1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 54 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 525 of 575 FirstFirst ... 475 515 523 524 525 526 527 535 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The field music is alright to me but they need to allow us to turn off battle music. The one for stormblood is even more annoying than HW.

And for the folks that like to pull for me, I think the best way to deal with this is simply not using cooldowns. Fuck it.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There are so many things wrong with SCH's Aetherpact that I don't know where to start. It just further compounds the stupidity that is the game's pet AI.

SMN has it just as bad with needing Contagion on a mob *before* they hit up DWT.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Tanking in Stormblood at 70 is probably the worst experience I've ever had in a vidya game.

Just fucking delete DRK and WAR already Yoshi-Pee. Maybe with just one tank we can have fun again and VIT-based Attack Power scaling.
    Is it that bad? I am considering getting DRK to 70 after RDM but any tips you could share would help, is the damage for DRK/WAR bad now?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Got to 70 as a Paladin, allegedly the "best" tank in stormblood right now, and holy shit is it a miserable experience.

The kit itself is fine. Fantastic, even. Tanking, on the other hand, is a bag of dicks. In the past, you'd only really run into SOME aggro issues if you were massively out-geared - now, without using my low damage high threat combo multiple times (2+ against a single target, more against a boss), I'll lose threat to dps who are the same ilvl or so as me, and god forbid I party with someone even 10 ilvls ahead. It gets even worse in AoE pulls - in the past, you'd be fine if some chuckle-fuck was spamming single target and another was doing AoE, but now if your pants on head DPS aren't all on the same page, threat management becomes a nightmare, and sometimes damn near impossible if they decide to focus separate targets. Add to that, Requiescat Holy Spirit is only doing about as much damage as (non-berserk!) fell cleaves were doing back at level 60, so it feels like I just spent ten levels just to catch back up to where I was, with upgrades feeling incredibly slow thanks to the fact that accessories barely contribute to damage now.

Speaking of which the gap between i270 slaying accessories and literally any tank accessory for the entirety of this expansion is fucking massive. Take the i310 earrings for example - 77 crit, 111 skill speed, 25 strength. Why 25 strength, when there's none on it? That's the only amount any tank accessory will able to reach in this expansion, since you have to meld a strength VI materia into the only materia slot any of them have (unless they suddenly decide to give accessories more than one materia slot). Compare the i270 slaying earrings, which grant you +78 strength and +59 skill speed (discounting the direct hit since as far as I can tell tanks can't actually land them), with a free materia slot for +40 det, crit, or tenacity. That's a difference of 53 strength, for a barely notable loss in secondary stats. That is a grand total of 265 strength that you lose by "upgrading" past the i270 accessories - and in exchange, you gain what, 25% more HP? And if you're terribly bothered by that you can soothe the blow by slotting in vit materia for 125 materia in your rightside accessories.

It's vit vs str accessories all over again boys and this time square enix fucked it up even harder, since now you get the fun and compelling experience of being stuck with i270 rightside gear forever. Did anyone stop to realize how incredibly fucking stupid that is? Did anyone at square enix actually look at the state of tanking and two of the tanks in Stormblood? Or did they think that somehow, by barring tanks access to slaying accessories past i270, they'd somehow "fix" the issue and everything would be fine and dandy and they could repeat their same fuck-up of making vit provide 0 attack power?

What infuriates me the most is that the fact that not only is this the same fuck-up a second time, it's bleeding obvious that nobody at square enix took five minutes to think this through - I'm just some random dumb-ass who barely knows numbers and even I can tell how fucking stupid this is, on top of it being their second time making the same mistake.

fuck this shit i'm re-rolling samurai.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is there any job actually happy with the changes, lol? I think people say AST didn't get fucked and some say WHM is actually better than what everyone expected when it comes to the fun of playing the job. I'm so bitter about SCH

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Unleash generates less threat(overall potency) than Abyssal drain..(1390 vs 1620). DRKs should switch from Unleash to Abyssal Drain. I bet SE didn't nerf Abyssal Drain's damage because you'd never have enough MP to spam Dark Arts + Abyssal Drain(3,088MP total; about 3-4 casts) for any reasonable amount of self sustain, especially with them nerfing Blood Price. As for power slash, I've been throwing in Unmend(2025 threat potency) after power slash combo. Figure every little bit helps at this point.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Is there any job actually happy with the changes, lol? I think people say AST didn't get fucked and some say WHM is actually better than what everyone expected when it comes to the fun of playing the job. I'm so bitter about SCH
    As an AST main, I am very happy. We lost a dot but gained an OP AOE heal/nuke and another way to (sometimes) nuke or throw an extra heal by making use of a shitty card. Hell, they didn't even need to add Undraw since any card you don't want you can just turn into a nuke or heal. Otherwise the job hasn't changed at all. AST is probably the best off of any job right now except maybe RDM.

