1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 9 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 0 hours, 2 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 528 of 575 FirstFirst ... 478 518 526 527 528 529 530 538 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Weird question / complaint about the story of this game... why does everyone in the story walk or fly with airships etc instead of teleport to the other cities? Is the player the only character that can teleport? Or "can't" we teleport in the story and it's only a "gameplay feature"? While playing the story it feels like no one knows that the player can teleport around...

They do acknowledge teleporting at some point during Stormblood's story. They say you're replete with anima (an old mechanic that was used to TP before it was just gil), I think it's a throwback to that.

Their way of saying that not everyone has enough energy to TP around like the PC does.

edit: randomly, whoever did the level design for the Lochs can eat a dick and burn in a fire. Looking for currents here is 10x worse than anything I remember in HW.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes, Lochs were definitely the worst area for that, screw it

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Heslon View Post
    Weird question / complaint about the story of this game... why does everyone in the story walk or fly with airships etc instead of teleport to the other cities? Is the player the only character that can teleport? Or "can't" we teleport in the story and it's only a "gameplay feature"? While playing the story it feels like no one knows that the player can teleport around...
    I just like to think that everyone else is too poor to do it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

1,559 player queue - ragnarok. Never thought I'd see that.

Been playing around with SAM, and frankly, Diversion needs a shorter cooldown.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post

I would settle for these fucking people to set Diversion, let alone use it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I would settle for square enix putting something truly fucking stupid like a 500x threat multiplier on tank skills so we can finally be done with shitty dps refusing to put forth even the tininest bit of effort into threat management.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by nyttyn View Post
    I would settle for square enix putting something truly fucking stupid like a 500x threat multiplier on tank skills so we can finally be done with shitty dps refusing to put forth even the tininest bit of effort into threat management.
    Thats possibly one of the worst part in this situation, but you see people never wanted to take responsabilities, I remember being shouted at or even insulted whenever I asked two DPS to focus on the same mobs in early dungeons, now we are back to this situation but why should it change? There is not telling whats running in their tunnel minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post

It went to 2400 two days ago, waited about 2h40 to get in, im on Rag too

Balmung queues are horrid as fuck, and with transfer incentives i'm outta here! Where are people at around here or what other servers are good without crazy queues?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Siren has a pretty good balance of players. It might be a goldilocks server. There's only a touch of people who RP, there's a decent number of raiders, there's a couple douchey big LSes if you're into that, enough nice people to counterbalance that, and generally there's enough resources to go around for everyone.

There's probably better places to go, but I don't think it's too bad a choice. However only me and one or two other people on BG are on Siren XD

Weren't only certain servers incentivized though? I might be remembering wrong.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I know AOEs are nerfed to hell after the first hit, but it's pretty glaring when I'm paired with another SAM and I'm the only one using AOEs. 2x SAM should be melting packs. I hate my ffxiv life.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Balmung queues are horrid as fuck, and with transfer incentives i'm outta here! Where are people at around here or what other servers are good without crazy queues?
    If you want the transfer incentives (uncapped gil transfer, transfer costs nothing, etc.), then you have to transfer from a congested world (Balmung or Gilgamesh) to a "preferred world" (Coeurl, Goblin, Mateus, or Zalera). All of the "preferred worlds" are small enough to never have logon queues (though when you log in, you do often get that dumb "queue of 1" thing, that if you cancel and try again lets you right in).

SE, unfortunately, hasn't made all of this information easy to find, because none of it is well advertised and the important info is spread across a few different pages and none of them actually link to each other, as far as I could tell.

Info on transferring from a congested to preferred world
    Info on which servers count as which type
    Info on server transfers in general

I transferred from Balmung to Coeurl using this system two days ago and it's fantastic. I went from 2+hr wait queues to none. If you're considering this, there are a few things that I, or my friends, ran into that I'll mention below to hopefully save you from going "FUCK, I didn't do everything required and it won't let me transfer until it's fixed so I have to sit through another fucking 2-hour queue just to fix it!!". Most of these things are included in the "Info on server transfers in general" link, but that's a lot to digest, so these are the problems we ran into.

1) You cannot be in a FC when you server transfer. One of my friends forgot to leave before she logged out.
    2) If you have a room with your FC, you have to destroy it in order to leave (Go in your FC house > Social menu > Estate settings or something > Destroy room) and in order to destroy the room, you have to remove all the furnishings.
    3) If you got kicked from an FC while you had a room, or you had personal housing that was auto-relinquished due to inactivity, you MUST go to the Resident Caretaker in a housing area and clear him out even if there is nothing to reclaim. The person mentioned in #1 had us boot her from the FC, and despite her FC room being COMPLETELY EMPTY she still had to log back in and go to the Resident Caretaker even though there was nothing to reclaim (or so she said).
    4) You need to make sure none of your retainers are selling anything.
    5) If you have characters from 1.0, you have to reclaim everything on the Calamity Salvager and re-hire your retainers. I was unable to transfer one of my old alts due to this. I said fuck it and left him on Balmung; you get to choose which characters to transfer.
    6) If your chocobo is stabled somewhere, I'd take them out first. This isn't mentioned anywhere, but I don't actually know what happens to your chocobo if you don't, so this step doesn't hurt.
    7) Make sure you have a couple free inventory spaces, since transferring from congested -> preferred will throw some gold chocobo feathers in your inventory. Not sure what happens if you don't have room.
    8) There's plenty of other stuff that can prevent you from transferring, so be sure to read the general world transfer info. On the plus side, they're very up-front about what you need to fix if you are denied from transferring, so it's easy to determine what the problem is.

