1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 9 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 0 hours, 19 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 555 of 575 FirstFirst ... 505 545 553 554 555 556 557 565 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Hopefully only people on your friends list.

If SE is smart.
    I doubt it. You can't put ppl on other servers on your friends list, even after doing a dungeon with them.

So you think they'd put all this effort into being able to send tells to the people who were on your friend list and hopped servers? That's gotta be a pretty small crowd.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hopefully only people on your friends list.

If SE is smart.
    Nah man. Balmung finally going to get a taste of RMT spam due to this and I'll revel in their whining.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    I doubt it. You can't put ppl on other servers on your friends list, even after doing a dungeon with them.

So you think they'd put all this effort into being able to send tells to the people who were on your friend list and hopped servers? That's gotta be a pretty small crowd.
    I thought x-server friends was gonna be a thing in 4.1 as well.

Spoiler: show

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

FFXIV Random Complaint Thread II: DPS can't count to potato

Okay. Figured I'd ask BG. Since novice network is full of idiots.

I found out the relic weapons are really just for glamor. So is there a weapon I can upgrade from expansion to expansion and it's still top tier? Or is the best items only obtained through some form of tomestone, which is somewhat easily obtained.

If that is the case, I won't worry about glamor. I think glamor Is generally pointless. Some some of the idiots I've run into would be a rdm from ff11 who refused to take off there Joyeuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, there is nothing that carries over from expansion to expansion.

The current best weapons come from the savage raids.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Oh awesome. Means I can save time and just focus on that.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Okay. Figured I'd ask BG. Since novice network is full of idiots.

I found out the relic weapons are really just for glamor. So is there a weapon I can upgrade from expansion to expansion and it's still top tier? Or is the best items only obtained through some form of tomestone, which is somewhat easily obtained.

If that is the case, I won't worry about glamor. I think glamor Is generally pointless. Some some of the idiots I've run into would be a rdm from ff11 who refused to take off there Joyeuse.

When the new relic weapons (whatever the name is) of Heavensward came, if you had a fully upgraded relic weapon in from ARR, you could skip a small portion of the first mission to build those weapons. I think they said not even that would apply in the case of the new 3.0 relics, those will start completely from scratch.

So yeah, no point at all in making one unless glamour is your goal.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

ARR carried over to HW. You'll probably skip the first major grind with a finished HW weapon

They already said that HW weapon will not help you skip a step this time.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Welp, that sucks

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

They gotta increase the grind for all because let's me honest... letting people skip the fate grind portion was a big deal amirite? I really don't understand the development teams mentality over some shit

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the artifact weapons also included the left side gear (Excluding belt) since our 'AF3' is all antiquated.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the artifact weapons also included the left side gear (Excluding belt) since our 'AF3' is all antiquated.
    They did say they were considering this a long time ago but I also remember them mentioning right before SB's launch that it wasn't set in stone yet. I guess we'll see when Eureka launches and I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned in the Live Letter at all.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Which Mage should I level? I keep reading Ast is the best ATM.

Mage is a broad term, AST doesn't DPS and BLM doesn't heal, but AST is a very good healer if that's what you want.

It honestly doesn't matter in this game, just pick one that feels good or makes you feel awesome.

Yes, just play what you like (unless your favorite is SMN, then play your 2nd favorite)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Looking for a healer class. Since fiancé is dps and our friend is tank.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

"how do I grab a tether?" wins the weekend for me

(he was booted from the otherwise amazing farm party shortly thereafter - for lack of trying, not lack of ability)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Looking for a healer class. Since fiancé is dps and our friend is tank.

Play what you want, but...
    AST is the most versatile, since you can play a regen healer OR a shield healer and you're not locked into one or the other. It's also got the best support with the cards. It takes some mental acrobatics to juggle cards and healing though, so it might be better to start with WHM (or SCH I guess but I'd go with WHM) if you're not familiar with playing the healer role and you have time to level 2 jobs. <rant> I run into way too many ASTs who never pull a card cause they just don't think about it while healing and dpsing. And if you're not using your cards you might as well not be playing AST. </rant>

But I love AST and I think it's by far the most fun/rewarding healer to play and earthly star is awesome. WHM is fun for its extra dps options and it has some nice animations but it's a little bit boring compared to AST, which always has more it can be doing than WHM. I am not fond of SCH personally, it feels weaker in both raw healing and shielding ability (sadly) and I think it's gonna tend to seesaw between good and meh more than WHM and AST are going to in the coming patches simply because it's tied to SMN and those two are a hot mess right now. But that's personal preference and it's perfectly viable for everything.