1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 0 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 522 of 575 FirstFirst ... 472 512 520 521 522 523 524 532 572 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Now that xworld party finder is a thing, is there even a reason to be on an extra-populated world? Hearing all the queue gripes makes me so glad I'm on a less populated world; my queue time is rarely longer than 5mins. (not trying to brag, honest question lol)

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm in the US and on a European Server (Ragnarok). On evenings queue times and congestion have been zero. Later on it might be an issue as DF queues are generally very long on evenings once numbers die down again but right now it's working to my benefit.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Now that xworld party finder is a thing, is there even a reason to be on an extra-populated world? Hearing all the queue gripes makes me so glad I'm on a less populated world; my queue time is rarely longer than 5mins. (not trying to brag, honest question lol)
    people. i dont play XIV as a single player game and convincing everyone to move, even with free transfers, is impossible.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I guess that's the only good reason, but I think a lot of people are on big/legacy servers and don't even have a support base of friends there, they're just there because they were put there and never moved. It would probably ease some of the congestion if people spread out to other servers a bit more. For all the complaints that there's no overworld interaction and it's all just DF with randos, people still do kinda get attached to their servers I guess?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    people. i dont play XIV as a single player game and convincing everyone to move, even with free transfers, is impossible.
    All I need really is cross-server LS just to make it easier to chat/coordinate random things to queue together on (since overworld shit is all soloing outside of the odd fate/hunt). Wasn't that supposed to be happening at some point?

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I want to get my friends into ffxiv so bad for more people to play with since all I have is forum peeps, but I'm on gilg and idk if they'll ever be able to get on. Almost makes me want to transfer but you never know how long they'll play.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I mean if you don't have any reason to be on gilgamesh you probably should transfer. There's literally zero benefit to being on an overpopulated server and it will probably cost you less stress in the long run to be on a lower pop world. In the overpopulated worlds, hunts die faster, world queues are longer, crashes happen more often, housing is harder to get and a bigger population generally means more douches, too.

I guess if you're into RP there's more of that. But that's usually more of a reason to leave for most people lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I reckon people pile up on big servers because seeing lots of player activity is motivating. A low pop server will be empty in some areas and it'll make some one want to move.

I chuckle a bit when I read OF threads and like 30 out 40 post is balmung players. I been on that server too and frankly its not as good as people make it out to be.

Was moving around a lot last year, then one day decided to pick a random world to stick with for good.

Been on ragnarok for few months now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I am not okay with this.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I want to get my friends into ffxiv so bad for more people to play with since all I have is forum peeps, but I'm on gilg and idk if they'll ever be able to get on. Almost makes me want to transfer but you never know how long they'll play.
    Kinda why i like being on gilgamesh is because bg peeps i talk to, and more. But i've been trying to get 3 rl friends in, but unfortunately, it'll be a bit before they even get in the server. I can't blame anyone for wanting their friends in, but the server is locked. Honestly tho, i would try and wait, we'll be seeing a ton of movement within the next few weeks, and hopefully you can get your friends in.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Blah. SCH feels so bland now. Hoping it gets better at 70...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Blah. SCH feels so bland now. Hoping it gets better at 70...
    I feel the same

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

god i fucking hate the music for this expa-

Okay hate's a strong word. It's still good enough I suppose, but it's so samey. Sokken's boners for lietmotifs wasn't so bad in heavensward where the songs were sufficently distinguished, but just about every song in this expansion is a really, really obvious variation on that one rift in the stormblood theme. There are a few exceptions but for the most part it's, just...

It's so boring, I wish he'd get over his fetish for reusing leitmotifs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm disappointed that job quests don't give skills anymore. I understand why they did it, but I wish they would at least replace it with something, e.g a weapon or whatever. Always felt like something to look forward to

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

For another thing, tank damage and aggro fucking blows ass now.

I can't hold aoe threat from flash spam if some idiot's attacking a single mob any-more and that's just outrageous. Even with the new holy spirit toys I don't dare dump out of tank stance without 4+ rage of halones first because it's already kind of tough keeping aggro inside of tank stance, much less out of it.

I don't imagine it'll be a problem in raids when shirk and shadowwalker exist, but it's absolutely miserable to see my damage chunked so badly, it makes the MSQ take way longer than it should, and to add insult to injury they've made the same ultrabone headed mistake of making tank AP scale at a 1:1 ratio with strength. And now you don't even get to use the tomestone accessories. Have fun vomitng out a million gil or two for a full set of HQ accessories.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by nyttyn View Post
    god i fucking hate the music for this expa-

Okay hate's a strong word. It's still good enough I suppose, but it's so samey. Sokken's boners for lietmotifs wasn't so bad in heavensward where the songs were sufficently distinguished, but just about every song in this expansion is a really, really obvious variation on that one rift in the stormblood theme. There are a few exceptions but for the most part it's, just...

It's so boring, I wish he'd get over his fetish for reusing leitmotifs.
    All the music for Alh Mhigo is pretty terribad. It's a 1-2 minute loop that just feels and sounds super repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by nyttyn View Post
    For another thing, tank damage and aggro fucking blows ass now.
    You have no idea how much better this makes me feel because I'm having same issues, I can't remember how geared people I've run with in DF were but I can Scorn, Flashx2 and I'm not really set to Total Eclipse like I thought I would be, I'll usually always lose at least one guy.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not just you. SE fucked with aggro generation on AOE threat skills, it's affecting all tanks. Single target is fine.

SE dont want big pulls.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Just had a BLM in the level 67 dungeon that I'm almost certain didn't cast a single Fire IV.
    Nearly built enough LB to use LB2 and then another LB1 on the final boss.
    It's not like Enochian is even really a thing now so I'm just completely baffled.

Just happened again in Kugane, really hard not to lose a stray to an actual good DPS it seems. I'm not sure I'm enjoying tanking the dungeons right now. (besides boss fights)