1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -6 hours, -2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 15 hours, 1 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 514 of 575 FirstFirst ... 464 504 512 513 514 515 516 524 564 ... LastLast
    The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I thought I read somewhere it would be overmeld onry?
    didn't they say that they would add "High Materia" and it would be so strong you would only get to meld one per gear piece?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So today I learnt that Nidhigg HM can reach +50% echo, and that despite being in a party of DPS with iLv230+ I could still be top DPS as DRK..

I joined primal roulette in progress and landed in a party with 32 mins left and I was like why not? Well, even after telling countless of times the idiots to stack together for akh mor in order to survive, from 32 mins down to when the game kicked us out we kept wipping on this mechanic.

Funny how Yoshida want to nerf tank DPS and to sell PLing potions, the game isn't bad enough already...

On the bright side it was fun to have 55k HP and to hit for 12k crits, I guess its why I stayed...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah people are bad. Did a Baelsar's wall trying to get scripture for my MNK and the fucking summoner would Ruin 3 not under dreadwyrm and didn't use death flare once.

PL potions/Story skips are good though. A lot of people who joined during legion wouldn't have not for that free skip token. People are just bad. =/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I thought as long as mp wasnt an issue ruin3 without dread was fine

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

ruin3 is ok, ignoring deathflare is not :D

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    PL potions/Story skips are good though.
    Inb4 you get PLed people starting Lv60 up to 70 and infesting everything not knowing how to even 1-2-3 in semi serious content.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    So today I learnt that Nidhigg HM can reach +50% echo, and that despite being in a party of DPS with iLv230+ I could still be top DPS as DRK..

I joined primal roulette in progress and landed in a party with 32 mins left and I was like why not? Well, even after telling countless of times the idiots to stack together for akh mor in order to survive, from 32 mins down to when the game kicked us out we kept wipping on this mechanic.

Funny how Yoshida want to nerf tank DPS and to sell PLing potions, the game isn't bad enough already...

On the bright side it was fun to have 55k HP and to hit for 12k crits, I guess its why I stayed...
    That's about as bad as the Fractal run I had where I outdpsed both DPS and experiencing for the first time that you can run out of mobs for the second boss to munch on. 4x wipes because took 15min to kill the boss.

Had 42 minutes remaining. In a dungeon totally made for speed running.

Playing on the chaos data center, I feel as though the average skill level is dropping.

Also.. I'm one of those DRKs that can't trust being out of Grit, but I actually took a chance in this group. Is it bad that DPS can be so bad, that you want to see just how far you can go without using your threat combo?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its 2 weeks before Stormblood. We're gonna see a slow infusion of players coming back but not much else right now. I ran my first Expert Roulette in 2 months because I needed scripture for my MNK. Holy hell I was stuck with a SMN who wouldn't deathflare.

Also I might've caused the group to pull all the trash in Baelsar's Wall up to the first gate. The MNK did 2.5k DPS but the summoner somehow managed 1.1k against all those adds. I went OoM, the tank died, and somehow we killed them all.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Jesus christ at this fucking queueing time for Final Steps of Faith

Says less than 5 minutes and then has just gradually increased up to 30 mins. Thought it maybe glitched out so withdrew and started requeueing. Exact same thing happenning, started out at less than 5 minutes and just slowly increasing in time, up to 23 mins right now.

I just want to catch up on the fucking story

EDIT: Reset the queue and it went back to under 5 minutes. The way the average wait time syncs up with average wait time makes it seem like I'm the only person in the queue... Either way, close to 2 hours of waiting now. Fuck this shit, I'm out

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post

Says less than 5 minutes and then has just gradually increased up to 30 mins. Thought it maybe glitched out so withdrew and started requeueing. Exact same thing happenning, started out at less than 5 minutes and just slowly increasing in time, up to 23 mins right now.

