1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 12 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -3 hours, -11 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 551 of 575 FirstFirst ... 501 541 549 550 551 552 553 561 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I can't tell you the game's not boring- that's your call. I'll still call the, "farming tomes sucks" line for the absurdity it is, though. It's laughably stress free at this point. Clear your raids, do some PVP, run a handful of rouelettes. A literal handful. In a week. I run maybe one or two experts over the course of seven days and never have to be concerned with capping. I truly don't understand what everyone's asking of them at this point as far as tome QOL

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The game itself isn't boring. The problem is we're at the same point of 4.0 that we were at in 3.0 and 2.0.

For end game progression content we got extreme trials that are 9 weeks old and more than likely if you've been current you already either have similar gear or outgear.

Beyond that for weekly gear you have 450 tomes to get and Omega (Normal) loot lockout.

Unless you raid. In which case either you're getting your weekly clears, beating your head on O3S in pugs, progressing on O4S, or doing weekly clears.

And right now we're far out away enough from 4.1 we haven't even heard any details about Return to Ivalice, Super Savage, Shinryu Ex, or whatever the fuck Eureka is gonna be. Also, that's basically PvE for 4.1. But honestly I'm glad imma have some time to sink into Destiny 2 while I wait for 4.2

I really enjoy the fact this game doesn't DEMAND my attention.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I just want some more endgame options honestly. Something that isn't "stand in a tiny arena fighting a single boss" please. I will gladly do that part if there was something else to use the gear for. Unfortunately, the way they built this game pretty much axed a lot of possibilities for content since they've removed or added workarounds to everything that could let players take advantage of each other or bots take advantage of players. FCs are sterile, gil doesn't matter, open world mobs are shared and don't drop anything important, gear is short-lived, and mechanics are constantly recycled to keep the slower players in a comfort zone. They essentially took every major component of an MMO - economy, grouping, and battle - and boiled them down to as simple, stupid and unable to be taken advantage of as possible. It's unfortunate but unless they backpedal on some of that stuff we're never going to get a meaningful spread of endgame content.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

My issue is that I have to ask myself if there is anything I need to do in XIV, instead of is there anything I want to do in XIV. If there is nothing I need then I may not even log on. And even with progressing through O4S the game just has nothing of interest outside of raiding. I'm not certain how people manage that don't raid.

I believe they have truly messed up the gearing and progression in this game that I can't reasonably see them adding anything worthwhile. The player base would reject it or it would be so worthless it's DOA.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Can't wait for Diadem to fail for the third time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    My issue is that I have to ask myself if there is anything I need to do in XIV, instead of is there anything I want to do in XIV.
    That's very well said...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think you guys simply want a game that isn't this one, Yoshida has made pretty clear that he's fine with people doing their stuff after every patch and quitting until the next one and actually that was their intention to begin with. I know it's hard to get into this mindset after XI but just play something else if you're done for the patch.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Wow. You really complained about a new tank. I won't lie, I was bad when I first started. Sad that you have to whine. Couldn't give any real advise. You just whine. It's cool, I'll remember you. BTW, I'm much better now no thanks to people like you.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

People want the game to have more good content, that's all. I mean, the rest of the stuff is there: graphics are great, music is great, world/lore is great, story is pretty solid, you may not like all the characters but at least they're memorable unlike most MMO NPCs who are rarely much more than walking quest bubbles. They just need to do something cool with this shit already. It's not that much of a leap to take the fantastic base of resources this game has and make something fun with it. It's just that the current dev team seems really bad at content, for some reason. Like they have great creative people with these grand visions but no one who's good at executing the numbers, progression and gameplay parts.

If you think about it though, SE's strengths have always been (since the FF7 days) graphics, music, lore/world and characters. They attract some of the best artists and composers around. But they simply never execute quite as well as other game studios on the actual gameplay portions. If only they were better at recognizing and remedying this major flaw, XIV would be a seriously top-notch game. As it stands, it flags only on its content delivery/execution aspect. Which unfortunately is the "game" part of the game.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jianuzzi View Post
    Wow. You really complained about a new tank. I won't lie, I was bad when I first started. Sad that you have to whine. Couldn't give any real advise. You just whine. It's cool, I'll remember you. BTW, I'm much better now no thanks to people like you.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    That's very well said...
    It's not profound. You only ask yourself that because there's a limit on how quickly you can progress. You don't "need" to do anything any more than if you could get to cap in a few days

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

At this point I'm back to the old do savage once or twice a week -> maps for 4 hours to cap tomes -> log off til weekly reset.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Why is primary attribute (and i guess elemental) materia so fucking pointless

VIT/STR had some purpose for tanks, but otherwise it's so sad to see most of the materia useless besides the det/crit/speed/spell speed/directhit

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

It's so sad rerolling grade VI and getting a water/fire resist from Mutamix. Those don't even exist on the NPC, only from Mutamix T_T

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Anyone else get a client crash when viewing a new cutscene for the first time on the DX 11 client? It's a really weird and annoying bug I've experienced since Stormblood.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I only ever experienced that on my HDD, swapping over to my SSD I haven't had such issues.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I only ever experienced that on my HDD, swapping over to my SSD I haven't had such issues.
    Weird, I've always had my game on my SSD. Never changed that.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Trying to get stormblood on DVD. No luck. Can't remember steam account and they've yet to get back to me via email. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can't you download the client from the XIV website?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yep

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/

Dunno what Vagus' actual problem is though, if he needs gamekeys or whatever. But the client should automatically update with SB stuff should he have the expansions registered.