1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 10 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 497 of 575 FirstFirst ... 447 487 495 496 497 498 499 507 547 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Since they added the cross server party finder, i don't know if my server had slightly better people but oh man there are some god awful players now that join my PFs.
    Had a really tough time pugging savage clears this weekend, and only got 9 done...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

God I suck at PVP. But I want achievements. And there are sooo many PVP achievements. It's like my brain hits a brick wall when it comes to PVP. I become one of those dumbasses who Leeroys into giant packs of the opposing team and then wonders where the fuck the rest of my team went. My generally poor observational skills certainly don't help in this environment. All those useless assholes who give out free KOs and ruin your PVP experience? They're all me. I don't think I could be any worse at PVP. If you ever have me on your team, I'm sorry.

They should let the A11S book be able to buy gobcoats, I have no use for them at this point :O

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    God I suck at PVP. But I want achievements. And there are sooo many PVP achievements. It's like my brain hits a brick wall when it comes to PVP. I become one of those dumbasses who Leeroys into giant packs of the opposing team and then wonders where the fuck the rest of my team went. My generally poor observational skills certainly don't help in this environment. All those useless assholes who give out free KOs and ruin your PVP experience? They're all me. I don't think I could be any worse at PVP. If you ever have me on your team, I'm sorry.
    Frontlines isn't even about fighting and you can't really feed in Feast. If you're a free KO don't pick up medals and it's not even a huge deal. Just hang back mark whoever has high medals and spam 'Get The Medals'. I'm shit at PVP too but as long as you just make slightly smart dives you'll be fine.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

fourth d/c in three days. kicks me out entirely, sometimes can't even get back into the launcher. especially fun when it happens near the end of a roulette you waited 30 minutes to get into.

this needs to get fixed. now.

Dun Scaith on a reset night healer queue was 30 minutes. I don't remember it ever being that bad before.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

More people seem to go Tank/Healer since its the easier roles in that content lol, but they may have ninja changed the algorithm like they did for tanks.

I would have gone DPS if not for the stupid anima light forcing me to go healer in all content lol

Cassalot

dont get too hard on yourself lol with PVP you get better the more you do it. When I first started I definitely didn't know when to get out of fights. I was always the straggler behind getting killed.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

lot Dun Scaithe hat, body drops on final boss

FUUUUUUUUUU

at least it wasn't the legs, the only piece that's not Shire yet. that would have just killed me.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post

FUUUUUUUUUU

at least it wasn't the legs, the only piece that's not Shire yet. that would have just killed me.
    Most people hold out for body. Even though I run on healer and lot for caster, I grabbed healer legs this time because fuck waiting 3 entire weeks to get the Shire ones. The tomestone system continues to grind on my last nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassalot View Post
    dont get too hard on yourself lol with PVP you get better the more you do it. When I first started I definitely didn't know when to get out of fights. I was always the straggler behind getting killed.
    Yeah I guess you're right. I need to practice is all. The time between utterly sucking and being good at it is rough though.

As for the complaint of the day, people in Palace of the Dead have been utter cockweasels today. All you have to do in PotD is not be a douche, and some of the people I've partied with today couldn't even manage that.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Yep, when I was working on my private server I seen the models for every summon which I called into my server via command, so that's partially why I'm always skeptical, not because the .dat exists, but because it's clear they're just trying to stretch things out unnecessary. Basically Carbuncles are used for egis to replace in Summon I/II/III/IV etc so Ramuh Egi was more than possible, they just didn't want to create a new summon command for level 60.

Pic from my private server:
    Spoiler: show
    Quoting myself but -

It really shouldn't have taken them this long to do the egi glamour considering how bare bones it ended up being lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

FUUUUUUUUUU

First week I forgot about getting locked to one drop a week and ended up greeding a pair of crap gloves lol.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Only way to do CT/VA 24-man shit is to lot the very first thing you can use or win.

Otherwise the effort:time and RNG involved on multiple layers is simply not worth it.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think all servers have their share of bad players, you can't escape them. But some servers probably promote more of a "carry me senpai" atmosphere than others. Those RP and glam servers where everyone wants a bird but no one actually cares how well they're playing their role...

Guy on a ls I'm in asked a dps to jump into in-prog Steps of Faith so I was like what the hell. At least half the party being sprouts players, that's fine. But none of them bothered to learn how to actually win the fight even with me telling them explicitly what to do. DPSing it down was out of the question. I even saw a healer LB3! Ended up vote abandoning...good old steps of faith. I always know what to expect.
    Maybe it's a guilty pleasure of mine.. but I kinda like it when people lose their shit in Steps of Faith. If Tanks aren't losing it, healers are. DPS go stupid, etc. Even funnier when the "mob tank" don't grab everything and both healers drop. And while it doesn't happen much now, early last year, it would take like 5 min to even start it, because you'd have waves and waves of players dropping out of the instance . Some getting back in more than once LOL.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

thing is I have no time to play so I only Dun Scaithe once a week. I also figure augmented Shire is better in the long run, though I haven't done the math on secondary stats. so I mostly just lotted hat because, fuck why not?

edit: yeah, BiS for me (no Savage) is Augmented Shire all around, so w/e lol

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/YGGV

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I might catch some flak for this but... I'd rather wipe ten times in Mhach than listen to a bunch of people acting like children, swearing and calling each other retards because god forbid some people are new and struggle a bit. yes, it's old content, and people should be able to do it by now - but even so, those attitudes piss me off 10x more than the wipes. chill, be nice, educate the new people, and kick those who just can't/won't learn (like the BRD we kicked because he kept leaping from Ozma's platform...)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It depends on the group you end up with. It took awhile for me to find a really good linkshell but now I have one that's pretty solid.

Plus with x-server PFer you can now schedule stuff. I mean if you're on the Aether Data Server I could help with an A9S clear.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I might catch some flak for this but... I'd rather wipe ten times in Mhach than listen to a bunch of people acting like children, swearing and calling each other retards because god forbid some people are new and struggle a bit. yes, it's old content, and people should be able to do it by now - but even so, those attitudes piss me off 10x more than the wipes. chill, be nice, educate the new people, and kick those who just can't/won't learn (like the BRD we kicked because he kept leaping from Ozma's platform...)
    You don't filter alliance chat? The fuck is wrong with you?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

on the other hand, sometimes it's just not worth trying to talk a group through. I've had runs where i'm coaching the alliance, being all encouraging and shit, and people are responding, but we just can't get shit down cos our dps is low as fuck... and that's not something you can bring up.