1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 1 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 8 hours, 19 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 572 of 575 FirstFirst ... 522 562 570 571 572 573 574 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    How to kill a pvp healer:
    Be something that has stun or silence. Get them to about 30% HP then stun/silence them. Finish them off with a couple big moves.

It's also important to remember that just putting the heat on the healer by yourself in pvp will often allow your friends to kill the dps, as the healer will usually be busy curing himself as priority. This is a pretty effective way to clear out a group. This also goes for if there are two healers; attack one of them and the other one will often prioritize his fellow healer and let the tanks and dps die lol. Healer solidarity ftw.
    this is exactly what I do (and what I was getting at a second ago). pew pew the healer = no time to heal the dps. down the dps, then focus the healer

or just get a robot and blow shit up IDK do what you want

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The problem with stunning/silencing the healer in PvP is that resistance immediately kicks in afterwards so you're basically limited to one realistic shot at doing whatever burst damage you need to kill someone. And since no one can deal 11-13k dps within three GCDs you can't kill a healer. Either you coordinate to overwhelm them or you get the DPS to line of sight away from the healers.

When I pilot Brute justice i make healers a priority because I can double rocket fist (Stun) > Mega Beam them to death.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Complaint Dump since it's Maint time and it's been awhile since I did one:

• Can't upgrade this item, you are wearing it. Can't unequip item, you're engaged with the NPC.
    • Having to exit craft menu fully to stand up so you can change to another DoH class to then kneel back down.
    • No automated purchase history pop-up when you try to sell something.
    • Eos/Selene still being an absolute retard when it comes to auto-Embrace having top priority over anything you tell her to do.
    • Large house balconies still not a thing.
    • Still no left-side party list buffs despite the huge QoL love the UI got recently.
    • Still no audio-output device select ingame for us USB headset users
    • Offgcds still having animation locks which adds to the GCD clipping issue on non-optimal connections
    • Animations still playing *after* a castbar finishes on mobs.
    • How 1min remaining really means 2min remaining.
    • How 1% HP remaining really means 2% HP remaining.
    • Forgetting about SMN's Aetherflow when it came to CD wait time before pulling raid boss in 4.0 changes.
    • Not being able to macro marker positions.
    • Ground/Target markers still wtfhuge.
    • Still no 'repair everything'.
    • LB being lost when someone D/C's and you lose Full Party status. Just lock that shit for the encounter.
    • Still can get interrupted on instant skills on moving mobs beside you.
    • Ground placement AoEs needing a half-second wait before you can manually place them.
    • Still can't rearrange LS list
    • FC buffs lost if you D/C in an instance
    • Mandatory ERSB/Square Enix logo. Those 8 seconds add up.

Spoiler: show
    What's impressive is I made a 138 line long list of QoL desires/complaints back in 3.1, and a good half of it has been resolved since then

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Complaint Dump since it's Maint time and it's been awhile since I did one:
    Still no audio-output device select ingame for us USB headset users
    This is the one that gets me really frustrated. I don't want to use VoiceMeeter but it's the only way to keep having to restart the game every time I want to use my headphones.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah they are actually doing a pretty good job of addressing major complaints over the lifecycle of the game...it's just...sloooow.

One of my main gripes lately is wanting to water my entire garden at once. When you have 5 or 6 gardens going at a time and you have to water every plant separately...just..give me an irrigation system or something! The lack of a working balcony door still, of course, pisses me off too XD but lately I don't have so many complaints anymore. I just wish they would put more resources into new battle content or other new types of actual content rather than silly junk like performance. But a lot of people seem to enjoy it a ton so I guess they are pleasing at least part of the playerbase with that.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

How 1min remaining really means 2min remaining.
    Well 1:59= 1min because it would be difficult to create a new buffs icon for all the seconds between 1:01 and 1:59 when they can just truncate to 1m/2m/3m/4m/5m

How 1% HP remaining really means 2% HP remaining.
    I don't follow. I mean the first hit on the mob brings their HP down to 99% even if it does 1 damage, same thing with 1.99999% being shown as 1%, they have to truncate, even though the difference between 1.0% and 1.99% can be half a million HP

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

But when you hit 0.9% it still shows as 1% so 1% on the UI covers 0% - 1.9%

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They just code it that way because whole numbers look better than decimal values I guess.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

aoe healing on sch, especially at low levels, is fucking assbutt

so spoiled by potd :/ I want emergency tactics and that aoe aetherflow heal back and I want them NOW.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    They just code it that way because whole numbers look better than decimal values I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    But when you hit 0.9% it still shows as 1% so 1% on the UI covers 0% - 1.9%
    Which is why it'd be less annoying from a raid progression perspective if it didn't show 99% until the mob's HP is 98.01-98.99% instead. Game defaults to showing mob level when it's not 99% anyhow.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

God doing Shinryu ex with pugs is awful. People make the fire chains way more complicated then they need to be and then get me killed when its time to stack with partners.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I still haven't cleared it. gave up. too many clear parties where people literally couldn't pass the first phase. it's sad because I really enjoy the fight and wanted to clear it before we get a big boost in ilvl, but oh well.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Will for sure get a Roborant this week or next might just swear off the whole thing then.

Farm parties are not all that either, I have 75 totems right now and I'd say PF farms have maybe 30-40% clear rates.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you guys are on aether we can try something this week.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I am in fact on Aether! a little rusty at the fight since I gave up but I'd pick it back up quickly. I would love some clear help this weekend for sure

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Add my discord and bug me. I got time tonight up until 10:30 central and tomorrow and sat night.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I'm home around 10:30 central. so I'll probably bug you tomorrow or Saturday

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

After wiping all night last night I finally got a farm group that could clear and dropped my weapon on the first go.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly at this point I don't know if I want to bother farming Shinryu, and hope for a caster (or healer) weapon from Omega or wait for patch 4.2