1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 35 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 575 of 575 FirstFirst ... 525 565 573 574 575

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I wish there was a list somewhere of which quests are worth paying attention to. Sometimes the music gives a clue but by the time it plays you've already decided to skip in most cases because the previous three quests were so dull. I literally just spent 10 minutes finding lost sheep around the aetheryte area.
    The way I tell which quest I should pay attention is if the accept quest screen has a pretty picture on it. Otherwise I don't pay attention to the text lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    The way I tell which quest I should pay attention is if the accept quest screen has a pretty picture on it. Otherwise I don't pay attention to the text lol
    That's a good strategy, think I'll try that for the remainder.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yeah the steppe is actually the only good part of Stormsblood. I'm slightly biased because it's one of the FFXI writers and who did the Dark Knight (FFXIV) quest storyline and Coil story, which too is the only storyline in the game I liked so I'm not surprised one bit. They had to slow your progression down though so they added a ton of filler quests but it was enough to properly level you as once you hit bardams mettle you flew through the levels, granted you didn't spam slut dungeon for the 63 gear and ended up level 68 by time you hit the steppe.

The only good thing about Stormblood is Zenos, and now that he's dead the rest of the expansion is gonna suck.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    The only good thing about Stormblood is Zenos, and now that he's dead the rest of the expansion is gonna suck.
    Is he really though...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Is he really though...
    Well let me just think about everyone in the game and everyone they introduced in the expansion...

Yep. Still the best.

I think he's saying is he really dead

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I think he's saying is he really dead
    Oh I didn't think that was in question, seemed pretty clear to me. I mean it was pretty obvious when the credits rolled those two (I don't remember their names lol) were still alive because FFXIV storytelling is basic as fuck.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Spoiler: show
    I remember the ala mhigo chick as four dolla. (Its Fordola) and the other one is Yotsuyu. Tho its pretty obvious they're gonna both get redemption arcs because 4.x trial series are going to be based around the Sky Gods so unless we see two more patch cycles added on from our usual 5 then we're not gonna get any Stormblood story trials ala Nidhogg. I mean shit four dolla already got hers started.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yep Stormblood story from here on is probably gonna be a big yawnfest. We need something of the caliber of the ARR end cutscene again. But this time don't fuck up the followup.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Oh I didn't think that was in question, seemed pretty clear to me. I mean it was pretty obvious when the credits rolled those two (I don't remember their names lol) were still alive because FFXIV storytelling is basic as fuck.
    Zenos will be Stormblood's Eye of Nidhogg

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Come on at least use spoiler tags if you're going to post about a main character's death.

Got to say I did enjoy the big battle at the end of the Steppe quests but the rest of them seemed dull. Maybe I was guilty of skipping cutscenes I shouldn't have though. I can watch them in the Inns I guess.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The person who did the steppe quests is also responsible for a lot of the really fucking good quests.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Aetherpact: fairly useless, or am I missing something?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, mostly useless. The only time I use it I think is in dungeons when the tank does a big pull and I want to apply my dots feeling safe he won't die in the meantime

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In trials, I only ever use Aetherpact in Ultimate Coil because it seems to be the only fight where it hits the tank hard enough for me to make use of it while I got Selene out. And even then she doesn't use the fucking thing half the time I hit the button.

Expert roulette I'll hit it after Whispering Dawn just so I can do more dps upkeep, as Gokulo mentioned.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My SCH throws it on me for some spicy parts like spellblade holy books in 3 off the top of my head.