If any of these (and more!) aren't fulfilled, the system will prevent you from transferring. Now for the fun part. Do you not have an apartment and want a free 500k? If you're doing the congested -> preferred world thing, they'll refund you for certain housing stuff (note: apartments are not FC rooms, they do NOT refund you for FC rooms). If you have an apartment, they'll refund you 500k as well as another 500k for "cannot be retrieved once placed" furnishings you might have lost even if you didn't lose any furnishings. I didn't have an apartment, so I bought one right before transferring. I paid 500k for it, and when I logged into Coeurl, they refunded me 1Mil. Haha, free money! Note that Balmung's apartments are mostly occupied (I can't speak for the new zones -- we didn't have access at the time). The one I was able to grab was in the Gridania housing zone, section 11 and it should be freed up again since I left. My wife ended up finding one in the Goblet as well.

Oh, one last thing we ran into. You can't create a new FC for 24 hours after leaving an FC. Just FYI.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

ok so i played my sch yesterday again. and i can only cast miasma bio 2 and shadowflare... is sch DPS nerfed or did they up the ptency of those spells. Because i find myself boggled on what to do since no stance dancing and only 2 dots to cast. standing there like "wrf should i do with this time"

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Welcome to Stormblood >.>

Although when tanks started doing longer pulls in roulette again I at least had my hands full healing, so I guess only having to use 3 dps abilities was good. Overall, still getting used to the new playstyle and when you get tanks that play safe you will get bored out of your mind

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Overall, still getting used to the new playstyle and when you get tanks that play safe you will get bored out of your mind
    I did play DRK 60 for the 1st time since SB, yesterday just to help a friend getting a fast queue, and holy shit... Unleash doing barely 80 damage per targets, half of my abilities gone such as shadowskin which was a nice ability.
    Shadowall being shared across the 3 tanks does not make sense to me, our ability to parry or to get a dodge bonus is gone, when it was huge..

I removed Grit and had to spam 1-2-3, most of the time I had no idea what I was supposed to do either because no more scourge, half my CDs gone, lowblow/reprisal causing no damages.

I just don't know how so many people can praise the Devs for this..

What was this SE advert? "If its not fun we're doing it wrong" ? Well time to dust this one off because this is clearly wrong.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gone are the days of going in with BP+Spam Unleash >> tick off Grit > Go to town on mobs. Now doing so is sure way of losing aggro immediately.

All stuns deal just the effect now and no damage.

Unleash is good only for the initial grabbing of mobs, then from there you use Abyssal Drain. Higher threat overall due its 120 potency and isn't nerfed per mob. You shouldn't have aggro issues under AD - I haven't yet(DRK62). Always with unleash though, it feels like just using it makes my threat go down. Can still DA+AD but much less than before.
    When in a dungeon without Abyssal Drain, Unleash x5-6 then just Power slash as usual, and then do whatever. Salted earth is still good. Carve and Spit is unchanged but long CD don't really help much.

Unfortunately, DRK is forced into Dark Arts Everything, but syphon strike = 1 Dark Arts at lvl70.

The only upside to DRK is Darkside isn't draining MP. The nerf to Blood Price is probably DRK's biggest hit in my opinion.

Yeah, no more scourge. No more Delirium(the former combo that was second behind DA+SE combo in damage). It's all just DA+SE until you need to manage your threat again.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I can finally complain about running out of TP AoEing on PLD(which I could previously only do on WAR) because of lazy DPS refuse to use their role abilities

Speaking of complaints: alarmist tanks complaining about enmity immediately after the expansion dropped. STR/VIT changes are going to bite everyone in the ass down the road, to be sure, but tanking is currently just as easy as it always was

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

but tanking is currently just as easy as it always was
    Agreed. Just flash a bit more lol, and/or land the "3" combo on the 1-2-3 combo on the mob the SAMs/RDMs are attacking because of their immediate hate spike. They can take a swing or 2, no prob. Just carry on.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

If anything, I'm Flashing less. Usually once on packs of 2-4, twice on anything bigger. Eclipse beyond that until I hit 400ish TP, then combos as normal

Really considering making a TP macro for inattentive DPS, though. I get sad when I'm not Eclipsing as much as I could be

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Not as thrown off by SMN/SCH's simplification as I thought I would be (partially because I spent barely any time with them at 60 in 3.0 anyways), but pets getting wrecked by AoE is extremely annoying and, imo, gonna be the thing that really makes or breaks their viability (or at least their MP economy) in endgame this pass around.