1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 4 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 389 of 575 FirstFirst ... 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 399 439 ... LastLast
    The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

yeah ive never understood why anyone would ever play ANY type of RPG, let alone an MMO, with a bought account from day one. Like, I can see it if you've played for a while and really like it and get banned, but just jumping right in at max level all content cleared? where's the fun in that?

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    yeah ive never understood why anyone would ever play ANY type of RPG, let alone an MMO, with a bought account from day one. Like, I can see it if you've played for a while and really like it and get banned, but just jumping right in at max level all content cleared? where's the fun in that?
    I dont understand them either, but i appreciate them

because they made it easier, and more lucrative for me to quit lol

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I need to sell my account but not sure where

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Looks like Balmung took a shit. Friend and I both getting 3070's and 1014's, can't find world data.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I am sick of barely-geared DF tanks trying to "speed run" Arboretum by pulling the entire fucking zone, and not using their CDs in the process. Mass Cure II spam, a few well-timed Holy stuns, and all my CD use over a minute can barely keep them alive.

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I miss Pharos Sirius. I see a lot fewer suicidal tanks there - or maybe they just know how to use their CDs.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lujei View Post
    I am sick of barely-geared DF tanks trying to "speed run" Arboretum by pulling the entire fucking zone, and not using their CDs in the process. Mass Cure II spam, a few well-timed Holy stuns, and all my CD use over a minute can barely keep them alive.
    So much of this.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I only did the new dungeons for an initial clear incase I have some reason to ever run an ex roulette. So I fear what those dungeons devolved into.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    I only did the new dungeons for an initial clear incase I have some reason to ever run an ex roulette. So I fear what those dungeons devolved into.

I've been running dungeons for the first time in forever due to FL queues being 30+ minutes consistently. The new dungeons are extremely faceroll and near impossible to wipe to anything besides a bad puller.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

We capped this week almost exclusively in duo Diadem Hard + Trials + 3 Void Ark.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    We capped this week almost exclusively in duo Diadem Hard + Trials + 3 Void Ark.
    Well, if this post on guildwork today turns out to be true you'll love that. Allegedly they may be lowering the time to re-enter diadem to 45 minutes. No source was mentioned though.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Well, if this post on guildwork today turns out to be true you'll love that. Allegedly they may be lowering the time to re-enter diadem to 45 minutes. No source was mentioned though.

Yoshi stated earlier that he would look into lowering the entry time. 45min would be very good for ESO farming at the minimum.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    The new dungeons are extremely faceroll and near impossible to wipe to anything besides a bad puller.
    You should use the Duty Finder more often, you'd then realise that people often struggle against the bee boss or ignore the side bees attacks when they stack together in a row of 4, then are all surprised cause they died, or the people who ignore the adds & batteries of the 2nd boss of Pharos Sirius just for the sake of DPSing then wipe cause they're very bad with their DPS, or the people who wipe you to the last boss for their bad DPS sake again ignoring blue adds (happened to me last night.)

Saddest part? Apparently one of these dungeon was nerfed prior release..

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Yoshi stated earlier that he would look into lowering the entry time. 45min would be very good for ESO farming at the minimum.
    Yep. Wonder how that'll change farms though. I know some will keep going for gear but I wonder if it'll become the eso farm spot DF wise.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    You should use the Duty Finder more often, you'd then realise that people often struggle against the bee boss or ignore the side bees attacks when they stack together in a row of 4, then are all surprised cause they died, or the people who ignore the adds & batteries of the 2nd boss of Pharos Sirius just for the sake of DPSing then wipe cause they're very bad with their DPS, or the people who wipe you to the last boss for their bad DPS sake again ignoring blue adds (happened to me last night.)

Saddest part? Apparently one of these dungeon was nerfed prior release..
    Yeah. The Arboretum was nerfed prior to release because Yoshi was complaining it was too hard to be considered fun. There's also the problem with DF groups fighting Belladonna because turning around is too hard. Sucks hard as a healer when you're the only one taking normal damage from Soul Vacuum and/or wiping to Soul Vacuum because the DPS can't kill the adds fast enough to not have every loaded with Magic Vulnerability stacks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, the dungeons aren't hard, not really. I've just had a string of really annoying tanks that pull everything possible when they're not geared/skilled (bad CD use) for it. I'm not joking with what I said up there, I had to use literally everything I had to keep them alive - and they still kept pulling too much.

Some idiot posted a movie on the OF about skipping half of the mobs before the second boss (just kill the Honeycomb first, ignore everything else) and now everyone thinks they can do it. In DF, my experience is it doesn't save you any time at all because half of the party is going to die in the process. With friends, sure, I'd trust the tanks I know to do it and not be retards about it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lujei View Post
    Yeah, the dungeons aren't hard, not really. I've just had a string of really annoying tanks that pull everything possible when they're not geared/skilled (bad CD use) for it. I'm not joking with what I said up there, I had to use literally everything I had to keep them alive - and they still kept pulling too much.
    Playing devil advocate here, but as of today I still see people forcing speed runs on unskilled/geared tanks because they "believe" their "its my 3 mins!" is worth the wipe on trash mobs. We come to a point where some of tanks just want to be able to get their eso in peace and they believe the party will be happy if they try, because the previous party tried the SR & died due to the lack of gears/skills.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Oh, absolutely, it drives me absolutely crazy when people pull for the tank when the tank clearly can't handle it. I saw that happen a lot in Fractal.

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely not always the tank's fault. In my runs in Arboretum, however, it was.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

WTF is wrong with these Arboretum "speed runs". Met a tank that would stop running then keep going after every mob packs. These mobs won't follow you anymore after you stood still long enough for 2-3 holy and some flares on them.

He even warned us beforehand that he would do big pulls and kept standing still at every mob pack for at least 5 secs.

Dungeon ended up lasting 35 mins because everyone wasted their cooldowns as he seemed to stop pulling but suddenly decided to grab more shit.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Those tanks are the fucking worst as the healer since you assume they're stopping for whatever reason since they haven't moved in 2GCDs after one pack, then once you prep your E4E/Clerics they take off to the next pack with more of their own CDs being wasted. By the time they do settle they're getting murdered and I'm mashing Adlo/Lustrate.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I had a terrible paladin tank today in my expert roulette who seemed to believe he was God's gift to the Final Fantasy community. He started off by pulling every pack he could at once at the start of Saint Arboretum whilst only flashing once to establish aoe threat. Proceeded to blame the healer when the healer got threat and died immediately, wiping the group. We restart, get to the first boss and he pulls before the healer can regen mana and one of the dps can actually get to the boss platform. Okay, getting a little ridiculous. Boss dies and the tank says that people have got to hurry up because he isn't a 'scrub tank that the rest of us are used to that likes to go slowly in dungeons', and then proceeds to pull every pack up to the honeycomb wall and die pretty much instantly.

By the time we've got to the end of the dungeon, the group has wiped three times and the paladin has put the blame squarely on the shoulders of everyone in the group but him - apparently he had nothing to learn from scrubs like us, because tips like 'wait for mana regen' or 'pulling huge aoe packs of trash with two melee dps is pretty ineffective' or even 'pulling bosses before everyone can get there actually makes the dungeon slower' are illegitimate and useless. Having made sure that my ACT was tracking his subpar dps properly, it took one moment of inspecting his gear to confirm he had a single piece of jewelry from A1S and everything was suddenly made sense.