WHM is also basically the same. The lilies...I mean, they're kind of dumb but I haven't played enough where they're useful so idk yet. WHM is the most fun healer in PVP though since it basically switched with SCH for shield utility. SCH got fucked on all fronts :D but I don't play SCH so I thankfully don't have to feel outraged.

Honestly of the new jobs I thought I was gonna play RDM and maybe even main it, but it doesn't click with me so far. SAM on the other hand clicked instantly, possibly because I was motivated by the amazing animations. It just looks so coool...I wanna play it all the time...

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

WAR AF looks kind of fucking terrible

Spoiler: show

What is this visor? Why is there a sword hanging from my ass?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It's like they let Tetsuya Nomura be a guest designer.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Did a new dungeon last night, didn't realize I was close to being full on Poetics. Missed out on the bonus. In my mind I kept hearing DJ Khaled saying "You played YO SELF!"

So what can a level 57 spend Poetics on and not be a waste? I *just* unlocked Heavensward content last night so if there is a HW equivalent to Rowena's stuff I need to find it. At this point I was just hoping to coast on my level 50 120ilvl stuff at least until 60.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    So what can a level 57 spend Poetics on and not be a waste? I *just* unlocked Heavensward content last night so if there is a HW equivalent to Rowena's stuff I need to find it. At this point I was just hoping to coast on my level 50 120ilvl stuff at least until 60.
    The HW equivalent to Rowena's stuff (it's still Rowena's stuff, just in a new zone) is Idyllshire. They sell the level 60 stuff (iLv260) for Poetics in Idyllshire, but depending on how far you are in the Heavensward story, you'll have a few more story-required dungeons and trials (Ravana trial [53-54], sohm al [53-54], the aery [55-56], the vault [57-58], Bismark trial [57-58]) cockblocking your access to that zone.

I don't know what to tell you to buy to burn off several hundred poetics, but I'd suggest hanging onto most of them for when that zone opens up for you if you plan on plowing through the main story questline. You could burn some poetics on those orchestration rolls they sell in Mor Dhona, if you're into that.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by nyttyn View Post
    Got to 70 as a Paladin, allegedly the "best" tank in stormblood right now, and holy shit is it a miserable experience.

The kit itself is fine. Fantastic, even. Tanking, on the other hand, is a bag of dicks. In the past, you'd only really run into SOME aggro issues if you were massively out-geared - now, without using my low damage high threat combo multiple times (2+ against a single target, more against a boss), I'll lose threat to dps who are the same ilvl or so as me, and god forbid I party with someone even 10 ilvls ahead. It gets even worse in AoE pulls - in the past, you'd be fine if some chuckle-fuck was spamming single target and another was doing AoE, but now if your pants on head DPS aren't all on the same page, threat management becomes a nightmare, and sometimes damn near impossible if they decide to focus separate targets. Add to that, Requiescat Holy Spirit is only doing about as much damage as (non-berserk!) fell cleaves were doing back at level 60, so it feels like I just spent ten levels just to catch back up to where I was, with upgrades feeling incredibly slow thanks to the fact that accessories barely contribute to damage now.

Speaking of which the gap between i270 slaying accessories and literally any tank accessory for the entirety of this expansion is fucking massive. Take the i310 earrings for example - 77 crit, 111 skill speed, 25 strength. Why 25 strength, when there's none on it? That's the only amount any tank accessory will able to reach in this expansion, since you have to meld a strength VI materia into the only materia slot any of them have (unless they suddenly decide to give accessories more than one materia slot). Compare the i270 slaying earrings, which grant you +78 strength and +59 skill speed (discounting the direct hit since as far as I can tell tanks can't actually land them), with a free materia slot for +40 det, crit, or tenacity. That's a difference of 53 strength, for a barely notable loss in secondary stats. That is a grand total of 265 strength that you lose by "upgrading" past the i270 accessories - and in exchange, you gain what, 25% more HP? And if you're terribly bothered by that you can soothe the blow by slotting in vit materia for 125 materia in your rightside accessories.

