1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 41 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 507 of 575 FirstFirst ... 457 497 505 506 507 508 509 517 557 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yoshi does say "It's not like we can't do it" a lot.

Then why would people continue to pay for additional retainers if they give us better systems? They can literally import some of XI's inventory management systems if they wanted to. Look at the armoire, it's hardly used. But it's also the same reason they didn't give furniture inventory slots even if it makes sense, their servers are probably those $5 servers from china.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Why change something that's making them money into something that won't? Additional Retainers are probably a decent source of income for them.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    All nullified by diadem. Just spam diadem. Forever.
    Still need to hit i179 to enter Diadem, and then your sole is crushed by RNG.

And yeah, they could do the shit other MMOs do (Style wardrobes in general, GW2's craft mat storage, etc), but why would they when it's alleviate a possible source of additional income? I'm fully expecting them to borrow FFXI's paid onhand inventory increase as well for 4.0.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    and then your sole is crushed by RNG.
    Gonna be hard to walk with that being crushed.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Still need to hit i179 to enter Diadem, and then your sole is crushed by RNG.
    True, but it's very easy to hit 179. Just show up to some hunts and buy doman gear or better yet i210 AF or even Eikon gear with lore. You can probably get mb gear to get you to 179 quite easily as well.

As for the Diadem RNG... I'm starting to think either A. I have terrible fucking luck or B. it's somehow slightly weighted towards jobs you play a lot (they wouldn't bother with that though, would they?) I gear healer and caster and that's mostly what I play in content. The majority of the gear I get from Diadem is - guess what - healer and caster gear, that I can't use because I already have better shit. It's BS because I'm doing diadem to gear my other jobs D: At least my bard (which I play only in PVP) got a full set of diadem gear.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Still need to hit i179 to enter Diadem, and then your soul is crushed by RNG.

And yeah, they could do the shit other MMOs do (Style wardrobes in general, GW2's craft mat storage, etc), but why would they when it's alleviate a possible source of additional income? I'm fully expecting them to borrow FFXI's paid onhand inventory increase as well for 4.0.
    220 for fury now, 180 for matron, though you're not going to get much battling done there. You can spend brass spoils on nq i185 left-side armor now so look forward to the market being flooded with those.

...also fixed your quote unless you mean RNG is something you walk on that's rough on your shoes.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The fact that you STILL can't votekick in Diadem.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Probably not an issue on JP servers, so they don't care.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Probably not an issue on JP servers, so they don't care.
    Some afkers here and there but NOWHERE near as bad.

As with basically everything else in XIV lol.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I honestly haven't really done much Diadem since the first day 2.0 came out, but people make it sound like every group just afks waiting for the emergency mission on our servers and that sounds really boring. >.>

I've been busy doing other stuff and don't really care about a 280 weapon that you have a 0.00001% chance of even getting.

edit: It does seem very odd that every other instanced thing has the ability to boot players but not this for whatever reason.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I thought I'll be able to use the callback campaign to come back and finish the HW story but you can't use it if your account has been active in the last 90 days. Damn it

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I honestly haven't really done much Diadem since the first day 2.0 came out, but people make it sound like every group just afks waiting for the emergency mission on our servers and that sounds really boring. >.>

I've been busy doing other stuff and don't really care about a 280 weapon that you have a 0.00001% chance of even getting.

edit: It does seem very odd that every other instanced thing has the ability to boot players but not this for whatever reason.
    I think the gathering component is the reason why you can't boot players. The dev-given ability to freely change your role at any time means you shouldn't be allowed to be booted for the reason of changing your job, so they just removed the feature altogether. Rather than risk the small possibility of shitheads abusing honest players, the devs opted for the inevitability of honest players being abused by shitheads. And so it goes.

People afking or doing whatever is not a problem after the initial mission is over; people afking during the initial mission and taking the reward anyway is a problem, however. The people who afk do not see it as a problem because they're "only there for the emergency mission" and everything else is gravy, but the people who slaved to make the gravy only get the feeling of being taken advantage of. And then, when the EM does roll around (if it does at all), there's bad teamwork among the party because no one wants to help the guy who afk'd. But as long as he hits the mobs he's going to get credit anyway. The fact that SE can see this and still have chosen to not do anything about it is just as shitty. But Diadem will be dead soon anyway so whatever.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I haven't kept statistics, but I don't think my head is playing tricks on me when it on my datacenter (old legacy) it happens more often than not.
    Typical issues I encounter:
    Tank/Healer changes job once inside, asks someone else to do it (just wanted the quick queue).
    AFKs at entry (moves every now and then to avoid idle kick).
    Just stands around looking on.
    Runs off to do other stuff without the group before completion.
    Refuse to do anything unless emergency mission pops.

Stuff I didn't see myself but heard about:
    Changes to DOL shortly after entering the combat version and goes gathering right away (entering the dol version does't give the 10 lockboxes from the reward bag).

You can't votekick them, and they still get the rewards for completion. I want the mount for my alts, but the lazy afkers really irk me and make everything take longer.

On my datacentre there's some people who do the afk thing in pvp too (seems to be a bunch of adders from Gilgamesh), and you usually can't get people to votekick them, it does a bad number when you get 8v8v8 :/

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Alliance wiped on first boss in Dun Sparce. Wiped again on first boss after locking out 5 people.

I logged off and watched Series 8 episode 7 of Top Gear where they have to build a Caterham kit car before the Stig drove one to their garage from hours away.

Much better use of time. Fuck Dun Sparce. Fuck 24 man raids. Fuck most of the playerbase.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Aw come on it's not that bad. But it is early in the day! I find it gets better towards late at night

Much better this than the snoozefest that was Void Ark.

(I also only do DS on reset days lol)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The other day I queued into an inprogress Dun Scaith. Alliance A was completely gone except for one edgelord DRK who was bitching at everyone. Apparently they had wiped to Scatty 5 times. They vote-kicked him after enough people had popped in and we finished the raid with a completely new alliance A that carried the rest of the team. Business as usual~

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Went into DF for AS1 light farm early as I only had 30 mins before leaving for work. Despite having echo one of the match I had, we managed to wipe and 0.5 came at 47% of Oppressor remaining life. We tried 3 times before the 1st DPS bailed.
    It was only once out of 6 try, I just wonder how people can be this bad its reaching new levels.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    The fact that you STILL can't votekick in Diadem.
    THIS so fucking much, trying to help friends round off mounts and minions, there's almost always a !"¤# leecher. If this is how it will be in 4.0, I might finally find the ragequit button.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    THIS so fucking much, trying to help friends round off mounts and minions, there's almost always a !"¤# leecher. If this is how it will be in 4.0, I might finally find the ragequit button.
    It will be if Eureka uses a separate queue system from DF/RF.