1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 15 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -6 hours, -39 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 558 of 575 FirstFirst ... 508 548 556 557 558 559 560 568 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Hm..if you have no rested bonus (blue bar), PoTD is honestly the best way 1-60 especially if you can spam floor 51-60. PvP as well if you like that content.
    PoTD @ lv 1 is so ridiculously bad of an idea. 10-15 minute run to get a portion of that 500 xp bar you'd get in 2 minutes outside. And even Out to Sea leve in costa is better xp/minute till about level 30 and can still be done by a lv 1 character. Without leves though at least wait till level 10 or so.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    PoTD @ lv 1 is so ridiculously bad of an idea. 10-15 minute run to get a portion of that 500 xp bar you'd get in 2 minutes outside. And even Out to Sea leve in costa is better xp/minute till about level 30 and can still be done by a lv 1 character. Without leves though at least wait till level 10 or so.
    Pretty sure at level 1, 1 10min run nets you a few levels, not a portion of your EXP bar.

Edit: Here's a handy chart I just googled up

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2137694813

No idea if it includes armoury bonus but I would assume it does. That being said, given the data on the chart, your first few levels might be quicker doing Fates or etc. But up until a certain point, it does look like you'd gain 1 to 2 levels per 10 floor run (going from 1->10, and not including 51->60 which would be even faster) up until around level 20. Looks like you'd at least get 1 level per run up until level 25 if you ran floors 51->60

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Road to 60 + Armory Bonus gets you level 30 in about 2 hours by running dungeons solely, the first 15 levels takes roughly 20 minutes. I seem to get roughly 3~4 levels a dungeon using friendship hairpin, brand new ring and ala mihgo earring.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My only complaint is how bullshit black hole phases can be on exdeath, but neo feels pathetically easy (made it to/died at GCO, healer lb3'd, saw repeat of his rotation until I died again 8min-ish in). Feels like enrage is right around the corner if I can just find another solid group.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

How do you run a potd floor using duty finder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    How do you run a potd floor using duty finder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can't if you mean queuing away from Shroud. You can do it crossworld Party Finder but still requires someone to activate it in shroud and most likely you in shroud too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The game needs to limit bottom feeding ilvs in dungeons.

Fucking done with this.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

But then you're "gating players!" "This game is supposed to be accessible!" etc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Had a vault run with a whm in lvl 40 gear still, put up with their <1k cure 1's no assize, asylum, or medica2 till the last boss. Quickly they were replaced.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Getting through Vault with so little healing is actually remarkable. It's only logical that you had to replace them for the final boss, that one is pretty heal-intensive.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Worst part is I commented on it asking for the skills and mentioned gear etc, mentor in the pt said "It's fine" annoyed and wanted my xp we kept goin till that point >_>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Same way how my tank ended up. The healer just told me not to make such a fuss about it and I'm like grgrrgrrr. We got through it even if the tank's HP yoyo'd pretty hard.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

On the other side of the spectrum I was impressed with this sprout healer's ability to read but not talk at Cutter's Cry last night (maybe ps4 player). Started off using Cure 3 only, I noticed 2 fights in she was having an empty bar at the end of each pack, died as well on the 2nd pack because Cure 3 pulled too much hate.

So I said to her that Cure 3 is not better than Cure 1, stick with Cure 1 -- 1 pull later she stuck to using Cure 2 (maybe Cure 1 was replaced). Next pull after that it was Cure 1 only.

I was rather amazed. Words such as "progression!!!" and "progress!!!" and "education!!!" were going through my head. Someone actually took advice! I didn't even wear my mentor hat!

Sandworm presented us a poison scenario. It can be healed through of course, but I said in chat "do you have Esuna set in job role? this boss poisons us". No reply of course and tank pulled, so off we go. I got poisoned for the majority of the fight (I was targetted only, unluckily). Boss was 20% odd and I started seeing Esuna issued. Wooo! They're learning! My child is growing up!

A rare occasion where someone actually learns. Despite no conversation. Just felt nice.

I agree most of the time it's easier just to sit there and grrrgrrgrr it through. It's just not worth it taking out frustration on a random DF person. But ilvl40 gear in vault is a bit insufferable though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cure 2 doesn't replace cure 1. The same goes for the Astro's healer. One's way more MP efficient the other does more HP in a GCD but is less efficient.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ya but you know the ol' classic FF. In most games you get better spells to replace the earlier versions. I think this player just used that logic until they relocated the Cure 1 button.

WHen I said 1 pull later she stuck to using Cure 2 (maybe Cure 1 was replaced). I meant that the player also got rid of Cure 1 off their bars and stuck to Cure 2 thinking it would be a replacement.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

two or three FATEs in, oops that's right my minion wasn't summoned

EVERY TIME

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It's okay, you weren't going to get a medal from those anyway.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

true story, man

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Had a vault run with a whm in lvl 40 gear still, put up with their <1k cure 1's no assize, asylum, or medica2 till the last boss. Quickly they were replaced.
    I can understand assize, but no asylum? o_o. Did you wipe on any of those big pulls, like the third big one(before the small group) before the first boss? And I bet you had trouble with the pack in the hall.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No wipes or anything till the last boss. People had a death now and again for standing in stupid but no full wipe. I was tanking too so knew what to plan for and not see a random DF tank go do stupid huge pulls ._. I love the dungeon, its great on healers as a little learning curve but when the healer is an idiot or dps are bad, it's not that fun.

Leveled my alt recently from 51-70 on brd, but found out 50-60 skills you still have to get from quests, so the dude hasn't done one quest is what I am assuming.