at all to rank up another five levels for some reskins, but it was worth it for the weapons, and it only took four days.
    wow you got that pretty fast. and yeah, fuck dungeons forever ever since fl came out. i find it comical that i can get old tokens/current tokens/pvp marks (for glamour or desynth) all in one place without having to jump off a cliff with noobs in dungeons.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You get 10% for 10 wolves' den matches (easiest to get a ls and trade), another 15% in the den for 5 wins (again trading is easiest). Frontlines is 10% of a level for seven games and another 15% for three wins. Add in that those games you do for the log also give exp, it isn't so bad. It'll take some time, but if you see it as a casual long term goal it can be done and anyone can be caught up. Rank 20 is still rookie mode I'd say in terms of grind, its like 3500 exp for a level or something? Rank 40 and higher are around 10,000 exp a level and the later ones go beyond that a little, but again logs give percentage rates of your current level so it balances out (full PvP log earlier this week gave me around 5,400 exp).

Its like 2200 per lvl lol. I would love to do more PvP, I just lose interest with the long ass waits for a match. I wait 30min per match and have nothing to do while waiting.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

queues are much better during friday/weekends, unless you're maelstrom. then i'm pretty sure the queues take forever no matter what.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yikes you must be maelstrom/adder? Flame queues are usually instant or just a few minutes during prime time on the primal data center. Could do chocobo log during the wait maybe (15% of a level weekly log), but that only takes like 15 minutes to complete. Atma farm in between?

Could do chocobo log during the wait maybe
    Not unless you wanna be kicked from the DF.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Very true, I forget about that lol!

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Never tell someone you're new. It doesn't sound like the right thing to do but if you know the fight via reading/watching they won't know any different. The exception is right after a patch, eg the 2.4 dungeons you can get away with being new.
    Problem with this is the game straight up tells people if you are new to a dungeon with the First Time Bonus announcement at the start of a dungeon. Doesn't excuse the behavior though, none of the 4-man dungeons are particularly difficult so ditching because someone is new is high douche-baggery when you can pretty much complete all the mechanics as long as one or two people know what to do.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, it doesn't in the new dungeons though

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Well, it doesn't in the new dungeons though
    Once you figured out what to do, new dungeons are really easy. Not being able to type some basic instructions and eat a 30 mins penalty is what I call being a retard.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Never tell someone you're new. It doesn't sound like the right thing to do but if you know the fight via reading/watching they won't know any different. The exception is right after a patch, eg the 2.4 dungeons you can get away with being new.
    I didn't. That prompt came up saying someone was new to the dungeon and there was an increased reward for completion, which sent the healer into a pissy fit I suppose since the moment I exited out of the CS, he left without a word.

And yeah, I should have a FC/LS for that, but this was something I tried to do ~12:00 so most people were busy or asleep.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, I'm starting to think that the prompt for the bonus is a bad thing. It should be there for the pre-50 fights, but anything at 50 shouldn't give it, ever. The bonus should still be there to help motivate people.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...4-8e6d0511.jpg

3k commendation mount, I'm kinda pissed because collector's edition fat chocobo don't mean shit anymore I guess. When will we see Coeurl mount 2.0?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

wouldn't be surprised if one of the Heavensward beastmen factions rewards a snow coeurl

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Complaint: We got a set of the new food furnishings for in our house, and people keep running through taking a bite out of everything despite the big ass message about limited charges and such, wasting the crap out of everything.

Counter complaint: But the models for them change when depleted, which is a really cool extra detail SE decided to add in.

Counter counter complaint: The "empty" models are plain and ugly. Except for the wine. Piles of empty wine bottles are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    wouldn't be surprised if one of the Heavensward beastmen factions rewards a snow coeurl
    Maahes please

Only 5.99 in the cash shop.

Look forward to it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Only 5.99 in the cash shop.

Look forward to it.
    24.99*

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I can't give my retainer a Halcyon Rod because he's already holding one, and I can't take his out because I'm holding one.
    I can't make him equip the one in his inventory while accessing his equip menu.
    I have to go deposit my rod in armoire to be able to make this work.

Dumbfounded.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I can't give my retainer a Halcyon Rod because he's already holding one, and I can't take his out because I'm holding one.
    I can't make him equip the one in his inventory while accessing his equip menu.
    I have to go deposit my rod in armoire to be able to make this work.

Dumbfounded.
    Put yours in your other retainer's inventory instead?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

They are also a fisher and also holding the rod.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 575 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast