1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 0 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 565 of 575 FirstFirst ... 515 555 563 564 565 566 567 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think it is a locally saved file.

When you hit create new character this is the first thing that pops up.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yah that didn't exist until I used fantasia > saved appearance

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Locally saved files wind me up frequently. FFXIV saves a lot of stuff only locally and not even on the same game install but between different user logins on the same computer you have to create new local files for the whole damn HUD and hotbars and gearsets (and all the other settings). As a family where everyone plays video games it got really annoying recently when husband split his PC up with separate accounts for the kids and himself and every single FFXIV character needed everything redone even though they were still being played from the one and the same FFXIV install. Oh and when someone goes and plays on my PC instead then next time they log onto the other PC it knows nothing of any hotbar changes or even if your retainer ventures are done or not.

Having said all that, it's still not as annoying as having to rewrite macros after PC died when playing FFXI.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilia View Post
    Locally saved files wind me up frequently. FFXIV saves a lot of stuff only locally and not even on the same game install but between different user logins on the same computer you have to create new local files for the whole damn HUD and hotbars and gearsets (and all the other settings). As a family where everyone plays video games it got really annoying recently when husband split his PC up with separate accounts for the kids and himself and every single FFXIV character needed everything redone even though they were still being played from the one and the same FFXIV install.
    Uh, I think you know this now and you were speaking from the past, but once you login to a new account on the PC and a new folder is created for you, you can log out, copy pasta all the files in the original / 1st account's folder and dump it to the new one. And voila, all macros/gearsets/HUD retained.

Ventures can't be helped though. That fucks me off. Also inventory placement of items in your bags are also client side... really put me off playing on the PS4 once I discovered that.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Ventures can't be helped though. That fucks me off. Also inventory placement of items in your bags are also client side... really put me off playing on the PS4 once I discovered that.
    This is why I just set the auto-sort shit the way I like, and made a macro for organizing armoury. FFXI was the same way with client-side sorting, mainly because it saves a lot of writes to the server database, especially when your server saves inventory every 15 god damn seconds for some reason.

What's a crime is lack of server-side gearsets and macro storage.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

It's odd that, I guess because the AMOUNT of unnecessary shit that gets saved when we go to an instance or the sheer amount of items we honestly don't need that XIV's servers seem to handle less than XI's servers, since one (popular excuse) next to "PS3 limitations" is increasing character data sent/stored will kill the servers, shortly after mentioning how your entire data including chocobo data gets copied when you move into a duty.

Since by now you'd think there would be serverside saving, especially being a multi platform game like XI was.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All these "what we can and can't do" and "servers will crash if we do this", makes me believe XI has the superior server software How can a quaint MMO possibly outdo a more modern one is beyond me.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

We've already seen some improvements that wouldn't have been possible (probably) were the game still on PS3, including increasing inventory/housing space (which now seems limitless as they've already increased it by a lot and the servers seem fine). Still some BS about how they're not adding a tacklebox for fishers but who knows down the line. I think console is really what's holding the game back and once PS4 is out of the current gen loop it's gonna get bad again, but for now it seems like most stuff can actually be done, it just takes time to develop.

Of course the way the game is built also holds it back a little if we believe the excuses the devs are constantly giving, but just like XI, a lot of stuff they said "wasn't possible" has turned out to be - surprise! - entirely possible after some arbitrary length of time. This could mean they got better coders who know how to get more out of the software, or it could mean any number of other things like they were lying (but why?) or simply stumbled upon a better way to do things etc. We don't know the actual limits of the game except for what they tell us, which is spotty information and probably pretty unreliable because the dev voices we hear are by and large not the people actually coding the game and they opt for simple answers over in-depth technical ones that only software devs would understand.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Eeeeeh. Most of the development team isn't going to talk on the forums about what they're doing. And it isn't a directly japanese thing because you can point towards Sony Online Entertainment/Daybreak, Blizzard, and a few others. Blizzard especially since Jeff Kaplan is more than welcoming in having developers post on the overwatch offical forums but most of them don't. Last thing you want to do is say some shitty thing and end up like Sanjuro (League of Legends dev who said some nasty shity about a streamer and got fired last week). Then again its weird that I see blizzard devs attending blizzard events but I don't hear anything about the same on the XIV side of things.

They're probably not working on shit like the tacklebox because the team behind item manager is dealing with bigger priority things like making them stack to 999. The PS4 ain't holding this game back and won't anytime soon especially since it uses PC x86 architecture to run shit. Likely shit gets done when it gets done because 2 years ago we couldn't see other party member's TP bars and 4 years ago we didn't know the exact % a mob was at without using ACT which made fights like T7 really fucking fun back in the day. The UI improvements this patch are makin me happy though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Here goes the start of the rush for a house, best of luck to thoses of you in it!

edit: I'm in it, fucking queue gonna fuck me over, I can feel it... XD

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

by the time I got out of the queue it was pretty much all gone already, and I was logging in when it lit up :/

By no means surprised, still irked.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Most of Shirogane on Excalibur is all personal housing, barely any actual FCs got housing. Legit.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

WTF do I do on this learn more about the yabby quest.

edit: his jaw, super annoying.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Request for new thread name: Shirogane was a shitshow

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Random Complaint Thread II: Its patch 4.1 and I'm still homeless.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

First boss of Royal City of Rabanastre has a lot going on.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Balmung sold out within moments. However my FC nabbed a gorgous large size mist house from the relocation peoples. We only had a small in goblet.

Friend wanted a personal house and server screwed her tho.. Kicked. 3500 queue.

Also i managed to get a shirgane apartment... Ward 4 apt 20.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    by the time I got out of the queue it was pretty much all gone already, and I was logging in when it lit up :/

By no means surprised, still irked.
    Same here, not surprised but stupidly annoyed to see people own multiple houses and not even feel bad about it when the space is so tight.

Also, people trying to small small plots for 170M never cease to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    First boss of Royal City of Rabanastre has a lot going on.
    So does the second, I have not got past it yet as people keep rage quitting after one wipe or two or spam vote abandon. So far I am happy to be RDM, the amount of time I saved my parties cannot be counted.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

2nd boss of Ivalice is the great filter, after that it's a cake walk.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Hmm, anyone else having buffs/debuffs disappear randomly? I've tried moving the bars and trying the new split up option, but they just keep vanishing entirely. Before I tried the splitting them up option, they were trying to display in those new boxes, but would just go away shortly after lol.

edit: Logging out fixed it I guess. Didn't notice it happening until after doing a Raid Roulette, but I have no idea how long it had been going on for.