1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 7 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 2 hours, 20 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 564 of 575 FirstFirst ... 514 554 562 563 564 565 566 574 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Once you open up that can of worms they're just going to double-down on Mogstation stuff though to make the subscription cashshop currency "worth subbing for". As if we're not already getting less and less content per patch cycle to begin with.
    For the sake of monetary income they should.

Although I don't buy the whole 'we're getting less and less content per patch cycle' unless getting less dungeons bothers you (Hint: It really shouldn't. Individually they're 20 minutes of content not counting how many times you'll repeat them for seals at which they're identical and accomplishing the same goal). We're getting the same content in 4.1 as we saw in 3.1 except we're also getting a super savage tier fight who's only purpose is to give raiders who already cleared the raid a thing to do with a weapon that's effectively pretty sweet glamour.

XIV's problem isn't the fact that we're getting less content. The problem is we're getting the same content and we're burning out on it faster because most of us have done this for the last 4 years. If this were 3.0 we'd be waiting another month for the patch to drop lol.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Copperbell seems to be the new Totorak/Tamtara in terms of dungeon the game picks for when the entirety of the participants are 30+ levels above it for leveling roulette.

Also had a tank earlier in another dungeon who figure it'd be fine if their healer buddy would afk from the start for over 5min without saying a word, and then throw a shitfit when the rest of the group wants to kick the healer.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Also had a tank earlier in another dungeon who figure it'd be fine if their healer buddy would afk from the start for over 5min without saying a word, and then throw a shitfit when the rest of the group wants to kick the healer.
    People afking without saying anything annoys me so much lol. Just a quick "hey, i need to brb really quick" or anything would be great and I wouldn't be so pissed off and want to kick them every single time they do that. Common courtesy was never taught to many people I guess.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've tried to forget this since saturday, it still hurts. I was almost free from this shit.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

It boggles my mind why getting the last number wrong automatically disqualifies you from any other prize. I feel like any sane person would've implemented that where you would've won 2nd prize.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

edit: nothing to see here, move along...

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    It boggles my mind why getting the last number wrong automatically disqualifies you from any other prize. I feel like any sane person would've implemented that where you would've won 2nd prize.
    It starts with the last number and works its way left, He would have needed ?885 to get 2nd.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

just cleared lakshex

is... is that it? dude. sephex and zurvex, maybe even sophex are still harder than that... she should have a fuckton more HP :/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    just cleared lakshex

is... is that it? dude. sephex and zurvex, maybe even sophex are still harder than that... she should have a fuckton more HP :/
    Yepppp

She's dumb easy and people still manage to fuck it up.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's not like Vril has a 5s duration either. You can pretty much pop it every time it gets consumed and it'll last long enough until the next mechanic that uses it, or you'll have refilled your stacks before then. :/

It does make me curious about ShinEX's difficulty because everything else thus far in 4.0 was a difficulty reset compared to mid-ARR/all of 3.0.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    just cleared lakshex

welcome to 40 ilvls above where it was implemented and it was still not hard then

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

lakshmi was a fucking joke even at ilv300. I think the bigger joke is ppl doing 2k dps at ilv325-330.

I need to remember to farm shinryu before baddies start getting carried through it.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I don't think many people did susano or lakshmi at 300, my group ran from shinryu to susano and then to lakshmi in full i290 and had no real issues after learning the dance.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

It does make me curious about ShinEX's difficulty because everything else thus far in 4.0 was a difficulty reset compared to mid-ARR/all of 3.0.
    I don't know if I follow. Near the end of ARR we got Shiva and Odin which were absolute jokes compared to most of the primals up to that point, and FCOB which was simpler than SCOB. Most of the HW trials were on the easy side (Bismarck, Nidhogg, Sophia, Zurvan) and the final raid of the expansion (Creator) was a huge difficulty drop compared to its predecessor (Midas).

I'd consider 3.3 to be a difficulty reset (and maybe 2.4) but not 4.0. So far everything in Stormblood has been more or less on par for the course set by the final patches of Heavensward. I imagine Shinryu EX will be more of the same, especially since its target audience is people who are stuck on O3S.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

3.2 was definitely the difficulty reset, most if not all will agree that Midas was our perfect raid tier in terms of difficulty of progression through chambers and what we encountered at the end. 3.4 didn't keep this flow and set the foundation that at least for now is 1 & 2 are complete jokes you'll clear them with very little fuss hell you can even fuck up the mechanics and you wont get punished severely and then 3 is a step up and then 4 tries to throw every mechanic at you and then goes aww fuck that didn't work, we'll get you next time gadget!!

I don't want to shit on anyone's achievement of clearing 3 & 4 but if you've played the game for the last four years and have been keeping up with everything, everything this tier shouldn't have given you trouble.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Maybe we have different ideas of what a "difficulty reset" is because otherwise I don't see how 3.2 could be considered one. To me that term implies the difficulty drops significantly, back to a previous level.

Raid difficulty didn't change much between Gordias and Midas (3.2), and if anything some people would argue Midas was harder in some ways. The jarring difficulty drop happened going from Midas to Creator (3.4) or if we're also including trials, going from Thordan/Sephirot to Nidhogg (3.3).

That aside, Midas was definitely the best raid tier of this game. Doubt we'll ever get anything like that again.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I can't seem to import my current character's appearance into a new character. Anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong? I don't see an option for it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did you save the appearance?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I saved it once upon a time cause I have 2 characters with same appearance. But I think I reformatted PC between then and now. Is it a locally saved file?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you use a fantasia, you can save it...I had the original fantasia from 2013 left over so I used that.