1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 35 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 575 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    Wish I could find consistent groups to do T8...I want my shield!
    Problem is every group is doing it differently. For example I'm used to be the only melee on T8 if there's another melee it's getting confusing for me. I also went with a group that was rotating The Avatar 45° on the right, was even more confusing.
    So yeah I gave up doing T8 outside of FC.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

try playing ninja/mnk, spam turn 4 for lights?, striking gears, and leather/silk

you can earn like 5 mil a day easy

i have synthesized many striking sollerets into 3-5 allagan leathers a pop

that just 1 way how easy money come by these days

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    The rate of inflation happening across all servers right now is insane. I used to feel rich with all my 1.0 gil but now people toss out tens of millions like it's nothing. When will it end? It's not just legacy servers either, I created an account on Phoenix last week and the prices were pretty much the same as non-legacy. Might have to get back into crafting for the expansion.
    A single 18hr venture always gets you 2k in allagan doodads (I think?)
    Doing a lv50 dungeon net each person several thousand gil
    Desynthesis pops out Clear Demimateria whose only purpose is to NPC for cash
    Roulette + Challenge log award plenty of gil daily/weekly
    Hell, I think I even saw them patch it so that CT?/ST? drop cash when each chest is opened now
    ... and that's just the repeatable cash you can get.

Spread that across the entire userbase, and there just aren't enough gilsinks to combat inflation. It won't end until they come up with a reason for us to flush our cash. Repairs/MarketTaxes/OneTimeHousePurchases/RandomShitBoughtFromNPCs just doesn't cut it. They actually made it worse by making hunts irrelevant, since now more people are running dungeons again.

If there was anything of significance to spend gil on the inflation might be an issue.

But as it is there's just crafted gear that would have been useful before the patch it was released in, materia for relics, and vanity crap (housing, minions, bardings, etc).

Advancing crafts cost tons of gil ofc but it's all rather circular.

Craft to make gil -> spend gil advancing craft -> use advanced craft to make more gil -> use gil to further advance craft...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I feel the same way there, but I know there are a number of people that "don't play the game to make money" and frequently live below 100k constantly. For them, buying food and potions is crippling, and the inflation there hits them really hard.

Over the weekend one of my coil mates was like "I hit my new low last night. I got down to 900gil."

First world problems.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Unless you're clearing T12/13 the crafted gear is still useful for that extra push to get past T12. But yeah in general gil is mostly worthless unless you want a medium/large house. As Raldo says though even the little things like food/potions are ridiculously expensive these days unless you're a millionaire.

Different complaint now, but one all too common on here. One of our tanks decides he's going back to his old static right before our scheduled raid. Kinda saw it coming when he cleared T11 over the weekend fucking us over last night. We let that slide because we did say to get some practise in PUGs before the next raid, but I guess he went and cleared with his old group and joins them fulltime tonight.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Luckily though inflation is still fairly uniform. I drained all my gil with the new housing wards so I pretty much started at 0. Was able to make myself 800k in 2 weeks doing much more than leveling botanist and doing Ixal beastmen dailies / retainer ventures. Obviously that's a lot slower than most, but it still shows that it is possible to get gil at a fairly decent rate.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Huton > Suiton > Raiton, and ffs MORE DOTS

Why is this so fucking hard for Ninderps?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

While on the subject of Ninja.. mudra lag pisses me off so much. It's inconsistant and it'll go from smooth as butter to grimy as a shitstain from one ninjutsu to the next. Reminds me of why I dislike playing fighting games online since lag will fuck up combos there too.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Huton > Suiton > Raiton, and ffs MORE DOTS

Why is this so fucking hard for Ninderps?
    In all fairness, I miss Raiton from time to time >_>

Anyway I agree with Lokus. I've noticed my Mundras are even slower to fire off now even outside of DF.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

ST today was a nightmare, I kept trying to Suiton to TA and was repeatedly getting Hyoton, literally the worst possible option, I'd take the bunny over that shit. Would drive me absolutely mad if it was in coil.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    While on the subject of Ninja.. mudra lag pisses me off so much. It's inconsistant and it'll go from smooth as butter to grimy as a shitstain from one ninjutsu to the next. Reminds me of why I dislike playing fighting games online since lag will fuck up combos there too.
    Is Excalibur an European server? This might explain the lag if it's the case.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teia Rabishu
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

"Clear party. No soldiery bonus please."

I... what? If all you're going for is the clear, why do you want everyone not to have the soldiery bonus?

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    Problem is every group is doing it differently. For example I'm used to be the only melee on T8 if there's another melee it's getting confusing for me. I also went with a group that was rotating The Avatar 45° on the right, was even more confusing.
    So yeah I gave up doing T8 outside of FC.
    It's not even that. Most of the groups I've gone with have used similar strategies to ones I've done previously. They always set out who's doing what when, and we go. The problem is people failing to do their tasks; forgetting to go into a tower, forgetting tether. Maybe they hadn't done it previously before or something, but it's not that hard to step up and do a simple thing like go into your tower. The problems I've had are people being consistently forgetful.

All that still pales to the dumbest thing I saw over the weekend: So we start talking towers, and eventually decide on: "BLMs do Dread, and healers do Mines." Set 1 goes by fine, we down the dread. Set two comes up and only one person goes into the Mines tower. One stack, oh well. Recoverable. Mines pop, I as the tank move and grab the one on my side. I see one of the mines land in front of the AOE tower. I see one of the healers deliberately run over and pop it, dying instantly. We wipe soon after, and we all asked, "WTF were you doing!?" "You told me healers were doing mines!" "TOWERS! We were talking TOWERS!"

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dealing with absolutely atrocious lag right now, and I'm not even in an instance yet. I can't even craft, there's a random 0-7s delay between each action.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Same here on Balmung, both in and out of duties. Just got 90k'd

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's probably all the semen and fur from your server's notorious ERP community blocking Balmung's internet tubes.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    Is Excalibur an European server? This might explain the lag if it's the case.
    There are no XIV servers in Europe.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

both drops from t10 were dupes of what we've already gotten.

week 3 and only 4 unique drops from t10 pls

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Same here on Balmung, both in and out of duties. Just got 90k'd
    Yea I'm having awful lag on balmung too right now, att uverse isp.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 575 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast