1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -6 hours, -20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 15 hours, 19 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 574 of 575 FirstFirst ... 524 564 572 573 574 575 LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

how many years later and people still can't do the fucking Chrysalis, lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tbh certain fights can be annoying, especially when you return after a long absence - some of the trials or dungeons show up so rarely that when you finally get them you're like, ughh, what was this one about.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My favorite is when you think you can eat an AoE but then the game decides 'naw bro this one kills you' and you just lay on the ground going 'Oh right that kills'

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

well yeah the Chrysalis is hard, especially if you're unfamiliar with it.

that said, we had a DRG who LB1'd during the first phase >.> surprise surprise, we didn't have LB3 by tear and wiped (although you shouldn't need LB3 anyway...)

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Does multiple reporting of someone actually work?

Mentor rouletted into Royal Menageri

1 healer "afks" (doesn't do anything) and persistently states he's going to vote abandon/not do anything to help because we keep wiping and he doesn't want to do this
    the party, being annoyed, refused to boot him either
    it got to a point where then 1 tank leaves, and the healer still stays, despite us telling him he won't get a penalty
    at this point i send a report off, as do 1 or 2 others i think, not sure of the total though
    then suddenly the player leaves, but i have no idea if a GM thrown him into a jail, or if he left by his own accord

I really wish to know the outcome of such asses like those players

The irony was that we were at 40% echo at this point and winning would be really easy if he just spent 5 mins to do the encounter.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post

1 healer "afks" (doesn't do anything) and persistently states he's going to vote abandon/not do anything to help because we keep wiping and he doesn't want to do this
    I don't have any sympathy for this party

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post

it got to a point where then 1 tank leaves, and the healer still stays, despite us telling him he won't get a penalty
    at this point i send a report off, as do 1 or 2 others i think, not sure of the total though
    then suddenly the player leaves, but i have no idea if a GM thrown him into a jail, or if he left by his own accord

I really wish to know the outcome of such asses like those players

The irony was that we were at 40% echo at this point and winning would be really easy if he just spent 5 mins to do the encounter.
    GMs take at least 3 hours to read your claim before they even consider an action. They likely just left.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Not true all the time, the one and only time I reported someone in the game was a dude being very toxic in shout and he started bitching me out for calling a GM on him about 7mins later. Guess the GM told him who called? lol

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

From my experience GMs do not release that information, they keep things very scripted to avoid letting the person in jail know who got them in jail.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I had forgotten how painfully slow movement in this game is. I just finished playing through FFXII: ZA and decided to give the FFXIV 4 day free login a go and see whether it's worth resubscribing. I guess I got too used to FFXII's 2x speed mode, which just felt right. FFXII is painfully slow at normal speed too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Walking speed is so slow but 4.0 changed mount ground speed so they're as fast as flying* (Godsend for ARR zones) and sprint isn't tired to TP (But fuck ya if you got the OG sprint shoes in a city).

*RIP if you don't have a capped stash of Allied seals tho.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

the only reason to use walk is if you're into RPing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can walk past sound mobs in Sunken temple though!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Walking speed is so slow but 4.0 changed mount ground speed so they're as fast as flying* (Godsend for ARR zones) and sprint isn't tired to TP (But fuck ya if you got the OG sprint shoes in a city).

*RIP if you don't have a capped stash of Allied seals tho.
    That's interesting. I did wonder why I wasn't losing my TP when I sprint, but I didn't notice the mount speed change. Walking through cities isn't much fun though.

Been trying Palace of the Dead solo. It's a lot of fun.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Leveling Roulette should be renamed Trial Player Roulette given the dungeon selection I've had the past two weeks in it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

They really need to improve the flight mechanics in zones like Azys Lla. Trying to find quest markers around the Aetherochemical Research Facility is a pain in the arse because they're hidden away and the area has so many levels. All they need to do is have a + or - icon next to the quest marker so you know if it is above or below you.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

The Stormblood MSQ are so boring. I've been picking up shit and chasing lost lambs since I arrived in Azim Steppe. I'm just skipping almost all the text/cutscenes because it's so dull, and I'm probably missing out on some quality ones in the process. I'm not sure that's what Yoshida had in mind? I'd say a good 90% of the MSQ should be optional quests rather than progression.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Azim Steppe actually had one of my favourite storylines, but yeah, the amount of bullshit quests woven in is stupid

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I wish there was a list somewhere of which quests are worth paying attention to. Sometimes the music gives a clue but by the time it plays you've already decided to skip in most cases because the previous three quests were so dull. I literally just spent 10 minutes finding lost sheep around the aetheryte area.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Trying to complete all sidequests because there's nothing interesting to do until the next patch. Stuck on Feast of Famine with just one fish left... Namitaro. I've spent more time trying to catch this fish than all five of the other fish for this quest combined. For those unaware, Namitaro is only available when there's Thunder or Thunderstorms in S. Shroud (happens for roughly 20 minutes every 3 hours), first you need to catch a Giant Takitaro (~2% hook rate, with a high-but-definitely-not-100% catch rate), then you have 1 minute following that catch where you can hook the Namitaro.

First time out - Forgot to use correct bait
    Second time out - Forgot to switch bait after catching Giant Takitaro
    Third time out - Didn't catch a single Giant Takitaro
    Fourth time out - Thunder weather interrupted by Odin weather
    Fifth time out - Hooked the Namitaro, but lost it
    Sixth time out - Thunder weather interrupted by Odin weather
    Seventh time out - Hooked the Namitaro, but lost it

FUCK THIS FISH, FUCK ODIN, FUCK RNG, AND FUCK THE CATCH% LIMIT ON OLD ASS LV50 FISH
    but I'm nothing if not persistent when it comes to in-game grinds...

Eighth time out - Hooked Namitaro, but lost it
    Ninth time out - Hooked Namitaro FOUR TIMES, but failed all catches.
    Tenth time out - Didn't catch a single Giant Takitaro
    Eleventh time out - Hooked Namitaro, but lost it
    Twelfth time out - Finally caught it