It's vit vs str accessories all over again boys and this time square enix fucked it up even harder, since now you get the fun and compelling experience of being stuck with i270 rightside gear forever. Did anyone stop to realize how incredibly fucking stupid that is? Did anyone at square enix actually look at the state of tanking and two of the tanks in Stormblood? Or did they think that somehow, by barring tanks access to slaying accessories past i270, they'd somehow "fix" the issue and everything would be fine and dandy and they could repeat their same fuck-up of making vit provide 0 attack power?

What infuriates me the most is that the fact that not only is this the same fuck-up a second time, it's bleeding obvious that nobody at square enix took five minutes to think this through - I'm just some random dumb-ass who barely knows numbers and even I can tell how fucking stupid this is, on top of it being their second time making the same mistake.

fuck this shit i'm re-rolling samurai.
    SE just thought it was better to listen to the OFTards and just remove any fun from tanking by nuking our damage, you just need to see how infectious these guys can be with their never ending stupidity and tunnel ideals. Maybe one day when OF people realise that the tank DPS was "absolutely necessary" (because it was!) due to all the bads and chuckle-fucks and when the number of tanks which was already abyssmall compared to DPS will be even lower then maybe they will realise and start moaning because they made their bed.

I am so happy I rerolled RDM, I was a very bad sign already when they tried to force us to use VIT by making STR a 0.45 gain in atk power when the solution would have been to swap STR stats over VIT for tanks only.

@Anoat

From 57 to 60 you could spam F51-60 of POTD, you'd get bout 700k exp for 15 mins of your time, then go on with the natural progression from Dungeons to Dungeons. With a full set of iLv130 you can carry on until the lv55 dungeons, then you'll have to farm/buy

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    WHM is also basically the same. The lilies...I mean, they're kind of dumb but I haven't played enough where they're useful so idk yet. WHM is the most fun healer in PVP though since it basically switched with SCH for shield utility. SCH got fucked on all fronts :D but I don't play SCH so I thankfully don't have to feel outraged.
    So, White Mage:

Basic kit was good to begin with, and is still good. Assize being on a 60s CD now is great. Thin Air is hands down the best thing from the expansion so far. That's where the good stops.

The loss of Divine Seal really stings, since Largesse is 10% less healing potency on a 50% longer cd. Lilies are bad. Really bad. They force you to make bad decisions, and then encourage you to not use your ogcds when/how you want to because you'll lose access to your only shield. Or you'll use Divine Benison and lose any efficiency the lilies even hoped to offer, because the skill eats your whole stack with no added benefit. Hilariously, the PVP version of Divine Benison is better in every way: 10% more HP blocked, 10s less cd, and actually uses lilies to reduce it's cd as well.

Plenary Indulgence is hot garbage. Sometimes, I'll get two confession stacks on the tank in three gcds. Other times, I won't get a single stack in 40. Then, if I do get a confession, it will usually expire before I see any real value from it because of it's 30s duration and 20% application chance...all that for a free ogcd cure I.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

So the answer is to play WHM normally as if the lily and confession changes don't exist and minus divine seal?

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    So the answer is to play WHM normally as if the lily and confession changes don't exist and minus divine seal?
    Basically ignore everything added in the expansion, yea.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    WAR AF looks kind of fucking terrible

Spoiler: show

What is this visor? Why is there a sword hanging from my ass?
    The visor is stupid. The body is boring and makes no sense. But the blade hanging down from the butt area is actually a replacement axe head. It looks just like the blade on the AF set axe. Its a neat idea. Granted, hanging a sharp object off your ass where it will hit your legs while running is dumb.

Trying to play past 9pm is becoming a struggle lately. It's a shame that server issues are messing up what is so far a fun story.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Played a bit with the dummy since ACT got updated, I'm parsing 1800-1900 with defiance and 2400-2500 with deliverance, haven't seen any parsers around but the difference between defiance and deliverance seems kind of small, and it'd get even smaller if you had to stance swap, SE really doesn't want stance dancing to be a thing.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I get roughly the same as PLD, in Susano I've had as high as 2.2k by the end of the fight, that fight can be tanked in sword oath if your healers are on top of things in the second phase, first phase is a bit scary with his mini tank buster.

Fuck anyone who intentionally feeds in Feast.