1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 8 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 1 hours, 47 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 547 of 575 FirstFirst ... 497 537 545 546 547 548 549 557 ... LastLast
    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Every time I don't queue tank for MSQ roulette and get CM I die a little inside. I need to make a video guide on how to pull that dungeon correctly and how to cheese the second boss so you can clear the shit in 15min instead of 30.

So many tanks who don't know the mechanics of the zone to speed up pulls, or how so many of them are super squishy that you can mass pull them into a boss and burn them all down there.

There are also so many mobs you can ignore along the way, including the two magitek knights before last boss.
    I haven't seen a proper CM run take less than 20 mins since 2013.

Also people usually throw a tantrum if you ask them if they saw a video before doing whatever fight.

You don't pay my sub! I don't want to be spoiled by watching a guide!!!

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I had a 20min run a couple days ago, but Shaano somehow ended up in the same queue so I said fuck it, going big. Helped that the dps in that group knew what AoEs were though.

A shame we never got another dungeon like CM though. Good design, little bit of looping around, gimmicks, and lots of ways to optimize the run.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's probably why we never got another one like it, besides the long ass cutscenes.

As for pulling with overpower and missing some mobs either through overzealous DPS, or overpower just..being overpower, I personally hated using tomahawk and then overpower, because all the TP lost from that could have been put to more useful things.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Me and the healer just let the DPS who decide to unload on 1 mob during the pull die. Solves that problem pretty quickly lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I do it for mana or procs or gauge depending on the DPS. If I don't pull hate, don't matta

Yeah why wouldn't you hit shit on the way?

It's worse when you get tanks that just run past shit without doing anything to it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I expect DPS to do that, and I just unleash twice and keep going, throwing a few unmends until they are out of range. That works well because once you stop, the things are close to death and you still have aggro. No need to burn all your resources to establish aggro. But that's DRK(PLDs have flash of course) gameplay. WARs don't have the luxury of tossing tomahawk many times, unless they want to run out of TP before an encounter is halfway finished, you know ain't no DF DPS gonna have goad slotted, let alone use it on a tank. Flash made it easy on WARs to pull in transit.

Now if a tank in general is going to face pull in transit and do nothing but keep on going, that's their own fault. If a tank is going to face pull and do no aoe threat after and expect the DPS to focus on his/her target, that's their own fault and can't really complain.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I landed in an in-progress expert last night, the temple thing, after 1st boss. I said my usual "hello my fellow masochists" greeting and got to the group and they said "you look more agreeable" lol

Turned out they kicked the tank that was single pulling and they wanted large pulls.

I served them what they wanted and it was all good. Wrapped up in 12? minutes.

Also joined a levelling roullete as it was a cluster for a healer. Landed in Brayflox, gahhhhhh. 3 noobs too who were legitimately new (they headed the wrong way towards 1st boss door). Thinking it might be painful if I let them roam free, I decided to try to be nice and then I suggested that they followed me as they were new and I knew where to go.

They followed me everywhere, it was bliss. Skipped everything nearly lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Loads into Dusk Vigil.

Healer wants us to "rush".

I think to myself "ok time to wipe so he can leave."

Pulls big mob into the second group of mobs. Has all CDs ready.

Typical of Dusk Vigil, I'm getting my ass handed to me at every angle.

Healer can't keep up. In addition to it just taking too long to kill everything.

We wipe.

He leaves.

7 minutes later, new healer comes. Finishes the dungeon in smooth sailing motion.

Result would have been the same if I dragged the first pack to said big mob. Pretty sure we would have wiped on the forced huge pull in the hall and the room that comes before the second boss as well. Don't ask for something you can't handle yourself. :]

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Unless you're leaving out details, you kinda sound like the asshole in that situation

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah is there some reason you assumed the healer would fail?
    You wouldn't have died if I was the healer >_>

And you could've just done double pulls inside of full ones if you thought he couldn't keep up. I usually do that because it's easy and way more fun than singles if the healer can't handle full.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Yeah is there some reason you assumed the healer would fail?
    You wouldn't have died if I was the healer >_>
    For the first and latter part of the dungeon, Dusk Vigil big pulls just hurt a ton in general. It's the odd-dungeon out in that regards in my experience.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Unless you're leaving out details, you kinda sound like the asshole in that situation
    If I recall Twilight is a DRK, you take a beating pretty badly in Dusk Vigil if your healer is being an idiot.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    ^ Seriously, gtfo with this "someone wants the dungeon to be fast so I'm gonna make it fail".

You seem to have mistaken this place with reddit or the OF.

...anyway, funny thing happened today, I get a notice my GM call has been answered. I think "wow, I haven't considered GMs useful in ages, what could this be?"

...ok. Not too surprised cause of the name I had on this one new alt, and yeah they were getting me to change it, but apparently it took them putting a warning on my account to notice I had a GM call unanswered from 3 years ago, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeeeeeeeep.

Yep. Turns out they're all from gilgamesh.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yep there are a lot of shit tanks lately. Although most of them are DRKs because jump potion kiddies wanna be edgelords. Getting votekicked for suggesting how to play his job better is a little extreme but not surprising.

Reminds me of the level roulette I just did on RDM. DRK in Sohm Al used his AOE like once per pack and left me to tank everything after a couple of my AoEs. RDM is best tank <3

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

About as many shit tanks as non-AoE DPS lately, or DPS doing 1k less than a good DPS. Feels worse than Heavensward in some cases in terms of player quality, but POTD and PVP botting probably part of the blame.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'm pretty sure holmgang doesn't lock your facing anyways. Or didn't in ARR

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It always locked it to my recollection. Bind effects in general do.