EDIT: Reset the queue and it went back to under 5 minutes. The way the average wait time syncs up with average wait time makes it seem like I'm the only person in the queue... Either way, close to 2 hours of waiting now. Fuck this shit, I'm out
    That is highly unusual. You probably should just put up a cross server party finder.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

I'm trying to do The Limitless Blue (Extreme), gave up after queueing for 3 hours. I assume its not part of any main storyline at this point

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes, extreme battles are not

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

PF the Extremes

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Probably because its "extreme-like" and thus high fail rate in DF, so no one bothers with it anymore, like myself. Kind of like the first one(except, imo, childs play mechanics). SE had to nerf that one.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    I'm trying to do The Limitless Blue (Extreme), gave up after queueing for 3 hours. I assume its not part of any main storyline at this point

Try to do this on tuesday(s), I haven't really done any journal stuff the last few weeks, but reset day at least used to see a lot of Extreme PFs since it's a quick easy way to get your mark in the book.
    You might also have a little luck on tuesday steps since people might try for the bonuses (or you can try to set up a PF with the bonus thingie, with a little luck you'll pick up people who would want the extra second chance).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    As a dps, jump into any Wondrous Tails run for it in PF. They are up all the time. They'll carry you and prob won't even ask any questions, fight's easy now
    Same with Ravana.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

hey, good idea. I'll have a looksie tomorrow after the reset

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Got in there within like 10 minutes this morning. Mechanics were easy for me but I can see how most DF people wouldn't like that as it actually requires people to dodge and coordinate. Took us 4 tries due to lack of dodging and it taking people 2 wipes to Akh Morn to understand what stacking means. Super weird seeing Akh outside Bahamut though!

Epic music and decent fight at least makes up for it.

Storyline wise

Spoiler: show
    Can't possibly see how tossing Nidhogg's eyes off a bridge for anyone to find could possibly be problematic in the future. You know instead of just destroying them whilst we had them in hand...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hafa Nana
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

I’m sure that your observation is correct and Average Wait Time literally shows the average time that players who are currently queued for the duty have spent waiting for it. So if you are the only one queued for the duty, Average Wait Time will start from “Less than 5m” and then just follow your own “Time Expired”.

However, in this case players can get into the duty not only by queuing for it specifically, but also via Trial and Mentor duty roulettes. Unfortunately there is no way for you to know, which duty the matchmaker will assign them to and when. If you are lucky, you can get an instant queue pop up with their help, and if you are not you may wait hours upon hours (but eventually it should happen).

The activity of players on the EU datacenter varies a lot depending on the time of the day: while you can sometimes realistically get into a 4-man dungeon (that is a part of a popular duty roulette) in less than 5 minutes using any class at prime time, you may waste hours waiting for the same queue during lull time (late at night and very early in the morning). It seems to me that player activity picks up a reasonable pace at about 12 am server time: this is when you can see queues realistically start popping up for 24-man dungeons. Later on during the day the player activity only increases, with its peak at about 6 – 10 pm serer time. There is also a peak of player activity on Tuesdays after the weekly bonuses/limitations reset (at 8 am server time), and more people play during the day on weekends.

I also assume that your wait time should be lower on the average if you have only English language selected is the duty finder settings. I think that if you sign up for specific duties via duty finder, you are being assigned and shifted from time to time at certain intervals between particular parties. English is the most popular language on the datacenter, and if you have only it selected you won’t be assigned to parties with a different language preference (like German only), that have a lower chance/speed to fill up.

The matchmaker should give players who haven’t completed the duty yet a priority over others, but I don’t know if it takes this into account when deciding where to add up players from duty roulettes.

Got in there within like 10 minutes this morning. Mechanics were easy for me but I can see how most DF people wouldn't like that as it actually requires people to dodge and coordinate. Took us 4 tries due to lack of dodging and it taking people 2 wipes to Akh Morn to understand what stacking means. Super weird seeing Akh outside Bahamut though!

Epic music and decent fight at least makes up for it.
    And here’s the happy end! Anyways good luck with your queues!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

You know, ever since they shoved ex primals back into DF to appease the "Carry-Me majority" of the playerbase, Queue times have been all kinds of fuckey I noticed. I PF/FC stuff i need or want to do but when no one is on I try to DF (for bonus lore since ex primals AREN'T that hard) but...eh.

The matchmaker should give players who haven’t completed the duty yet a priority over others, but I don’t know if it takes this into account when deciding where to add up players from duty roulettes.
    This was the purpose of the Raid Finder in reverse (You can choose incomplete or complete), it worked EXTREMELY well - But people couldn't get carried so they cried until it got moved back to the DF. It's also because this game doesn't have as big of a population people want to believe just because 2 servers have a lot of people. But since Ex primals does take a bit more skill than say Dun Scaith, people are queuing far more for 24 man than ex primals i noticed at least on Aether DC.