1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -2 hours, -6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 11 hours, 5 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 502 of 575 FirstFirst ... 452 492 500 501 502 503 504 512 552 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Freelancer is the greatest gift to pvp in a long time.

I really enjoy bouncing around from GC to GC and the 5min waits are awesome. Pvp is in its best place in a long time right now.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post

I really enjoy bouncing around from GC to GC and the 5min waits are awesome. Pvp is in its best place in a long time right now.
    I agree and i've not seen a single game where theres been a 24 man premade but tbqh all it takes is an 8man group to steamroll a 24person pug party because most of these people doing the garo shit or whatever are so so so so bad at pvp

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post

Only problem is I lose track of which GC I'm fighting for at times. Only indicator of it to my knowledge is the * by the GC score in the quest log info, and keeping an eye on where you start.

I don't know if the queue times are great as a result of Freelancer, or because everyone wants the GARO gear.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So now going to complain about something other than players.

Dragon's Aery, and dungeons with large mobs in general can kiss my black ass. I always skip the big dragons when I can now, unlike before. Large mobs push EVERYTHING else because monsters cannot share the same space with their hit boxes. This is known to make pulls/positioning of mobs to be all retarded no matter what I do. And when they do push over mobs, they do it while moving SIDEWAYS, so I have to mess around with positioning to get them to "straighten out" and face me. I've come to the dismaying conclusion that this is a waste time.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Only problem is I lose track of which GC I'm fighting for at times. Only indicator of it to my knowledge is the * by the GC score in the quest log info, and keeping an eye on where you start.

I don't know if the queue times are great as a result of Freelancer, or because everyone wants the GARO gear.

I always throw the "A" marker on my side in the middle (common thing I just make sure it happens). But yes very easy to get turned around as a FL.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Shit nigga, all I want is a single Seal Rock win.

0/24 since the GC restrictions were lifted.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just got one the moment I stopped free lancing and went with Limsa.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Did Expert roulette last night. Had a PUG BRD come in, had 25k health. I didn't even think about it until FCmate pointed it out and his DPS. We look. Fending ACCs on. We ask him to put on DEX so his damage wouldn't be shit. He only had one. "Oh, I must've desynthed them".
    http://i.imgur.com/dBd9HgL.png

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Wow, nothin about Ultima THE FIRST 24-MAN TRIAL in here?

Ultima. The epitome of lazy design. People are even reporting they got credit joining Dun Scaith at last boss.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Wow, nothin about Ultima THE FIRST 24-MAN TRIAL in here?

Ultima. The epitome of lazy design. People are even reporting they got credit joining Dun Scaith at last boss.
    Yeah largely was said in the 3.5 patch thread lol. It still boggles my mind and I GUESS it makes sense you'd still get credit as it was cleared as an objective on your list but it also doesn't make sense because you didn't technically do shit. I'm just glad the usual "PRAISE YOSHI! PRAISE SE! FFXIV IS THE BEST GAME TO EVERY EXIST!" people are upset about it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

There's still some people defending and even praising for it though.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

There's still some people defending and even praising for it though.
    I noticed that lol.

"It's Proto Ultima, he's not supposed to be tough."
    "To be fair it's proto ultima..."
    "Proto is short for prototype right?"
    "If it was an actual trial people would do it once and forget about it for the rest of the week."

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    "If it was an actual trial people would do it once and forget about it for the rest of the week."
    To be fair, this is the only fair argument I would debate on. What they did is lazy as all hell, but a 24-man trial queue sounds like a disaster.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

People are even reporting they got credit joining Dun Scaith at last boss.
    Well, that's because of the wording of the quest. It doesn't say "obtain x from Proto-Ultima" or anything, just "finish Dun Scaith." So therefore, Ultima has nothing to do with getting its item, which is bassackwards, IMO.

Edit: Can't believe I forgot this. So they changed the AI on the bitch before Diabolos. Her stupid "quick AoE around me giving vulnerability" move now happens THREE times instead of just at the beginning. Why the fuck does SE hate melees this patch cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    Why the fuck does SE hate melees this patch cycle?
    Given SE had been shitting on casters in the meta... can't say I have any sympathy for melees lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Edit: Can't believe I forgot this. So they changed the AI on the bitch before Diabolos. Her stupid "quick AoE around me giving vulnerability" move now happens THREE times instead of just at the beginning. Why the fuck does SE hate melees this patch cycle?
    She did it more than the one time at the beginning before this patch, but that may have only presented itself in slow groups. Late Sunday/Monday runs bring out the best! xD

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We talking about the one she always does after zipping halfway across the arena, or something else?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wiped to proto ultima enrage =/

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    We talking about the one she always does after zipping halfway across the arena, or something else?
    In the very beginning, not where she zips around, but just after a few hits it's the almost instantaneous hit. The zip around and do an AoE one; if you don't know that by now, there's no saving you.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

people who get angry about Void Ark because groups aren't taking the appropriate Pagan Knot

I mean really, that's what passes for alliance drama these days? really?

he got called the fuck out by half the raid, as well he should. all in all it was a good day